PDA

View Full Version : So how many guys from here will get Ole Miss offers.

Jack Lambert
05-10-2018, 09:44 AM
I would say any four or five star. No one else will touch them.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/05/10/graphic-video-shows-vicious-beating-alabama-football-player-prompting-12m-lawsuit.html

Liverpooldawg
05-10-2018, 09:49 AM
If they break their own QB's arm they should have no trouble "tackling" an opposing quarterback.

TXDawg
05-10-2018, 09:57 AM
This is the most ridiculous statement in that article and is indicative of what's wrong with our society. From the family's attorney:

"It's not the kids who beat him, who savagely attacked him, that are responsible. We expect kids to be kids. We don't expect adults to whom we entrust the lives and the safety of our children to turn a deaf ear and a blind eye and say nothing about this kind of violence."

If you can watch that video and say that's just "kids being kids", then you've got some serious issues to deal with yourself. Looks like criminal assault to me and the adults in charge have already taken swift action by suspending four players; and the DA is planning to press charges.

Jack Lambert
05-10-2018, 10:21 AM
This is the most ridiculous statement in that article and is indicative of what's wrong with our society. From the family's attorney:

"It's not the kids who beat him, who savagely attacked him, that are responsible. We expect kids to be kids. We don't expect adults to whom we entrust the lives and the safety of our children to turn a deaf ear and a blind eye and say nothing about this kind of violence."

If you can watch that video and say that's just "kids being kids", then you've got some serious issues to deal with yourself. Looks like criminal assault to me and the adults in charge have already taken swift action by suspending four players; and the DA is planning to press charges.

Kids being kids is putting heat muscle relaxer in their jock. That's there is just plain brutality.

smootness
05-10-2018, 10:41 AM

Four players? I count six that can be seen clearly taking a big part in it, and that doesn't even include the ones sticking out a leg and stomping/kicking or the ones crowding around.

1bigdawg
05-10-2018, 11:13 AM
What does suspension mean when the season is canceled?

Lord McBuckethead
05-10-2018, 01:13 PM
Kids being kids.... can't sue the kids. But you can sue the school district. Bingo. Start the talk how the kids were just the weapon. The school district outright condones this sort of behavior.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
05-10-2018, 01:34 PM
Suspend the students involved, cancel the season and press charges against every kid that took part in this. I'd also have to consider suspending the coaches as well. A clear message needs to be sent to everyone in that community and across the state that this behavior will not be tolerated and your actions have consequences or (in the case of the coaches) the lack of your actions have consequences.

BB30
05-10-2018, 04:55 PM
They need to let some of those kids go to big boy jail for sure. I don't understand how anyone in their right mind would think that was ok to do to another human being. I understand fights between kids but brutally beating a kid like that is just sick.