PDA

View Full Version : DeSoto Central Baseball

basedog
05-06-2018, 10:41 AM
Is loaded with young Msu commitments:

Freshman, Sophomore and two Juniors, they also have another Soph who is committed to Tn. Watching them play amazes me with the talent. Btw, for those who say we don't have size these guys do!

Better days ahead for whoever our new coach will be.

The Federalist Engineer
05-06-2018, 11:27 AM
Great post, would be nice to have Dallas Woolfork and Austin Riley on this years team. Riley could have been golden spikes this year- but my damned Braves

basedog
05-06-2018, 11:43 AM
Baseball factor in this area, I really like what I'm seeing, so much potential in those guys! I have a connection btw, I will be following closely over the next few years.

msstate7
05-06-2018, 11:48 AM
Great post, would be nice to have Dallas Woolfork and Austin Riley on this years team. Riley could have been golden spikes this year- but my damned Braves

Riley this season at AA (most likely AAA any day)...
.333/.394/.677

That's in a pitchers' league in an extreme pitchers' park. It would be almost unfair having Riley with an aluminum bat this season. He is an absolute stud

basedog
05-06-2018, 11:58 AM
Wait till you see the Jordan kid, a freshman, big 1st baseman, he is the real deal! Never ever have I seen someone that young in baseball with that kind of talent, I know he is young and things can change.

Bully13
05-06-2018, 12:02 PM
Riley this season at AA (most likely AAA any day)...
.333/.394/.677

That's in a pitchers' league in an extreme pitchers' park. It would be almost unfair having Riley with an aluminum bat this season. He is an absolute stud

Wow. is this Riley's first year as a pro?

msstate7
05-06-2018, 12:07 PM
Wow. is this Riley's first year as a pro?

No, his 3rd... supposedly will start at AAA tomorrow

Bully13
05-06-2018, 12:36 PM
No, his 3rd... supposedly will start at AAA tomorrow

Thanks. sometimes never going going to college is the right move. Do you know round he was drafted and how much his signing bonus was?

msstate7
05-06-2018, 12:39 PM
Thanks. sometimes never going going to college is the right move. Do you know round he was drafted and how much his signing bonus was?

41st pick
1.6 million

Bully13
05-06-2018, 02:04 PM
41st pick
1.6 million

thanks again, that sounds like the 2nd round if I'm not mistaken. Looks like Austin made the right call and so did the team that drafted him. Looking like he should have gone higher at this point but hindsight's always 20/20.

05-06-2018, 02:30 PM

For the truly elite kids, yes, it is

Todd4State
05-06-2018, 02:47 PM

Thing is if he has gone to MSU he probably would have gone to AA where he started out at this year anyway.

Homedawg
05-06-2018, 05:49 PM
Thing is if he has gone to MSU he probably would have gone to AA where he started out at this year anyway.

People lose sight that by the time a guy signs out of ha he plays 20 games in short season rookie ball. Then the year after what would have been his fr year, he spends at best in low A. After so year, at best husband high a. And that's the exception in advancement for a hs signee. Not the rule. Going out of hs is so tough bc of maturity and dealing w failure and consistently playing elite talent every night. Most can't handle it. Hell look at Derek jeter. He almost quit and he was ultra elite. Stats show going to college is the best route. Now I'm not saying not to take big money that's hard to pass. But you can get insurance and cover you in case of injury.

msstate7
05-06-2018, 05:53 PM
People lose sight that by the time a guy signs out of ha he plays 20 games in short season rookie ball. Then the year after what would have been his fr year, he spends at best in low A. After so year, at best husband high a. And that's the exception in advancement for a hs signee. Not the rule. Going out of hs is so tough bc of maturity be dealong w failure and consistently playing elite talent every night. Most can't handle it. Hell look at Derek jeter. He almost quit and he was ultra elite. Stats show going to college is the best route. Now I'm not saying not to take big money that's hard to pass. But you can get insurance and cover you in case of injury.

Or you could take the money upfront and have school paid for later. The braves have 3 players on the big team that wouldnt be draft eligible yet if they went to college. Non elite should go to college; elite should go pro imo

I seen it dawg
05-06-2018, 07:48 PM
Or you could take the money upfront and have school paid for later. The braves have 3 players on the big team that wouldnt be draft eligible yet if they went to college. Non elite should go to college; elite should go pro imo

Are they US kids or foreign?

Homedawg
05-06-2018, 07:50 PM

I have no issue w your stance. Just that more "elite" hs guys don't make it. And it's not bc of talent. School paid for later is something they use but it's a joke. You know if you don't start your education within a year of retirement, they don't pay for it. Fine print stuff.

msstate7
05-06-2018, 07:56 PM
Are they US kids or foreign?

One was draft. 2 were international draft. Austin Riley and kolby allard are almost locks to be the 4th and 5th this season, and both were draft

Todd4State
05-06-2018, 09:05 PM
People lose sight that by the time a guy signs out of ha he plays 20 games in short season rookie ball. Then the year after what would have been his fr year, he spends at best in low A. After so year, at best husband high a. And that's the exception in advancement for a hs signee. Not the rule. Going out of hs is so tough bc of maturity and dealing w failure and consistently playing elite talent every night. Most can't handle it. Hell look at Derek jeter. He almost quit and he was ultra elite. Stats show going to college is the best route. Now I'm not saying not to take big money that's hard to pass. But you can get insurance and cover you in case of injury.

