PDA

View Full Version : Malik Heath

confucius say
05-01-2018, 09:48 AM
When will we know if he is going to make it to campus for the 2018 season?

Jack Lambert
05-01-2018, 11:17 AM
If he signed with Ole Miss he be there now.

What about the kid from Pearl?

Ari Gold
05-01-2018, 07:49 PM
If he signed with Ole Miss he be there now.

What about the kid from Pearl?

No he wouldn’t.. Patterson is heading to Juco unless something drastic happens.

Hambone
05-01-2018, 08:47 PM
He’ll be one that we are waiting on up until the cut off for fall classes and then it’ll be announced he’s going to JUCO

Pit Bull
05-01-2018, 09:41 PM
When will we know if he is going to make it to campus for the 2018 season?

I'm starting to think Austin Williams may be our best and most reliable receiver for the coming fall. Seems like Guidry's mind may not be right and Heath won't get here until August, so he will be behind in the playbook and in practicing at a higher level. Maybe Reggie Todd, O. Mitchell, J. Jackson, or Devonte Jason will step up and do something. Jamal Couch is decent, but cannot stretch the field.....hopefully Deddrick Thomas can separate into some deep routes....but for whatever reason hasn't been a difference maker yet.

tcdog70
05-01-2018, 09:52 PM
I'm starting to think Austin Williams may be our best and most reliable receiver for the coming fall. Seems like Guidry's mind may not be right and Heath won't get here until August, so he will be behind in the playbook and in practicing at a higher level. Maybe Reggie Todd, O. Mitchell, J. Jackson, or Devonte Jason will step up and do something. Jamal Couch is decent, but cannot stretch the field.....hopefully Deddrick Thomas can separate into some deep routes....but for whatever reason hasn't been a difference maker yet.

Don't forget Deere

SmokeyDawg
05-01-2018, 10:05 PM

We don't need world beaters at any wr position. It would be nice but all we need is solid niche guys. Austin is a good tough possession receiver. We have a couple slot guys that can make things happen. We have some TE that can fill a niche all we need is a deep threat and hopefully someone emerges there. Having niche guys will at least teams respect our passing game

somebodyshotmypaw
05-01-2018, 11:16 PM
Austin Williams looks great, practices great, and catches the dang ball. Whop has tons of potential. I really think he will emerge more as the season wears on. Thomas, Mixon, and Dear can perform well in certain spots. Couch and Mitchell look the part, but I'm assuming they won't get it done. I hope they prove me wrong. Todd can get open, but can he catch it? Jesse Jackson works hard but is very limited. Guidry is the wild card that can make this whole thing better.

To be honest, Austin Williams and Whop are the future at this position. Can Heath join in the fun?

Bully13
05-02-2018, 06:55 AM
Did Guidry come back and participate in spring practice? if so, how did he do?

Ari Gold
05-02-2018, 10:16 AM
Did Guidry come back and participate in spring practice? if so, how did he do?

Guidry was there at all times during the spring. He missed a day or 2 and that sutuation was resolved
He is still recovering from a minor injury.
He will be fine and will play a HUGE roll this season. Very talented

BuckyIsAB****
05-02-2018, 10:49 AM
Thomas, Mixon, and Dear have all proven they can play in this league. But is it enough to get us where we want to go? I dont think so.

We dont have to be great but we cant be so bad that defenses dont respect it. Williams is good and was good all spring. Dont expect him to fall off. As said Guidry is a wild card but I think he is a gamer and he will be ok. J Jackson is a solid player, hard worker, he will help us, but he hasnt had the same explosiveness he had at Petal since he tore his knee. Todd and Couch are frustrating but I think both of them will always be what they are now. Teases. Mitchell looked good at times but he really hasnt had enough live bullets thrown at him to know. Looked good vs Bama. Whop and Williams are good now, we need one of them to be a difference maker to get to ATL.

Justin Johnson, Farrod Green, and Dontea Thomas have to give us something. I think they will. We know Green and Johnson can play. Thomas looks like a million bucks but hes kinda like Mitchell. Hasnt seen enough game reps to know. TEs could make or break us if the WRs disappoint.

I wouldnt hold my breath on heath. Just judging from our past, I have no knowledge of the situation.

Todd4State
05-02-2018, 11:03 AM
If it's what it sounds like it is I bet it's just a matter of him taking whatever classes over to get in. It sucks for him.

05-02-2018, 11:21 AM
Whop is the WR who is going to make the impact

JoseBrown
05-02-2018, 11:24 AM
From all I've seen it appears a situation of him getting enrolled, and then redshirting due to clearinghouse issues...but that's just me. As far as the rest of them, I think they will be fine and the playmakers will emerge. I think it's a much better system for the WR's, with much better WR coaching, new talented WR's and two QB's that can make all the throws(according to JoMo). I think we'll be pleasantly surprised in our passing game, and have a strong running game. The success or lack of success will come down to the precision, execution, decision making or what have you of the plays being made.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
05-02-2018, 11:30 AM
Don't forget Deere

John?

thf24
05-02-2018, 11:32 AM
From all I've seen it appears a situation of him getting enrolled, and then redshirting due to clearinghouse issues...but that's just me. As far as the rest of them, I think they will be fine and the playmakers will emerge. I think it's a much better system for the WR's, with much better WR coaching, new talented WR's and two QB's that can make all the throws(according to JoMo). I think we'll be pleasantly surprised in our passing game, and have a strong running game. The success or lack of success will come down to the precision, execution, decision making or what have you of the plays being made.

Can you still be with the team and practice after being denied by the clearinghouse? It seems like some of the guys we've had over the years who initially came to camp then went JUCO after being denied by the clearinghouse would have stayed and redshirted if that was an option.

msbulldog
05-02-2018, 12:19 PM
Can you still be with the team and practice after being denied by the clearinghouse? It seems like some of the guys we've had over the years who initially came to camp then went JUCO after being denied by the clearinghouse would have stayed and redshirted if that was an option.

That is not an option, you must get clearinghouse approval to participate in team activities.

BiscuitEater
05-03-2018, 04:33 AM
hopefully Deddrick Thomas can separate into some deep routes....but for whatever reason hasn't been a difference maker yet.

Was 4th on team in # of catches BUT led in TDs with 4.

HaggardDawg
05-03-2018, 08:28 AM
Was 4th on team in # of catches BUT led in TDs with 4.

Our TD leader at WR only had 4 TDs last year? Damn that's depressing.

louisvilledawg
05-03-2018, 08:35 AM
hopefully Deddrick Thomas can separate into some deep routes....but for whatever reason hasn't been a difference maker yet.

I just don't see Deddrick as a down the field threat at 5'9".