PDA

View Full Version : May the 4th be with you.

Lord McBuckethead
05-04-2018, 10:30 AM
Alright, its Star Wars day.

Fill out the following:
1. Name the top Star Wars movie in our opinion.
2. Worst Character other than Jar Jar
3. Best Character other than Luke
4. Best story line yet to be told in the Star Wars Universe
5. Worst Scene

Lord McBuckethead
05-04-2018, 10:33 AM
1. Empire Strikes Back
2. Young Anakin
3. Obviously Darth Vader, but other than that I am going with Darth Maul
4. Vader hunting down and killing all the jedi after episode 3 before episode 4.
5. Anything with Anakin and Padme on the planet with the lake.

BeardoMSU
05-04-2018, 10:36 AM
1. Empire
2. Watto
3. Yoda (easy)
4. Early Yoda story
5. Pretty much all of the Prequels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9t-slLl30E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RySHDUU2juM

MetEdDawg
05-04-2018, 10:44 AM
1. Empire Strikes Back
2. Finn. I hate his character. He seems like some random dude that just uses a lightsaber with no training or anything. His character has never fit with me.
3. Yoda was always my favorite. Dooku fight scene was good and his Luke Skywalker stuff on Dagoba was good too. Same for his scene with Palpatine in the senate hall.
4. Loved the fight scene at the end of Episode 3 between Anakin and Obi Wan
5. Can't argue with your number 5. Those scenes sucked

In honor of this day, here's the Undercover Boss of Kylo Ren on the Starkiller Base. If you've never seen this you have to watch it. Hilarious. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaOSCASqLsE

BuckyIsAB****
05-04-2018, 10:46 AM
Alright, its Star Wars day.

Fill out the following:
1. Name the top Star Wars movie in our opinion.
2. Worst Character other than Jar Jar
3. Best Character other than Luke
4. Best story line yet to be told in the Star Wars Universe
5. Worst Scene

1. Empire Strikes Back
2. Rose from The Last Jedi
3. Darth Vader
4. Darth Vader hunting down and killing the rest of the jedi after ep 3
5. The singing part in Return of the Jedi

BeardoMSU
05-04-2018, 10:51 AM
5. The singing part in Return of the Jedi

See, I like the original....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1sF9veTzuU

but this version, added during the 1997 re-releases, is absolutely atrocious....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jzZOgLH4KU

Most kids have never even seen the original versions of the movies. The only way you can is on the originally released VHS...all the dvds and blurays are updated version.

BuckyIsAB****
05-04-2018, 10:55 AM
See, I like the original....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1sF9veTzuU

but this version, added during the 1997 re-releases, is absolutely atrocious....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jzZOgLH4KU

Most kids have never even seen the original versions of the movies. The only way you can is on the originally released VHS...all the dvds and blurays are updated version.

I guess the original isnt abysmal but it still had no business being a sing and dance number. Just show her pissing Jabba off and him dropping her thru the floor.

We dont need the sing and dance deal in Star Wars

BeardoMSU
05-04-2018, 10:59 AM
I guess the original isnt abysmal but it still had no business being a sing and dance number. Just show her pissing Jabba off and him dropping her thru the floor.

We dont need the sing and dance deal in Star Wars

Don't know how many clubs you've been to, but strippers usually dance to music***

VandelayIndustries
05-04-2018, 11:05 AM
1. Empire
2. Rose
3. Han
4. I would love a Vader hunting down Jedi's movie
5. "I don't like sand. It's course, and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere" A close second would be the entire movie of The Last Jedi

BrunswickDawg
05-04-2018, 11:08 AM
My favorite Star Wars Character

Brave 3:
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51Xsr0GVUsL.jpg

Prediction? Pain.
05-04-2018, 11:27 AM
1. Episode IV

2. Young Anakin by a mile

3. Torn between Vader and Yoda

4. I'm not one of "those" guys, but I'm tempted to throw down the gauntlet and say Luke's "real" story post-Jedi, not the malarkey that the Last Jedi fed us. But I'll go with post post-prequel, pre-Episode IV Vader stuff. (We're talking untold in the movies, right? Because aren't there tomes upon tomes of novels and comics about pretty much everything at this point?)

5. Probably 3/4 of the scenes in each of the prequels are utter garbage. Hard to choose. Oh, and 95% of the new crap Lucas added to the originals in the early 2000s is a crime against humanity. Tied for the worst among those are the new Jabba dance scene and the Live at Budokan Extended Cut of the Ewok party in Return of the Jedi.

BrunswickDawg
05-04-2018, 01:02 PM
1. Episode IV

2. Young Anakin by a mile

3. Torn between Vader and Yoda

4. I'm not one of "those" guys, but I'm tempted to throw down the gauntlet and say Luke's "real" story post-Jedi, not the malarkey that the Last Jedi fed us. But I'll go with post post-prequel, pre-Episode IV Vader stuff. (We're talking untold in the movies, right? Because aren't there tomes upon tomes of novels and comics about pretty much everything at this point?)

5. Probably 3/4 of the scenes in each of the prequels are utter garbage. Hard to choose. Oh, and 95% of the new crap Lucas added to the originals in the early 2000s is a crime against humanity. Tied for the worst among those are the new Jabba dance scene and the Live at Budokan Extended Cut of the Ewok party in Return of the Jedi.