Well said and I agree. And to your point in another post about getting education paid for- I would be willing to bet that most don't go that route initially because they're still trying to hang around and some of them can't just up and go to Starkville because by that point some of them have a wife and kids.

preachermatt83
05-06-2018, 10:33 PM
Wait till you see the Jordan kid, a freshman, big 1st baseman, he is the real deal! Never ever have I seen someone that young in baseball with that kind of talent, I know he is young and things can change.

Blaze? He's been good for a long long time. He can hit a ball as far as anyone I've ever seen at any level. And best thing is, from what i hear he is not even going to entertain the possibility to go pro. He wants to play college ball and no amount of money will change his mind. That's just what I've heard from ppl very very close to him.

Todd4State
05-06-2018, 10:42 PM
Blaze? He's been good for a long long time. He can hit a ball as far as anyone I've ever seen at any level. And best thing is, from what i hear he is not even going to entertain the possibility to go pro. He wants to play college ball and no amount of money will change his mind. That's just what I've heard from ppl very very close to him.

Here's a crazy what if- as a MSU fan choose between Austin Riley and Blaze Jordan and we can only have one. Honestly- nothing against Riley I think I would go with Blaze.

Coldsleeve Jr.
05-06-2018, 10:43 PM
DeSoto's HC is huge state fan. Starkville native.

basedog
05-07-2018, 04:15 AM
The thing with Blaze is he's just a Freshman, being so young things can change quickly as he matures and grows, Seems to handle all the attention extremely well.

Fun watching this team, I will be in Oxford for game two, I have much interest in this game.

Pit Bull
05-07-2018, 05:10 AM
All the SEC schools recruit Desoto Central intensely. It's not a MSU farm league high school. Bianco is up there all the time watching games. We just need to get our share of the good players. Ole Miss will get theirs and whoever else will get theirs.

msstate7
05-07-2018, 01:41 PM
Here's a blurb about Riley from BA...

"The Scoop: When the season began, the Braves had three positions where the team?s 2019 plans were unclear. Freddie Freeman, Ozzie Albies and Dansby Swanson were set in the infield. Ronald Acu?a and Ender Inciarte were going to be two of the outfielders. But third base, one outfield spot and catcher were wide open. Riley, who was just promoted to Triple-A, has played well enough that third base is not really a question mark for 2019 anymore. Riley?s .393/.394/.677 stat line in a month at Double-A this season is even more notable when you remember that he is the youngest hitter in the league. (JJ)"

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/top-mlb-prospects-hot-sheet-5718/

basedog
05-07-2018, 03:31 PM
Start another thread 7 you've killed this one****

We lost on a minor league player, high school recruits are way more important and that was my reason for this post. Actually there is some good info I will share as time goes by, I have some inside connections.

The Federalist Engineer
05-07-2018, 04:05 PM
All the SEC schools recruit Desoto Central intensely. It's not a MSU farm league high school. Bianco is up there all the time watching games. We just need to get our share of the good players. Ole Miss will get theirs and whoever else will get theirs.

We gotta think in terms of expanding the field, not defending turf. We do great in Alabama but not much in Florida and should be more involved in GA and Texas

We need a annual deal with GT or Kennesaw State for ATL relevance. Loved the Houston games this year. We could also play Kansas or KSU in Kansas City, every few years. Great area for talent.

basedog
05-07-2018, 04:10 PM
We gotta think in terms of expanding the field, not defending turf. We do great in Alabama but not much in Florida and should be more involved in GA and Texas

We need a annual deal with GT or Kennesaw State for ATL relevance. Loved the Houston games this year. We could also play Kansas or KSU in Kansas City, every few years. Great area for talent.

+1

05-07-2018, 04:12 PM
And best thing is, from what i hear he is not even going to entertain the possibility to go pro. He wants to play college ball and no amount of money will change his mind. That's just what I've heard from ppl very very close to him.
LOL

msbulldog
05-08-2018, 12:34 PM
Start another thread 7 you've killed this one****

We lost on a minor league player, high school recruits are way more important and that was my reason for this post. Actually there is some good info I will share as time goes by, I have some inside connections.

Will be glad to hear it Basedog, thanks.

basedog
05-08-2018, 03:03 PM
Will be glad to hear it Basedog, thanks.

It's Coming****

But true!

Todd4State
05-08-2018, 09:53 PM
It's Coming****

But true!

God help you if it involves coffee.**

BankerDog
05-08-2018, 11:06 PM
For every Austin Riley, I can name a Chase Vallot, Gray Fenter, Greg Pickett, Q Holmes, Bryce Hutchinson, Dale Burdick, Will Du Pont, Ryan Bolden, even Cord Sandberg. All were considered "elite" talent but their stats, so far, haven't backed it up.

basedog
05-09-2018, 06:00 AM
God help you if it involves coffee.**

LOL

+1