PDA

View Full Version : NCAA: Did! OM: Did not! NCAA: Did too! OM: Did not! Rebuttals released...

MedDawg
05-02-2018, 05:28 PM
http://athleticsworking.wp2.olemiss.edu/

BeastMan
05-02-2018, 05:49 PM
You couldn’t pay me to read that

MaroonFlounder
05-02-2018, 05:51 PM
Who is rumored to be the John Doe Shart? And the woman that was helping him out? What is her name?

msstate7
05-02-2018, 05:55 PM
Anyone care to give cliff notes?

Bulldog1
05-02-2018, 06:02 PM
Yea, I'm not reading through all that. Hope someone gives us some quick notes on here.

BeardoMSU
05-02-2018, 06:05 PM
Anyone care to give cliff notes?

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/wdyb.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG3dfwEkGos

SailingDawg
05-02-2018, 06:07 PM
The title of the thread is likely the best summary.

phatdog
05-02-2018, 08:06 PM
All that is important:

CONCLUSION
This Committee should affirm the findings of
facts, violations and penalties.

Respectfully submitted by, NCAA DivisionI Committee on Infractions

Schultzy
05-02-2018, 09:17 PM
“when three individuals who were
unacquainted visited the booster's retail store at different times and store employees
provided them and/or friends and family with items free-of-charge.”

“unacquainted”

Schultzy
05-02-2018, 10:11 PM
NCAA Division I Committee on Infractions
Response to University of Mississippi Appeal
University of Mississippi - Case No. 00561
April 11, 2018
Page No.6
panel issued its infractions decision on December 1, 2017, and the institution filed a timely
appeal.
Factual Statement
The violations that led to this case began in the spring and summer of 2010. Two
football staff members orchestrated a scheme to attain fraudulent standardized tests scores for
three (School redacted) prospects who had committed to play football at Mississippi but had not yet
achieved qualifying standardized tests scores. The two football staff members directed the
prospects to re-take their standardized tests at a Mississippi location hundreds of miles from their
homes and to leave blank the answers to questions they did not know. The staff members knew
the test supervisor at the location. The test scores for all three prospects increased dramatically.
Two of the three did not complete their tests, but their answer sheets were later found to be filled
in completely. One of the prospects' answer sheets contained multiple erasures and changed
answers? FI6.

Token Bammer
05-02-2018, 11:00 PM
April 11, 2018
Page No.6
panel issued its infractions decision on December 1, 2017, and the institution filed a timely
appeal.
Factual Statement
The violations that led to this case began in the spring and summer of 2010. Two
football staff members orchestrated a scheme to attain fraudulent standardized tests scores for
three (School redacted) prospects who had committed to play football at Mississippi but had not yet
achieved qualifying standardized tests scores. The two football staff members directed the
prospects to re-take their standardized tests at a Mississippi location hundreds of miles from their
homes and to leave blank the answers to questions they did not know. The staff members knew
the test supervisor at the location. The test scores for all three prospects increased dramatically.
Two of the three did not complete their tests, but their answer sheets were later found to be filled
in completely. One of the prospects' answer sheets contained multiple erasures and changed
answers? FI6.

This alone should have buried the program.

"Two football staff members" and academic fraud. Dunzo. Should have leveled the grove. NCAA are some straight wusses.

Bdawg
05-02-2018, 11:22 PM
I skimmed through a lot of it. Basically, they not over turning anything. RR gave away free stuff. Leo was credible and took some OM booster to the woodshed for 10 grand right before signing day(freaking hilarious). Dude tried to contact him and get his money back!!! Ha ha ha. Boosters out of control. Assistant coaches out of control. And COI had every right and reason to levy the penalties they did and for the length of time they did. That's what my smimming got me anyway.

ShotgunDawg
05-02-2018, 11:25 PM
April 11, 2018
Page No.6
appeal.
Factual Statement
answers? FI6.

How the 17 did they not get more scholarship reductions for this?

I don't understand

Todd4State
05-03-2018, 12:55 AM
This alone should have buried the program.

"Two football staff members" and academic fraud. Dunzo. Should have leveled the grove. NCAA are some straight wusses.

