PDA

View Full Version : Lonestar Showdown

BuckyIsAB****
05-02-2018, 10:29 PM
The Tennessee vs Bama talk got me to thinking, why in the hell has it taken so long for UT and A&M to play each other again? They should play each other every year and the fact that they havent bc of stupid egos amongst rich white folk is crazy. (Im white so dont take this down that road.) One of the biggest and best rivalries in CFB. Shame that it isnt back yet.

Yalls thoughts?

1bigdawg
05-02-2018, 10:39 PM
The Tennessee vs Bama talk got me to thinking, why in the hell has it taken so long for UT and A&M to play each other again? They should play each other every year and the fact that they havent bc of stupid egos amongst rich white folk is crazy. (Im white so dont take this down that road.) One of the biggest and best rivalries in CFB. Shame that it isnt back yet.

Yalls thoughts?

When A&M joined the SEC, UT acted all snobby about it and said they would not stoop to dignify playing them again. Then UT went off the rails and A&M started getting more ratings, publicity and students, UT said, "Hey guys, we like to play now." Now A&M is going, "We are in the SEC' what to we have to gain."

BuckyIsAB****
05-02-2018, 10:43 PM
When A&M joined the SEC, UT acted all snobby about it and said they would not stoop to dignify playing them again. Then UT went off the rails and A&M started getting more ratings, publicity and students, UT said, "Hey guys, we like to play now." Now A&M is going, "We are in the SEC' what to we have to gain."

Just goes to show how stupid TX can be. And I love the state of Texas but they have too much Texas in them if that makes sense.

UF and FSU didnt have this happen, neither did UGA and GT. USCe and Clemson still play. Time for both of them to nut up and play

Offshore Dawg
05-03-2018, 06:23 AM
Just goes to show how stupid TX can be. And I love the state of Texas but they have too much Texas in them if that makes sense.

UF and FSU didnt have this happen, neither did UGA and GT. USCe and Clemson still play. Time for both of them to nut up and play

In Texas you have Billionaires in a dick measuring contest

Todd4State
05-03-2018, 07:54 AM
I read an article about the series being picked up again when I was in Texas for the A&M game. I bet it starts back in 5-10 years.

sleepy dawg
05-03-2018, 09:50 AM
Texas could easily be one of the top programs in the country still if they weren't so damn cocky. They thought they were bigger than the game. They are the reason the Big12 has dropped so significantly.
If I was A&M, I wouldn't play them. Texas needs this game right now a lot more than A&M.

AusTexDawg
05-03-2018, 10:27 AM
Per Texas AD DeLoss Dodds: "They left," Dodds said of A&M, which left the Big 12 and joined the SEC in 2012. "They're the ones that decided not to play us. We get to decide when we play again." While the current Texas AD is much less of a tool than Dodds, this is classic Longhorn attitude. I love Austin, but the unbelievable sense of entitlement in the Longhorns' Athletics Department and fanbase makes that difficult at times.

From the A&M side, they have a strong case of "little brother." If you go on TexAgs, there are innumerable posts about how they no longer care about the Longhorns, but yet they still talk about them all the time. The rivalry wasn't exactly in their favor either - maybe some of us wouldn't mind taking a break from Alabama or LSU for a while***

On a practical level, A&M probably doesn't want another hard game on the schedule that includes their SEC West schedule. Texas has been scheduling teams like Notre Dame, Southern Cal and LSU and probably doesn't want to use that Power 5 non-conference slot on a game that, in their mind, provides less national exposure (nevermind that they A&M-Texas game was almost always the marquee college game on Thanksgiving when it wasn't the Egg Bowl).

Some fans on both sides seem to think that the higher ups want the renewal of the football rivalry to come in a big bowl game (at least one bigger than the Texas or Liberty bowls) and won't consider scheduling a home and home with A&M before then. The fact that both teams have been giving up a home game every other year by playing conference teams at neutral sites probably makes it less appealing, too (but I'd hate to see the Red River Shootout in Dallas go away, either). It's a shame this series hasn't been renewed.

"You can gig'em, you can hook 'em, one thing will never change: when your eyes are closed and you're in the dark, the colors are all the same..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmZNmkklpRY

BuckyIsAB****
05-03-2018, 10:59 AM
Per Texas AD DeLoss Dodds: "They left," Dodds said of A&M, which left the Big 12 and joined the SEC in 2012. "They're the ones that decided not to play us. We get to decide when we play again." While the current Texas AD is much less of a tool than Dodds, this is classic Longhorn attitude. I love Austin, but the unbelievable sense of entitlement in the Longhorns' Athletics Department and fanbase makes that difficult at times.

From the A&M side, they have a strong case of "little brother." If you go on TexAgs, there are innumerable posts about how they no longer care about the Longhorns, but yet they still talk about them all the time. The rivalry wasn't exactly in their favor either - maybe some of us wouldn't mind taking a break from Alabama or LSU for a while***

On a practical level, A&M probably doesn't want another hard game on the schedule that includes their SEC West schedule. Texas has been scheduling teams like Notre Dame, Southern Cal and LSU and probably doesn't want to use that Power 5 non-conference slot on a game that, in their mind, provides less national exposure (nevermind that they A&M-Texas game was almost always the marquee college game on Thanksgiving when it wasn't the Egg Bowl).

Some fans on both sides seem to think that the higher ups want the renewal of the football rivalry to come in a big bowl game (at least one bigger than the Texas or Liberty bowls) and won't consider scheduling a home and home with A&M before then. The fact that both teams have been giving up a home game every other year by playing conference teams at neutral sites probably makes it less appealing, too (but I'd hate to see the Red River Shootout in Dallas go away, either). It's a shame this series hasn't been renewed.

"You can gig'em, you can hook 'em, one thing will never change: when your eyes are closed and you're in the dark, the colors are all the same..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmZNmkklpRY

I blame the teasips

AusTexDawg
05-03-2018, 12:30 PM
I blame the teasips

They definitely seemed to be motivated purely by spite in this situation.