I'd give you rep for the Cheap Trick reference, but I apparently I have already given you too much.

Vandownbytheriver
05-04-2018, 01:13 PM
1. Empire. After that I like the Rogue One story. Nice little transition from 3 to 4.
2. Snoke
3. Lando
4. I'd like to see the origins of Ren and the rise of the Sith after 6.
5. Podrace scene

Mjoelner34
05-04-2018, 02:09 PM
1. Rogue 1
2. Young Anakin, 20's Anakin (both actors sucked), Finn (as someone else said, a forced, useless character)
3. Han
4. Following canon I would say the trilogy of Grand Admiral Thrawn.
5. Anything and everything with Ewoks. Absolutely ruined the whole movie. Midgets in teddy bear costumes with slingshots and bow and arrows can take out stormtroopers that have driven the well-armed rebellion into seclusion? There's science fiction then there's science bullshit. Ewoks are the latter.

Prediction? Pain.
05-04-2018, 02:32 PM
I'd give you rep for the Cheap Trick reference, but I apparently I have already given you too much.

Well then rep for you for getting the Budokan joke (though Bob Dylan would've also been an acceptable association).

Also, am I the only one who is just now seeing this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6XERmXsP-U

That's solid gold.

Lord McBuckethead
05-04-2018, 04:32 PM
My order of star wars movies goes like this

1. Empire
2. New Hope - Because it started the whole thing.
3. Force Awakens - It was like coming home.
4. Rogue One - Pretty good movie all in all. Scariff fight was pretty good.
5. Return of the Jedi - Darth returns to the light.
6. Return of the Sith - Final fight scenes were pretty good, except the flying on lava robots part.
7. Last Jedi - Not a big fan on how this turned out. Luke was theoried to be the strongest Jedi of all time, then he just turned out to be a punk.
8. Solo - Sight Unseen but it has to be better than....
9. Attack of the Clones
10. Phantom Menace - Although Maul's real story would have made an extended version of this better.

Todd4State
05-04-2018, 11:54 PM
1. Episode four. I like the fact that it started it all and the trench run scene is my favorite scene in the entire franchise.

2. Captain Phasma. I'm assuming that she's dead for now. She had a lot of promise to be a badass but all she did is get her ass kicked.

3. Han Solo. He's the guy all of the Star Wars nerds want to be.

4. Wedge Antilles. This is the guy that survived the run on the Death Star in Episode four, the Battle of Hoth, and then along with Lando destroyed the Death Star in Return of the Jedi. He HAS TO BE one of the best pilots in the galaxy. But yet, what do we really know about him?

5. Worst scene HAS TO BE the Anakin and Padame rolling through the fields riding some space hippo/pig. It looked like a love scene written by someone that has never had a girlfriend before and it felt really clingy and awkward. I felt like I was watching two teenagers at the mall. But in space.

BeardoMSU
05-05-2018, 06:53 AM
It looked like a love scene written by someone that has never had a girlfriend before

Ding. Ding. Ding.

http://i.imgur.com/4hMh3AS.jpg

Matty Dispatch
05-08-2018, 09:35 AM
1. a new hope
2. the blue guy with butterfly wings who owns anakin in the first movie
3. Chewy
4. how much do light sabers cost?
5. all the ones with cringe-worthy acting

George Lucas came up with this great concept but his execution was off on 50% of Star Wars. He thought of it as a kid's movie so the bad acting and stupid scenes aren't a big deal. Imagine if the entire story was told through episodic television. 5 seasons x 10 episodes of adult entertainment, re-done to make them good and more interesting. Season 1: episodes 1-3. Season 2: Rogue One, Solo, Vader purging Jedi and Episode 4. Season 3: Episode 5-6. Season 4-5: Episodes 7-9. That would make for some high sci-fi drama, each in one hour nuggets.

Political Hack
05-10-2018, 09:32 AM
1. Empire, but Rogue One is really close. I liked the last one more than most people too.

2. Jar Jar's entire family, young Ani, adolescent Ani, Mace Windu during any sword fight.

3. Solo

4. Solo's smuggling days.

5. The battle scenes in episode 1 were bad. The assault on the castle and the battle in the big field were both crap. Also, when N-Sync (or whoever it was) started throwing around light sabers with about 100 extras it got sloppy. The aerial views of that battle were bad.

Tbonewannabe
05-10-2018, 01:43 PM
1. Return of the Jedi and Rogue One. I probably look more favorably on Return because that is one of the first movies that I saw in the theater. It was also the first time that Jedi actually looked badass. Rogue One is the best of the new movies.

2. Everyone on Tatooine from the Phantom Menace. Little Ani was annoying and the poor kid can never live that down. Lucas should have to pay for all of his therapy for life.

3. Boba Fett - the real one from the Expanded Universe, not the crap we got in Return. Also Chewie.

4. Expanded universe Boba Fett. He is such a badass that he crawled out of the sarlach pit and then still kicked ass.

5. As many cringe worthy moments there are, the riding space hippos in a field on Naboo is the worst. It is followed by Finn being able to hold his own for the most part with Kylo Ren and Rey just basically being as badass as Luke was a couple of days of figuring out she has the force. They have made her as badass as Anakin pretty much without any training and of course Anakin's dad is the 17ing force. Unless we want to discount the entire midichlorian count thing measuring how strong in the force you are.