PDA

View Full Version : D1 Baseball's latest regional projections (as of Today)

Bulldog1
05-09-2018, 03:29 PM
https://d1baseball.com/projections/projected-field-64-may-9/

Right now they have us as the 3 seed in the Tallahassee regional.

sleepy dawg
05-10-2018, 04:10 AM
https://d1baseball.com/projections/projected-field-64-may-9/

Right now they have us as the 3 seed in the Tallahassee regional.

They say their rankings are a projection of the rest of the season, not if it ended today. I wish they'd show something about what we need to do to get that spot.

Johnson85
05-10-2018, 09:45 AM
So what do people think we need to do from here on out to get (1) to the SEC Tourney and (2) into the NCAA?

confucius say
05-10-2018, 09:50 AM
I think we need to go 3-3 to feel good about our NCAA chances. 2-4 would have us squarely on the bubble.

Jack Lambert
05-10-2018, 10:24 AM
I think we need to go 3-3 to feel good about our NCAA chances. 2-4 would have us squarely on the bubble.

As long as we have a 500 or better record we are in. The committed is going to give credit for everything that took place this season along with not having a stadium for the part of the season and losing the coach and all that transpired with that. Our SOS and RPI are good.

confucius say
05-10-2018, 10:59 AM
As long as we have a 500 or better record we are in. The committed is going to give credit for everything that took place this season along with not having a stadium for the part of the season and losing the coach and all that transpired with that. Our SOS and RPI are good.

Maybe so. Hope so. But we don't know that.

If we finish 2-4 that puts us at 29-26 (13-17). Lose on a Tuesday in Hoover and we are 29-27. Rpi would be around 35. USCe and OM were left out last year with a better RPI and a better conference record.

Matty Dispatch
05-10-2018, 11:12 AM

Well, they could also view the Cann situation as a mistake on the part of our baseball program....in the same vein as any mistake made on the field that costs you games.

As for not having a stadium, they ain't cutting us any slack for that. 1. RPI accounts for that 2. most northern teams essentially don't have a stadium for the first 3 weeks either 3. they don't give out welfare for rich programs building high dollar stadiums

msstate7
05-10-2018, 11:25 AM

If we finish 2-4 that puts us at 29-26 (13-17). Lose on a Tuesday in Hoover and we are 29-27. Rpi would be around 35. USCe and OM were left out last year with a better RPI and a better conference record.

That last sentence is concerning. You sold me... 3-3 needs to happen

Jack Lambert
05-10-2018, 11:27 AM

I have listen to two different guys on two different shows who projects these thing say state will get credit for all the early road games and losing the coach. The committee takes all in consideration. I can't remember who the two guys were. I think have a winning season and we will get a invite. It might be in California but we will get an invite. They could be wrong but I think they base a lot of what they say on what has happened in the past.

VandelayIndustries
05-10-2018, 12:05 PM
Of course LSU would get that regional