PDA

View Full Version : Troy baseball game now critical.....

Pit Bull
05-07-2018, 03:52 AM
....for our Bulldogs. Normally, wouldn't think much about playing them, but we are now starving for wins so we better be careful who we pitch and better come out swinging the bats. Trojans are capable of beating us like many midweek teams are. It's also a plus to play in Hoover and let our team get a feel for playing at Met Stadium because we are going to need a few wins there in the SECT later to enhance our record. Also wish we could call Rio Grande Valley and see if we could finish that fog cancelled game that we were ahead in....or at least agree to start it over. If there is any conference series that Henderson should be motivated to take.....it should be KY this coming weekend. They will likely throw Jelly Donut on Friday.....might be a good time to flip our Fri./Sun starters and let Small continue on Sat. Dang we really really need 2 wins in Lexington!! Of course so do they....Cats haven't been exactly setting the world on fire lately either. Go Dogs!

confucius say
05-07-2018, 10:21 AM
Why are we the home team against Troy with the game being played in Hoover??
For RPI purposes, it would help if it were at least labeled a neutral site game.

smootness
05-07-2018, 10:41 AM
For RPI purposes, it would help if it were at least labeled a neutral site game.

? That will definitely be a neutral-site game.

MetEdDawg
05-07-2018, 11:03 AM

Someone has to be the home team. But it will be a neutral site game for RPI purposes

confucius say
05-07-2018, 12:37 PM
Someone has to be the home team. But it will be a neutral site game for RPI purposes

Oh ok. Good. That's what I thought too but didn't seem that way from what I heard on radio. I know we have played at auto zone park and it has been counted as a home game instead of a neutral site game.

Johnson85
05-07-2018, 01:33 PM
Oh ok. Good. That's what I thought too but didn't seem that way from what I heard on radio. I know we have played at auto zone park and it has been counted as a home game instead of a neutral site game.

I thought the complaint was that we played Memphis in Auto Zone Park and it counted as neutral instead of away?

confucius say
05-07-2018, 05:36 PM
I thought the complaint was that we played Memphis in Auto Zone Park and it counted as neutral instead of away?

You are prob right. Getting old.

Bully13
05-07-2018, 06:11 PM
Erybody CHILL! .. We gots some talent. It's gonna workout. Be patient. We got 17'd on CannGate. Let's let this season play out and win as much as we can to get a favorable seeding and be the Road Warriors these fine young players have proven they can be.

These players can surprise the shit out of us at times and make us scratch our heads sometimes as well. It is what it is.

I think we have a shot at taking the UF series at The Dude. Not understanding why there are those saying "we don't have a chance to do that"

Let's let is play out. If it stinks in the end, fine. Next Year will be the payoff. But I'm not throwing in the towel on this year. And I'm certainly not saying the Troy game will be the deciding factor as to how our 2018 fortunes pan out.

MetEdDawg
05-07-2018, 07:52 PM
Erybody CHILL! .. We gots some talent. It's gonna workout. Be patient. We got 17'd on CannGate. Let's let this season play out and win as much as we can to get a favorable seeding and be the Road Warriors these fine young players have proven they can be.

These players can surprise the shit out of us at times and make us scratch our heads sometimes as well. It is what it is.

I think we have a shot at taking the UF series at The Dude. Not understanding why there are those saying "we don't have a chance to do that"

Let's let is play out. If it stinks in the end, fine. Next Year will be the payoff. But I'm not throwing in the towel on this year. And I'm certainly not saying the Troy game will be the deciding factor as to how our 2018 fortunes pan out.

I thought we were a 3 seed heading into this season. If Cann hadn't screwed up we would be a 2 seed probably. But the fact that after all that happened with him, plus the injuries to the pitching staff again, plus the emergence of the freshmen, I will say that a 3 seed under these circumstances would be a hell of a lot more impressive than a 2 seed under Cann

Pit Bull
05-07-2018, 09:33 PM
I thought we were a 3 seed heading into this season. If Cann hadn't screwed up we would be a 2 seed probably. But the fact that after all that happened with him, plus the injuries to the pitching staff again, plus the emergence of the freshmen, I will say that a 3 seed under these circumstances would be a hell of a lot more impressive than a 2 seed under Cann

I realized some of the players discovered early on about Canny's escapades, but I wonder if Coach Henderson knew also....or at least started noticing things unusual with his young boss. You would think as his pitching coach, they would be pretty close to each other and when Canny started thinking with his other head, Hendy picked up on it.....and either kept quiet about it....or maybe he quietly let someone else know about it......like maybe Cohen.

BuckyIsAB****
05-07-2018, 10:11 PM
I realized some of the players discovered early on about Canny's escapades, but I wonder if Coach Henderson knew also....or at least started noticing things unusual with his young boss. You would think as his pitching coach, they would be pretty close to each other and when Canny started thinking with his other head, Hendy picked up on it.....and either kept quiet about it....or maybe he quietly let someone else know about it......like maybe Cohen.

I'd imagine the team knew Cann wasnt all in over the offseason, Henderson included. It was obvious we were totally unprepared vs USM.

We wouldve lost to Hattiesburg Jr High those 3 nights. Nothing against Hattiesburg Jr High but still

Todd4State
05-07-2018, 10:14 PM

If the rumors were true Henderson as well as other coaches and players went to Cohen about it.

sleepy dawg
05-08-2018, 11:11 AM
Troy is a must win right now for sure, if only b/c who we have left after that. If we end up beating Kentucky and Florida in series, then looking back it wouldn't have mattered.
Last year South Carolina and Ole Miss both got left out with better RPIs than we have right now and both had losing conference records. This is where we sit right now. We control our own destiny, but it won't be an easy destiny to fulfill.

confucius say
05-08-2018, 04:25 PM
Troy is a must win right now for sure, if only b/c who we have left after that. If we end up beating Kentucky and Florida in series, then looking back it wouldn't have mattered.
Last year South Carolina and Ole Miss both got left out with better RPIs than we have right now and both had losing conference records. This is where we sit right now. We control our own destiny, but it won't be an easy destiny to fulfill.

I think we need to get to 14-16 in the league. That's 3-3 over final six.

Bully13
05-08-2018, 04:43 PM

If you think about it, had he not got caught, we'd prolly be worse off than we are right now. Texting his side squeeze in the dugout? c'moan mane. He was so obsessed with this girl he had literally crawled up inside her orifice and nothing else mattered. Not even his pregnant wife or family much less his job. What a disgusting individual.

Pit Bull
05-08-2018, 09:07 PM
If you think about it, had he not got caught, we'd prolly be worse off than we are right now. Texting his side squeeze in the dugout? c'moan mane. He was so obsessed with this girl he had literally crawled up inside her orifice and nothing else mattered. Not even his pregnant wife or family much less his job. What a disgusting individual.

And she wasn't even worth it. If you are determined to cheat (and of course I do not recommend it), at least go for the super models or high class hoes like Trump did during his playboy days in Manhattan.

Todd4State
05-09-2018, 08:30 AM

This is true- see how we played in the USM series. He had completely lost the team and when that happens it's hard if not impossible to get the team back.