PDA

View Full Version : I noticed a possible engineering miscalculation or construction mistake.....

Pit Bull
04-29-2018, 04:15 PM
....with our new stadium. And don't get me wrong, it's not that big of a deal. Sitting at the top row of a 15 row lower section, I noticed that a few rows around row# 8-5 seem to be at a considerably different slope than the ones above it and the rows below it. It almost looks like a wave. Even the hand rails down the middle of the aisle slope up significantly and then down again near the bottom. Kind of weird looking to tell you the truth. Most new stadiums.....all the rows have a nice even consistent slope. Here it almost looks like an earthquake occurred underneath these rows and pushed them up. Don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but if you happen to go to a game....take a look for yourself. Just a strange anomaly I suppose.

BrunswickDawg
04-29-2018, 04:40 PM
Those are probably the rows they kept in place from the old grandstand.

jacksondawg
04-29-2018, 04:47 PM

They are. They decided to keep those rows so that they didn't have to put new caissons in to anchor that part of the grandstands. It was an economical decision.

Pit Bull
04-29-2018, 08:25 PM

That would make sense as that is about where the old lower grandstand used to be. Interesting.

Dawgbite
04-30-2018, 08:11 AM
Something that I noticed during SBW, some of the rows are deeper from the row directly in front of them, I.E. more leg room. That could help explain the handrail issue. My friend made notes of the deeper rows for when he picks his seats next season.

Lumpy Chucklelips
04-30-2018, 01:11 PM
You can see it on the construction cam. I?ve noticed also in the lounge that the ?fences? that they put up between the different spots are being used for people to prop their feet on and getting pushed out of alignment. Not going to last long at the rate they?re going. Maybe someone more computer savvy can put up a pic of what I?m talking about.

Pit Bull
05-01-2018, 03:54 AM
Something that I noticed during SBW, some of the rows are deeper from the row directly in front of them, I.E. more leg room. That could help explain the handrail issue. My friend made notes of the deeper rows for when he picks his seats next season.

Seems like all the rows in the grandstand have a little more leg room than the old stadium. That would be an improvement. My guess is the shorter leg room rows are probably the old lower grandstand rows they kept. The ones I mentioned appeared to be at a different slope than the others. BTW....I didn't know we got to pick our seats next year. They said earlier that they would assign our seats reasonably close to where our old ones used to be in the old stadium.....generally.