PDA

View Full Version : Dak will be getting PAID soon...

CarolinaDawgs
05-11-2018, 09:43 AM
Per twitter.. Cowboys willing to pay $28Mill/yr

So damn awesome for the guy.

https://twitter.com/BuckyBrooks/status/994351073409171456

Jack Lambert
05-11-2018, 10:02 AM
I thought Rookie contract were in force for three years?

dawgs
05-11-2018, 10:16 AM
I thought Rookie contract were in force for three years?

Teams take extensions before they hit the market. Dallas might think they can get dak for a little less money negotiating now after he stalled a bit in his development last year. If he bounces back big in 2018 and takes a few steps forward, he'll cost them more, so negotiating an extension now before he has a good chance of improving his value makes financial sense.

Homedawg
05-11-2018, 10:26 AM
This is one guy's opinion. Not fact. And he needs a good year this year and I think the cowboys will try to lock him up long term befor the 19 season

Bully13
05-11-2018, 10:29 AM
Teams take extensions before they hit the market. Dallas might think they can get dak for a little less money negotiating now after he stalled a bit in his development last year. If he bounces back big in 2018 and takes a few steps forward, he'll cost them more, so negotiating an extension now before he has a good chance of improving his value makes financial sense.

At $28M per year, looks like The Boys Believe he can continue to improve. Hopefully now he will upgrade from Black and Milds to at least H-Upmans.

ckDOG
05-11-2018, 11:15 AM
Yep. Big year for Dak. If he gets out of it injury free and plays well, he?s going to be filthy rich heading into the 2019 season.

msstate7
05-11-2018, 11:18 AM
At $28M per year, looks like The Boys Believe he can continue to improve. Hopefully now he will upgrade from Black and Milds to at least H-Upmans.

28 million per year? Wow... that's brees money

mparkerfd20
05-11-2018, 12:18 PM
He isn't getting paid, yet. That's just one guy's opinion. He is up for contract negotiation AFTER the season.

Coach007
05-11-2018, 01:22 PM
This is one guy's opinion. Not fact. And he needs a good year this year and I think the cowboys will try to lock him up long term befor the 19 season

Not really. He's stats are in line with the highest paid QBs

RocketDawg
05-11-2018, 01:32 PM
28 million per year? Wow... that's brees money

That would qualify as "filthy rich" in my book. Hope he gets it. Personally, I think professional sports salaries are absolutely ridiculous, but if others are getting it then the deserves it too.

dawgs
05-11-2018, 03:44 PM

Not really. His stats pale in comparison to Brady, brees, Rodgers, a healthy Andrew luck, Ryan, newton, etc. now he could get there cause most of those guys didn't immediately put up huge numbers either, but his stats are not in line with those kinda players yet, and there's nothing wrong or negative by acknowledging he needs to show improvement in 2018 for the cowboys to feel good about throwing top 10 QB money at him.

dawgs
05-11-2018, 03:45 PM
That would qualify as "filthy rich" in my book. Hope he gets it. Personally, I think professional sports salaries are absolutely ridiculous, but if others are getting it then the deserves it too.

Owners wouldn't pay them that kinda money if they weren't making more money. I'll never get complaining about player salaries in any sport when the owners are taking in exponentially more.

Homedawg
05-11-2018, 03:48 PM

Not really what?? And no they aren't. Take off he glasses. He's been solid. But let's not try to compare him to the elite. Not yet.

Ezsoil
05-11-2018, 08:33 PM
Not really what?? And no they aren't. Take off he glasses. He's been solid. But let's not try to compare him to the elite. Not yet.

He has been elite as far as metrics go....but he hasn’t proven himself in the most important metric which is post season wins

Maroonandwhite
05-12-2018, 08:55 AM
Dak elite? Don’t know for sure yet; but, this is a pretty strong argument. Cowherd brings the metrics...against other rising qb stars.

https://youtu.be/QHq4Fma1Bhg

Bully13
05-12-2018, 10:38 AM
Dak elite? Don’t know for sure yet; but, this is a pretty strong argument. Cowherd brings the metrics...against other rising qb stars.

I challenge anyone to argue the points Cowherd makes on Dak.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-12-2018, 10:51 AM
He may not get $28-30mil/yr but with another solid season he's guaranteed at least $20mil/yr probably closer to $23-25mil. Matt Ryan just signed the richest at $30mil/yr but Aaron Rodgers is about to top that. Kirk Cousins got $28mil/yr & he's never won 10 games in a season. Jimmy G got $27.5mil/yr from the 49ers for what 7 games. So it's not a far stretch that Dak could get that with a solid year.

Pit Bull
05-13-2018, 06:34 AM
He isn't getting paid, yet. That's just one guy's opinion. He is up for contract negotiation AFTER the season.

Gonna be a real interesting year to follow Dak. With no Dez and no Witten....it's going to take a Herculean effort from him to keep his numbers up. I would like to see Dak start tracking alongside Russell Wilson. Both are similar, but Wilson seems to be a faster runner and arm strength a little stouter. This is the year that is going to be pretty much all on Dak if the Cowboys are to gitter done.

Homedawg
05-13-2018, 09:08 PM
He has been elite as far as metrics go....but he hasn’t proven himself in the most important metric which is post season wins

I don't need metrics to know elite. I love dak, he will be rich, but he's not elite at this point. Better redefine elite then.

Bully13
05-14-2018, 07:06 AM
I don't need metrics to know elite. I love dak, he will be rich, but he's not elite at this point. Better redefine elite then.

Do you disagree with what Cowherd says?

Homedawg
05-14-2018, 01:29 PM
Do you disagree with what Cowherd says?

He didn't talk about one guy that I consider elite. Heck, the only one of those qb's that go in the top 12 qb's in a fantasy draft is Cam and he's either feast or famine. They all get paid a lot, but none are elite.

ETA, Wentz may very well end up being elite but after 2 years and an injury its too early to say.

Bully13
05-14-2018, 04:56 PM
He didn't talk about one guy that I consider elite. Heck, the only one of those qb's that go in the top 12 qb's in a fantasy draft is Cam and he's either feast or famine. They all get paid a lot, but none are elite.

ETA, Wentz may very well end up being elite but after 2 years and an injury its too early to say.

Didn't Wentz have the best overall rating in the NFL last year? And Dak was 4th? I think Cowherd is making a better argument than you are. Just saying.