PDA

View Full Version : UK baseball weekend

Dawgcap
05-09-2018, 11:17 PM
Straight up calling series win this weekend! We ball under pressure

Todd4State
05-09-2018, 11:32 PM
Their pitching staff has an ERA over 5. I don't know if we will win the series because we have #Hendersoning in the dugout and I expect at least one game to be screwed up but I bet we hit well.

ATTILLA THE DOG
05-10-2018, 09:31 AM
I say Pilk/France Fri. Small/Neff Sat. unless the games are out of reach.Then johhny wholestaff sunday. I think this gives us our best shot to win the series.

msstate7
05-10-2018, 11:53 AM
Small and pilk give up a lot of fly balls at times. This is not a good weekend to give up fly balls.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
05-10-2018, 01:20 PM
Up until now I hadn't thought about this but Henderson is going back to Lexington for the 1st time since he was let go from up there. As a HC no less.....an interim HC but still an HC.

Come on boys let's sweep this thing for Henderson.

MarketingBully
05-10-2018, 06:45 PM
Quick question. Why does everyone think our pitching will be bad next year? We will have a healthy Price and Self to stabilize the back end of the bullpen. We get Ashcraft back and if we get Small back we should have a solid ace to rely on. Plus, we will have an all and all better coaching staff next year. Our starting pitching might not be as strong but our bullpen should be better. Personally, I think we will be okay.

BulldogtheMS
05-10-2018, 09:23 PM
It just depends on who comes back and who stays healthy. Last ~2 years we have lost big time guys we were depending on to throw it. I could see us having a decent year but I’m really excited about ‘20, if some pitchers come on board. All the growing pains of this year “should” pay off.

Pit Bull
05-10-2018, 10:38 PM
We do seem to play better with our backs to the wall. And our backs are definitely up against a big wall. So....anything can happen. I thought Arkansas would sweep us and look what happened.

99jc
05-10-2018, 10:43 PM
We do seem to play better with our backs to the wall. And our backs are definitely up against a big wall. So....anything can happen. I thought Arkansas would sweep us and look what happened.

I hope I'm wrong. This team is so unpredictable though.

Todd4State
05-11-2018, 12:40 AM
Quick question. Why does everyone think our pitching will be bad next year? We will have a healthy Price and Self to stabilize the back end of the bullpen. We get Ashcraft back and if we get Small back we should have a solid ace to rely on. Plus, we will have an all and all better coaching staff next year. Our starting pitching might not be as strong but our bullpen should be better. Personally, I think we will be okay.

I want to see how they do in the summer. That will tell us a lot. Most of the time with Tommy John the first year back is a little bit off and then the gains really come back the next year. We could see quite a jump with guys like Small, Keegan, and Breaux. I also want to see how Ashcraft looks because his injury is very different than Tommy John. Self appears healthy and that is a good thing. McQuary needs to step up and learn how to throw strikes more consistently. If we get JT Ginn through the draft he is an instant impact arm. We also have some in state pitchers that will be freshmen that could help us out like Regi Grace, Brandon Smith, and Bryce Brock but they'll be freshmen and I think Smith and Brock are probably more relief type guys. I like the JUCO pitcher from Jones JC Tyler Spring who we are getting and he signed with Alabama out of high school. His walk rate was pretty high but I believe he had an injury himself before he went to Jones. Trysten Barlow looked pretty good for us until he hurt his arm as well.