I'm guessing that the two staff members are Saunders and Barney Farrar.

MadDawg
05-03-2018, 10:39 AM

I don't understand

Because the NCAA is a 17ing joke.

Token Bammer
05-03-2018, 11:15 AM
Because the NCAA is a 17ing joke.

That's all there is to be said. The NCAA needs to go away. They have rendered themselves useless to college football.

shannondawg
05-03-2018, 05:19 PM
Anybody got cliff notes on this crap? I can't get my head around reading this stuff.

biggun
05-03-2018, 06:06 PM
In a Nutt shell, The committee rejected the Rebels claim that Leo was not credible, while confirming that they deserve the “lack of institutional control” that they were slapped with thus reduction of unofficial visits, etc., stands.

Mississippi’s Appeal - DENIED

sandwolf
05-04-2018, 12:28 AM

I don't understand

The only thing I can figure is that the committee had a bunch of academic types that didn't like the idea of eliminating any more scholarship opportunities than they had to, so they went light on scholly reductions and tried to make up for it in other areas (like the unofficial visit restriction).....so the goal would have been to substantially hamstring OM's ability to effectively recruit without preventing another 12-15 kids from getting full scholarships to go to college.

Whatever their reasoning was, if the goal was to send a message that cheating wasn't worth the risk, they completely dropped the ball. I was stunned when I saw that they only lost 13.....I always knew that the talk about them losing 35-40 was a complete pipe dream, but I would have bet serious money that they would lose at least 20.

MedDawg
05-04-2018, 09:28 AM
April 11, 2018
Page No.6
appeal.
Factual Statement
answers? FI6.

David Saunders, who now has an 8-year show cause, was the frontrunner for this academic fraud in 2010. Saunders just happened to be Cutcliffe's recruiting coordinator for four years (1998-2002) and was also a coach at OM under Orgeron and Freeze in 2006. Saunders alleged accomplice in the ACT fraud was Ginny Crager, who coincidentally was instrumental in getting Jerrell Powe eligible around 2006. So did Saunders just decide to start cheating on his third go-around with OM in 2010? Or had he been cheating for them each time? And OM's rebuttal wonders how the NCAA could use OM's probations in 1985 and 1994 to accuse them of establishing a (cheating) culture that 'existed at Mississippi literally for decades'.

Token Bammer
05-04-2018, 12:07 PM
The only thing I can figure is that the committee had a bunch of academic types that didn't like the idea of eliminating any more scholarship opportunities than they had to, so they went light on scholly reductions and tried to make up for it in other areas (like the unofficial visit restriction).....so the goal would have been to substantially hamstring OM's ability to effectively recruit without preventing another 12-15 kids from getting full scholarships to go to college.

Whatever their reasoning was, if the goal was to send a message that cheating wasn't worth the risk, they completely dropped the ball. I was stunned when I saw that they only lost 13.....I always knew that the talk about them losing 35-40 was a complete pipe dream, but I would have bet serious money that they would lose at least 20.

Well, it would be a real honor to go to school at a place with the academic standards of Ole Miss. I could hang my diploma on the wall right next to my Auburn sociology degree I picked up at Wendy's.

TUSK
05-04-2018, 12:50 PM
Well, it would be a real honor to go to school at a place with the academic standards of Ole Miss. I could hang my diploma on the wall right next to my Auburn sociology degree I picked up at Wendy's.

Damn, a Bammer with a degree??? That's like a magical, golden unicorn that poops bearer bonds!

Token Bammer
05-04-2018, 03:22 PM
Damn, a Bammer with a degree??? That's like a magical, golden unicorn that poops bearer bonds!

You know we Bammers ain't got no education. It's a degree from..... aubum.....Wendy's. I acquired mine in a double with cheese combo.

Mimi's Babies
05-05-2018, 10:08 AM
I'm guessing that the two staff members are Saunders and Barney Farrar.

And Farrar is now in Jones County aka "Free State of Jones County"
... Omg... look out...

Keep your eyes opened to see how many OM 'graduated' with a General Science degree.... Faux degree at best.