PDA

View Full Version : Leo Lewis arrested

deadheaddawg
05-04-2018, 02:10 PM
Anyone know anything

http://www.wtva.com/content/news/MSU-Linebacker-Leo-Lewis-arrested-481771231.html

STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) -- Mississippi State linebacker Leo Lewis has been arrested.
Oktibbeha County jail records show Lewis, 21, was arrested around 1 a.m. on a charge of disorderly conduct.
The sheriff's department says a news release will be sent out later today.
Lewis is from Brookhaven and is part of the NCAA investigation into gifts given by boosters to prospective athletes at Ole Miss.
NCAA says Lewis received merchandise from an Oxford business and $21,000 in cash

ShotgunDawg
05-04-2018, 02:13 PM
Disorderly conduct?

Would love for that to be what he causes on the field this Fall

Bulldog1
05-04-2018, 02:31 PM
Not good.

mstatefan91
05-04-2018, 02:34 PM
Not good.

Well, we will get to see how JoMo handles punishment for arrests.. Is this the first one since he got here?

starkvegasdawg
05-04-2018, 02:49 PM
DO can be anything. It's the catchall charge that they can make about almost anything.

BrunswickDawg
05-04-2018, 02:50 PM
DO can be anything. It's the catchall charge that they can make about almost anything.

Anything from back talking a cop for asking him to move along, all the way up to fighting in the streets. It is a wide open charge.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
05-04-2018, 03:08 PM
Looks like WLBT has ole miss fans working as journalists now:

https://twitter.com/waverlymccarthy/status/992491722335801344

DCdawg
05-04-2018, 03:16 PM
Well, we will get to see how JoMo handles punishment for arrests.. Is this the first one since he got here?

I think Austin Williams was the first. Not sure if there has been any discipline yet.

TimberBeast
05-04-2018, 03:21 PM
I think Austin Williams was the first. Not sure if there has been any discipline yet.

Austin Williams was arrested or was disciplined for some other reason?

BeardoMSU
05-04-2018, 03:25 PM
Looks like WLBT has ole miss fans working as journalists now:

https://twitter.com/waverlymccarthy/status/992491722335801344

Already deleted, lol.

Dawgology
05-04-2018, 03:37 PM
Seems like our local SO has a hard on for arresting football players. Would love to see which ones do the most arresting of players and what their rooting interest is.

LC Dawg
05-04-2018, 03:51 PM
A smartass college kid was disobeying a law enforcement officer and the officer decided to show him who was in control. It happens a lot. He'll be disciplined and we'll move on. If any Ole Miss fans mention it to you give them a Hugh Freeze forgiveness quote and tell them to stfu.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
05-04-2018, 03:51 PM
https://www.elitedawgs.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3007&d=1525467095

BeardoMSU
05-04-2018, 03:57 PM

Wow.

BeardoMSU
05-04-2018, 03:57 PM
A smartass college kid was disobeying a law enforcement officer and the officer decided to show him who was in control. It happens a lot. He'll be disciplined and we'll move on. If any Ole Miss fans mention it to you give them a Hugh Freeze forgiveness quote and tell them to stfu.

This. It's that simple. And it happens all the damn time. No biggie.

Bulldog1
05-04-2018, 03:58 PM
Here. I made it bigger for you (not much bigger though).
https://s9.postimg.cc/l205jx9bz/ED741_BFC-951_C-40_C5-82_C9-_BF5_FC135_EFB5.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Commercecomet24
05-04-2018, 04:02 PM
This. It's that simple. And it happens all the damn time. No biggie.

This. While I don't condone getting arrested and yes he should receive discipline for this(which I'm sure he will). Young people make mistakes and disorderly conduct doesn't rank in the same class as threatening to shoot up a bar with a AK47. Screw unm!

DCdawg
05-04-2018, 04:05 PM
Austin Williams was arrested or was disciplined for some other reason?

http://sports.usatoday.com/2017/12/18/mississippi-states-austin-williams-arrested-for-public-intoxication/

Homedawg
05-04-2018, 05:41 PM
Seems like our local SO has a hard on for arresting football players. Would love to see which ones do the most arresting of players and what their rooting interest is.

You have no clue what you are talking about. None.

ShotgunDawg
05-04-2018, 05:45 PM

Football Players Lives Matter*

ShotgunDawg
05-04-2018, 05:56 PM

This

People always want to blame the cops for this stuff and call them Ole Miss fans but think about this:

We average about 2-3 football arrests per year.

If you picked 100 random people out of the student population, how many of them would likely be arrested that year?

3-5 maybe?

Bully13
05-04-2018, 05:58 PM

He doesn't? you have some inside intel you care to share? Just asking since you seem to be in the know.

ShotgunDawg
05-04-2018, 06:15 PM
He doesn't? you have some inside intel you care to share? Just asking since you seem to be in the know.

There is no inside intel.

It's common sense. The likely hood of an MSU football player getting arrested is no greater than that of the student body. Take any 100 random males on campus

Dawgology
05-04-2018, 06:26 PM

You're right. I know absolutely nothing about local law enforcement. Thanks for clearing that up.

