PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Kermit beat out......

Pit Bull
05-04-2018, 02:53 AM
....home state GA and GATech, plus Auburn, for a 6'10" 4-Star PF from Georgia. Last name Howard, I think? Guess Kermit has been well acquainted with the network. He starts taking 5-Star players from Calipari, then he may end up finding himself in a similar position as Freezus!

whosyourdawgy
05-04-2018, 06:20 AM
Kermit has always recruited well. Nothing new there.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-04-2018, 06:21 AM
Ga Tech nor Auburn had offered & it was the old UGA staff who offered. Kid may turn out to be great but he was headed to MTSU before Kermit got the OM job.

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Rodney-Howard-111247/RecruitInterests

Ifyouonlyknew
05-04-2018, 06:29 AM

Ehh not really. His last 10 classes at MTSU he never finished higher than 3rd recruiting wise in C-USA. He's had timely transfers & hit on some Juco guys. Truth is recruiting hasn't been that much different than AK. He just tries a little harder. He'll have more success recruiting than AK just because of effort.

somebodyshotmypaw
05-04-2018, 06:39 AM
Kermit is no Freeze. Freeze is/was a piece of crap in every facet of life. He cheated and lied personally and professionally. And he used to Christianity to attempt to mask it. If you post a few Bible verses to twitter, it is then okay to cut someone's throat. Kermit is out working just like Howland and staff.

Ari Gold
05-04-2018, 08:02 AM
Ehh not really. His last 10 classes at MTSU he never finished higher than 3rd recruiting wise in C-USA. He's had timely transfers & hit on some Juco guys. Truth is recruiting hasn't been that much different than AK. He just tries a little harder. He'll have more success recruiting than AK just because of effort.

And to add Umiss gives 0 ****s about hoops. At least not enough to move the dial when it comes to recruiting and support given the way you need it.
And I’m not sure he will recruit that much better than AK. I’m guessing it’s the same formula AK used. Jucos, transfers and a couple of high school kids here and there.
When it comes to X and O he will be better.

drummerdawg
05-04-2018, 08:48 AM
And to add Umiss gives 0 ****s about hoops. At least not enough to move the dial when it comes to recruiting and support given the way you need it.
And I’m not sure he will recruit that much better than AK. I’m guessing it’s the same formula AK used. Jucos, transfers and a couple of high school kids here and there.
When it comes to X and O he will be better.

Idk, AK was pretty good at Xs and Os, he just couldn't recruit.

Big4Dawg
05-04-2018, 09:13 AM
I'm very confused on why/how he is a 4* on 247's composite.

He's a 3* on rivals - https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2019/rodney-howard-208914?guccounter=1
Unranked on 247 - https://247sports.com/Player/Rodney-Howard-46047842
Can't find him on ESPN
Scout is no more.

What other sites could they be using?

Johnson85
05-04-2018, 09:50 AM
Idk, AK was pretty good at Xs and Os, he just couldn't recruit.

I think AK's x's and o's were always limited by him always having to use stop-gaps to fill in his line-ups. There's only so much you can do when a lot of your major contributors are only there for a year or two. Smart players who have been well coached in the past can pretty easily pick up what your teaching them. But that's probably not usually accurate when describing a lot of transfers and JUCOs.

Quaoarsking
05-04-2018, 10:50 AM

Yeah, that's why he resigned in disgrace from Texas A&M and took over 25 years to get another major conference job.