PDA

View Full Version : Dabo gettin' paid....

TUSK
04-30-2018, 12:30 PM
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/08/dabo_swinney_gets_raise_contra.html?platform=hoots uite

"Swinney's new contract pays him $6 million this year, with raises to $6.2 million in 2018 and 2019, $6.3 million in 2020, $6.4 million in 2021, $6.5 million in 2022 and $6.6 million in 2023 and 2024. He also receives a $1.5 million signing bonus now, with completion bonuses of $1 million on March 1, 2019 and $700,000 on March 1, 2021."

Oh, and his Defensive Line is gonna be NASTY this fall.

Johnson85
04-30-2018, 02:45 PM
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/08/dabo_swinney_gets_raise_contra.html?platform=hoots uite

"Swinney's new contract pays him $6 million this year, with raises to $6.2 million in 2018 and 2019, $6.3 million in 2020, $6.4 million in 2021, $6.5 million in 2022 and $6.6 million in 2023 and 2024. He also receives a $1.5 million signing bonus now, with completion bonuses of $1 million on March 1, 2019 and $700,000 on March 1, 2021."

That's a year old. Still has what looks like roughly $46.5M left on the contract to be paid, so the point still stands. Not a bad 8 year run for sure.

Lance Harbor
04-30-2018, 02:59 PM
Clemson's defense could have 3 first rounders on the DL. Also, their QB roster is ridiculous.

Rick Danko
04-30-2018, 03:14 PM
Wasn?t this dude selling real estate or something a years ago before he started coaching? Or did I dream that

smootness
04-30-2018, 03:47 PM
Wasn?t this dude selling real estate or something a years ago before he started coaching? Or did I dream that

Technically he was a coach first. He was a GA and then an on-field coach at Alabama for 5-6 years and then was fired along with DuBose and his staff, then he went into commercial real estate for a couple years, then was hired at Clemson.

And Clemson could get four DL in the 1st round this year. I've seen multiple mock drafts predicting that. We'll see, but if our DL has a chance to be nasty, theirs will be outright disgusting.

Swinney is an incredible coach.

msbulldog
04-30-2018, 05:37 PM
Technically he was a coach first. He was a GA and then an on-field coach at Alabama for 5-6 years and then was fired along with DuBose and his staff, then he went into commercial real estate for a couple years, then was hired at Clemson.

And Clemson could get four DL in the 1st round this year. I've seen multiple mock drafts predicting that. We'll see, but if our DL has a chance to be nasty, theirs will be outright disgusting.

Swinney is an incredible coach.

I hope that's enough to convince Mr. Simmons to stay out for the 2019 season.

TUSK
04-30-2018, 09:20 PM
Dang, guys... sorry for an old report... I'd not seen it....

Still, that DL is gonna sodomize some folks...

Clemson and OSU have terrific talent...

Pit Bull
05-01-2018, 03:59 AM

Isn't Saban getting something like 7-8 mil per year?

TUSK
05-01-2018, 11:54 AM
Isn't Saban getting something like 7-8 mil per year?

Yep. Harbrough is #2, Dabo in at 3rd....

Token Bammer
05-01-2018, 02:39 PM
Yep. Harbrough is #2, Dabo in at 3rd....

Dabo has earned it. Good for him. Harbrough...lol.

TUSK
05-02-2018, 12:36 AM

Some coaches just aren't cut out for college FB, I reckon....****

Johnson85
05-02-2018, 10:18 AM

I really thought Harboourh was going to do well. Wonder how much of that is a reflection of it being difficult to win in Michigan versus him just not being elite at the college level.

TUSK
05-02-2018, 11:26 AM
I really thought Harboourh was going to do well. Wonder how much of that is a reflection of it being difficult to win in Michigan versus him just not being elite at the college level.

I think it's a combination of things... He seems really concerned with "optics" in some instances... He's had some bad luck... He's arrogant... And let's not forget he has to compete with Urban "Elizabeth, I'm comin' to join ya, Honey!" Meyer who has things ginning in Columbus... Heck, Dantonio and Franklin don't suck either...

This will be his 4th year, so he's still got a window of opportunity plus that rock star QB transfer... ;)

Token Bammer
05-02-2018, 03:03 PM
I think it's a combination of things... He seems really concerned with "optics" in some instances... He's had some bad luck... He's arrogant... And let's not forget he has to compete with Urban "Elizabeth, I'm comin' to join ya, Honey!" Meyer who has things ginning in Columbus... Heck, Dantonio and Franklin don't suck either...

This will be his 4th year, so he's still got a window of opportunity plus that rock star QB transfer... ;)

Meyer isn't too far from sending him his walking papers. He has to beat Ohio State. Has to.

Shea Shea is his best chance. The excuse has always been "he doesn't have a quarterback", and Shea will be the best he's had since arriving.

Johnson85
05-02-2018, 04:36 PM
Meyer isn't too far from sending him his walking papers. He has to beat Ohio State. Has to.

Shea Shea is his best chance. The excuse has always been "he doesn't have a quarterback", and Shea will be the best he's had since arriving.

I didn't see him play a ton, but Patterson just didn't look that great to me. Granted, he was basically a RS FR, but his JUCo transfer backup looked about the same to me. Looked like a solid QB to me who got bailed out by good wide receivers a lot and is going to have to unlearn some bad habits if he starts playing with a more typical receiving corp (of course he could also get a much better OL).

Token Bammer
05-02-2018, 06:31 PM
I didn't see him play a ton, but Patterson just didn't look that great to me. Granted, he was basically a RS FR, but his JUCo transfer backup looked about the same to me. Looked like a solid QB to me who got bailed out by good wide receivers a lot and is going to have to unlearn some bad habits if he starts playing with a more typical receiving corp (of course he could also get a much better OL).

I agree with every bit of your post. However, that being said, Shea will still be head and shoulders above what Harbrough has had in Ann Arbor.

Lance Harbor
05-02-2018, 06:37 PM
Michigan's O-line is nothing special. I think they gave up a ton of sacks last year.

Pit Bull
05-03-2018, 05:13 AM

Patterson is pretty good. Didn't have much protection at O.Miss and had to run for his life a lot.....which actually he was even better on the rollout or scrambling. Very fast. Decent height. Strong arm. Was the nation's #1 QB recruit when he came out. Only reason he went to the Rebs is because they bought off his brother earlier. He should have been at LSU.