Dawgology
05-04-2018, 06:28 PM

It's common sense. The likely hood of an MSU football player getting arrested is no greater than that of the student body. Take any 100 random males on campus

Probably right. The Mississippi media is also totally unbiased and there is No WAY a Starkville High school coach would direct his football players to Ole Miss. Glad we cleared that all up!

FriarsPoint
05-04-2018, 06:31 PM

I disagree. Football players in the SEC aren?t ?random males?. High profile brings high attention.

Saltydog
05-04-2018, 06:52 PM
punishment, sure but anything more than internal discipline is probably unwarranted.

starkvegasdawg
05-04-2018, 07:37 PM
WCBI reporting cops were called to break up a party and cars blocking the street. Leo was attempting to leave the opposite direction cops were directing traffic. Talk about a danger to society. I don't feel safe in Starkville any more with that kind of thuggery going on.

Dawgology
05-04-2018, 07:56 PM
WCBI reporting cops were called to break up a party and cars blocking the street. Leo was attempting to leave the opposite direction cops were directing traffic. Talk about a danger to society. I don't feel safe in Starkville any more with that kind of thuggery going on.

Yep...definitely an arrestable offense. No doubt.

mstatefan91
05-04-2018, 10:08 PM
Yep...definitely an arrestable offense. No doubt.
Well it is. If you drive the wrong way on a street and refuse to get into the correct lane/pull over then you are going to be arrested. It’s not that hard to figure out.

Dawgology
05-04-2018, 10:14 PM
Well it is. If you drive the wrong way on a street and refuse to get into the correct lane/pull over then you are going to be arrested. It’s not that hard to figure out.

Well...sure. Every offense is an arrestable offense if you get down to brass tacks. Even speeding 5 miles over the speed limit yet you can write a ticket in lieu of that. It's officers discretion.

mstatefan91
05-04-2018, 10:20 PM
Well...sure. Every offense is an arrestable offense if you get down to brass tacks. Even speeding 5 miles over the speed limit yet you can write a ticket in lieu of that. It's officers discretion.
I don’t think you get it. Refusing to obey lawful commands is what gets people arrested on disorderly conduct. Nobody is getting arrested for going 5 over if they pull over and don’t have anything else going on because they followed lawful command and complied.

Look I’m not saying this is that big of a deal but the officers are justified if Leo refused to comply. That’ll get you arrested nearly every single time.

Pit Bull
05-04-2018, 10:24 PM
Ok Leo....we're sitting you for the SFA game!

mstatefan91
05-04-2018, 10:25 PM
Ok Leo....we're sitting you for the SFA game!

Maybe the first half and I doubt even that

Todd4State
05-05-2018, 12:17 AM
I don’t think you get it. Refusing to obey lawful commands is what gets people arrested on disorderly conduct. Nobody is getting arrested for going 5 over if they pull over and don’t have anything else going on because they followed lawful command and complied.

Look I’m not saying this is that big of a deal but the officers are justified if Leo refused to comply. That’ll get you arrested nearly every single time.

I agree. He potentially put people in danger and could have run over someone. What he should have done if he felt like he was boxed in by the other cars and people (I'm making a lot of assumptions here and going off of personal experience) he should have stopped and asked the police to help clear a spot so he could get out.

It also sounds like something that as long as he admits guilt he could get off with a fine or something like that potentially.

moss818
05-05-2018, 12:26 AM
Man I know Spd is always looking for you to slip up. I once had a 7 keg party and they called us out for blocking Josey ave. They came looking for the house ?owners?. I hid in the bushes till they left, then went next door with a girl. They never came back. In short, Leo wasn?t doing anything we weren?t at that time in our lives.

Homedawg
05-05-2018, 12:38 AM

Yeah I'd share it here w you. Makes sense

Dawgology
05-05-2018, 12:39 AM

And yet... just a couple of weeks ago in the same jurisdiction a part-time officer that was DUI was allowed to leave with someone and not even ticketed. The SAME group that DID ticket Dak for NOT being DUI. It seems we see a lot of our football players over there being arrested for misdemeanors.

Homedawg
05-05-2018, 12:42 AM
And yet... just a couple of weeks ago in the same jurisdiction a part-time officer that was DUI was allowed to leave with someone and not even ticketed. The SAME group that DID ticket Dak for NOT being DUI. It seems we see a lot of our football players over there being arrested for misdemeanors.

Just do us all a favor and quit. Please. Nothing you say can help and you have already made an incorrect statement in this thread that's just flat wrong.

deadheaddawg
05-05-2018, 01:28 AM
Not a big deal at all, but dude should be smarter than this. A cop should not have to tell you several times to turn around. (unless there is more to it)

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/mississippi-state-lb-leo-lewis-arrested-and-charged-with-disorderly-conduct/

A new release from the Oktibbeha County Sheriff's Department says deputies were called a Aspen Heights Apartments because a large crowd of people and cars were blocking streets.

Deputies attempting to clear the streets directed traffic to exit.

