PDA

View Full Version : yall dig on this...

TUSK
05-03-2018, 01:36 AM
I'm a "boat" owner....

this aqua sled shall be the bane of catfish existence... once employed in full force (with yall's heppin') said catfishes will likely have a poster of my face in their post office... (do catfishes get the mail?)

anywho, without further ado... TUSK presents to you:

Pour Decisions (that's my boat's name)

Specs:
9.4' Water Tender
Rated for:
5HP Motor
3 peeps at 354 peep pounds
OR 439# gross (peeps, equipment, motor, beer, cat whiskey/weed/meth, Bammer memorabilia, etc)

I'm not a boat afficiando (nor can I spell it), but my interrogatives are simple...

1) I wanna deck the aft and bow portions of the vessel... just enough decking to put on some pedestal seats (cuz I'm like gettin' old and lazy)... I've calculated the increased load factor of my design with scrap construction materials and it's minimal... additionally, I've NO plans to drill into or otherwise alter the structure of the boat...

2) I'm planning to power "Pour Decisions" via a deep cell Marine Battery that I already own and a 30# (possibly a 50#) trolling motor that my buddy/neighbor/bidness partner is willing to donate to the cause...

3) My primary AO will be ponds (1-2 acres), lakes (up to 15-30 acres) and the Tombigbee Waterway (if safe)...

4) My target species and methods will be noodle jugging for catfish, but I'd like the boat to be "bass/crappie" compatible...

I'd welcome any and all suggestions, thoughts, etc... ESPECIALLY the decking issue and ideas re: pedestal seats, in addition to: proper battery maintenance, live well (bait - shad), stripper pole installation...

Thanks, fellas...

BeastMan
05-03-2018, 08:21 PM
First off, love the name Pour Decisions. Best boat name ever. I'm not much help on the decking but the higher you put the pedestal seating the more unstable a small boat can get. For example, 2 200lb + dudes sitting high on pedestals leaning the same direction would probably give that boat more tilt than you like. I'm not boat engineer so I could be wrong on that. You could also mount some stadium seats to the benches or just regular boats seats and it would be comfortable but wouldn't sit as high. I fish from a kayak boat seat that is more akin to a lawn chair and it's comfortable as hell. I would get the 50lb thrust trolling motor if you could. A 30 will get the job done but a full load and some wind and youd have to run that joker on 4 to 5 to get moving. Should be a cool project and you'll have fun with it.

TUSK
05-03-2018, 11:00 PM
First off, love the name Pour Decisions. Best boat name ever. I'm not much help on the decking but the higher you put the pedestal seating the more unstable a small boat can get. For example, 2 200lb + dudes sitting high on pedestals leaning the same direction would probably give that boat more tilt than you like. I'm not boat engineer so I could be wrong on that. You could also mount some stadium seats to the benches or just regular boats seats and it would be comfortable but wouldn't sit as high. I fish from a kayak boat seat that is more akin to a lawn chair and it's comfortable as hell. I would get the 50lb thrust trolling motor if you could. A 30 will get the job done but a full load and some wind and youd have to run that joker on 4 to 5 to get moving. Should be a cool project and you'll have fun with it.

Thanks, buddy... I will add this to the dB... thanks for your thoughts...