PDA

View Full Version : Credit where credit is due.

shannondawg
05-01-2018, 09:21 AM
I have become a real fan of Bart Gregory on the SEC+ broadcast baseball games. He is on point and has a really clear speaking voice and does not come over as a complete asshole homer like a lot of the play by play guys.

I actually turned the tv sound down on the game Sunday, I get so tired of all the constant dribble of the ESPN announces. I even watched the ole missy game, and that Ben McDonald ought to have to pay to be on those games.

Other than the loss of bandwidth on Hughes satellite network, and the sometime buffering, I really prefer to watch the SEC+ games over ESPN

shannondawg
05-02-2018, 06:43 AM
I must be 100% correct in my assessment as not nary a pro or con on this.

Zildjan
05-02-2018, 06:51 AM
I'm sure Bart is a great dude. There have, however, been several occasions (last weekend) where he and is sidekick were still giving their insightful critique of our hitter, the opposing pitcher's tendencies, and how the current situation might affect what we choose to do, while our hitter struck out looking before they ever even described what was actually happening. I suppose to me, it's more about what is actually happening rather than what might or could or should happen in a particular situation. Like I said, I'm sure he's a great dude, just tone down on the insight and call the game.

99jc
05-02-2018, 06:57 AM
Other than the loss of bandwidth on Hughes satellite network, and the sometime buffering, I really prefer to watch the SEC+ games over ESPN

I also have the hughesnet 5th generation and used to experience buffering all the time if I used Apple TV or streamed to my iPad. I bought a new laptop and I don't know what happened but I never get buffering on it even at reduced speeds. I just HDMI cable from laptop to tv.

Homedawg
05-02-2018, 10:00 AM
I'm sure Bart is a great dude. There have, however, been several occasions (last weekend) where he and is sidekick were still giving their insightful critique of our hitter, the opposing pitcher's tendencies, and how the current situation might affect what we choose to do, while our hitter struck out looking before they ever even described what was actually happening. I suppose to me, it's more about what is actually happening rather than what might or could or should happen in a particular situation. Like I said, I'm sure he's a great dude, just tone down on the insight and call the game.

It's tv not radio, you can see for yourself what happens. They are there to provide insight and i think he and Charlie both do a good job providing that. Matt, not so much. Clueless.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
05-02-2018, 10:17 AM
I agree on Bart and he beats the hell out of Jim Ellis

shannondawg
05-02-2018, 11:55 AM

I was gonna say that but was afraid I might get banned from the board.

MaroonFlounder
05-02-2018, 05:58 PM

I disagree. But to each his own.