The release says Lewis attempted to push through traffic in the wrong direction and was arrested after several attempts to get him to turn around

TUSK
05-05-2018, 01:45 AM
This. While I don't condone getting arrested and yes he should receive discipline for this(which I'm sure he will). Young people make mistakes and disorderly conduct doesn't rank in the same class as threatening to shoot up a bar with a AK47. Screw unm!

glad yall outbid us*

FriarsPoint
05-05-2018, 02:45 AM
glad yall outbid us*

You really need to change that picture. I know you love Alabama and the Corps. But, son, to those of us that ain?t from Alabama, we?d prefer the nations flag. I didn?t serve in the Corps. I spent 18 years as a boot.

TUSK
05-05-2018, 03:08 AM
You really need to change that picture. I know you love Alabama and the Corps. But, son, to those of us that ain?t from Alabama, we?d prefer the nations flag. I didn?t serve in the Corps. I spent 18 years as a boot.

1) I appreciate your input... Thanks, buddy,,,

2) What in the flying fish phuck are you tryin' to say, daddio????

I'm dogshit hammered, and you make me want to grind you up and feed you to '61......

Bully13
05-05-2018, 06:37 AM
back to back reputations attempted to be giiven to Tusk. But my reputation button is malfunctioning.

BuckyIsAB****
05-05-2018, 08:17 AM
Leo will run some stadium steps and that'll be it.

Dawgology
05-05-2018, 10:01 AM
Just do us all a favor and quit. Please. Nothing you say can help and you have already made an incorrect statement in this thread that's just flat wrong.

I will now. I was in a pissy argumentative mood yesterday and that shit was just icing on the turd cake of my day. But it's a new day, I'm outside grilling under my new patio roof and watching the rain fall. Hail State.

Dawgology
05-05-2018, 10:02 AM

I hope so but if there is anywhere we could stand to lose a player for a game against a FCS school it is most definitely the defense.

Ari Gold
05-05-2018, 12:47 PM
How many disorderly conducts are not reported in T-town??
Head football Coach Nick Saban, behind the sceen Chief of Police of Tuscaloosa Nick Saban

If this is actually all Leo did then it’s no biggie.

TUSK
05-05-2018, 12:55 PM
How many disorderly conducts are not reported in T-town??
Head football Coach Nick Saban, behind the scene Chief of Illuminati, New World Order, SEC Officiating, and Bilderbergs of the Galaxy...

If this is actually all Leo did then it’s no biggie.

FIFY

RocketDawg
05-05-2018, 01:02 PM

Remind me what happened to the Alabama player who was caught in Louisiana smoking weed in a car with an illegal handgun on him .... Best I remember, it was nothing ....

TUSK
05-05-2018, 01:37 PM
Remind me what happened to the Alabama player who was caught in Louisiana smoking weed in a car with an illegal handgun on him .... Best I remember, it was nothing ....

suspended indefinitely
weekly urine tests
regular drug counseling
monthly video appointments with a mental health consultant
meet twice a week with Tuscaloosa police for gun safety education
20 hours of community service
26 hours of ride-along service with the Northport Police Department
21 days in a drug rehab program
charges were dropped (miraculously)

Dawgowar
05-05-2018, 07:46 PM

What's the big deal. Not like he got tanked up and pissed in a bush or something. Joe should respond with "In the state of Mississippi we do not worry about serious violations until they exceed 21. Anything short of that will result in, oh, slightly warm ice cream after steak night and a ridiculously low number of visits to the the Powerade cooler in the Bryan Center."

msbulldog
05-05-2018, 07:51 PM
suspended indefinitely
weekly urine tests
regular drug counseling

BS!

BeardoMSU
05-05-2018, 08:09 PM
suspended indefinitely
weekly urine tests
regular drug counseling

https://media.giphy.com/media/zP8xzl4QNAW8U/giphy.gif

TUSK
05-05-2018, 09:38 PM
BS!

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/heres-how-alabama-is-punishing-cam-robinson-and-hootie-jones-after-arrests/

BeardoMSU
05-05-2018, 09:59 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/heres-how-alabama-is-punishing-cam-robinson-and-hootie-jones-after-arrests/

...and famous actors and actresses can have body doubles for nude scenes in films**

TUSK
05-05-2018, 10:10 PM
...and famous actors and actresses can have body doubles for nude scenes in films**

heehee,,, NICE....

msbulldog
05-06-2018, 06:02 AM

My apologies.

Bully13
05-06-2018, 12:06 PM
My apologies.

No apologies needed. What's reported is not always how things really went down.

TUSK
05-06-2018, 12:43 PM
My apologies.

Not necessary my friend... prolly half of that stuff was window dressing, anyway...

My point was that "something" was done...

we cool!

mstatefan91
05-07-2018, 01:08 AM
What's the big deal. Not like he got tanked up and pissed in a bush or something. Joe should respond with "In the state of Mississippi we do not worry about serious violations until they exceed 21. Anything short of that will result in, oh, slightly warm ice cream after steak night and a ridiculously low number of visits to the the Powerade cooler in the Bryan Center."

Did you piss in a bush and get arrested??