PDA

View Full Version : Here's what the math says

MetEdDawg
04-28-2018, 10:22 PM
Obviously with the difficult schedule down the stretch and the fact we are in the conversation now for making the NCAA Tournament, us getting our record to the required .500 spot has been a topic of conversation.

The math says 5 more regular season wins guarantees us a .500 record even with a 2 and through in the SEC Tournament.

With an RPI that should be under 40 after this win is counted and a SOS that will be Top 10 by the end of the year, we have the resume to be in. Just have to go out and win games. But we've got to win 5 in the regular season to guarantee it. Good thing is that if we get those 5 wins, 2 of those would be again high quality opponents (Bama is at RPI 66, but with a sweep of them, 2 more wins would come against either TAMU RPI #12, UF RPI #1, UK RPI #17, or Troy RPI #36).

So all that to say we have to get 5 more wins to for sure guarantee us to qualify for the NCAA Tournament. I think we do it and if we find a way to get 7-9 wins between now and the end of the season, I think we could make a case for us being a #2 seed, which would far exceed my expectations preseason.

WeWonItAll(Most)
04-28-2018, 10:28 PM
I vote we take the Arky women's tennis approach and schedule Tennessee State as many times as we have to on the last day of the season to get above .500

starkvegasdawg
04-28-2018, 10:30 PM
I vote we take the Arky women's tennis approach and schedule Tennessee State as many times as we have to on the last day of the season to get above .500
We seem to play better against the Arkansas teams than the Mercful Sisters of the Blind teams.

The Federalist Engineer
04-28-2018, 10:33 PM
We seem to play better against the Arkansas teams than the Mercful Sisters of the Blind teams.

Yeah, it's safer to play Oregon State than McNeese State or Memphis State - "Beware a State that isn't a State"

WeWonItAll(Most)
04-28-2018, 10:33 PM

You're right we'd probably split with them. Lol

Todd4State
04-28-2018, 10:46 PM
That's why tomorrow is so huge for us. 25 wins would mean that we would only have to go 4-6 the rest of the way out. On that same note getting swept by A&M wouldn't have killed us but it definitely would have put us behind the eight ball and probably would have meant having to beat Florida at least once.

As it is with the way this team is playing I think we pull off at least a three seed.

MetEdDawg
04-29-2018, 06:31 AM
After RPI updated last night we are sitting at 36 with an SOS of 10. Looking at the rest of the schedules in the Top 10, I think our SOS ends up Top 5. But there are currently 6 SEC teams with an SOS in the Top 10

MarketingBully
04-29-2018, 07:04 AM
That's why tomorrow is so huge for us. 25 wins would mean that we would only have to go 4-6 the rest of the way out. On that same note getting swept by A&M wouldn't have killed us but it definitely would have put us behind the eight ball and probably would have meant having to beat Florida at least once.

As it is with the way this team is playing I think we pull off at least a three seed.

If we go with the lineup we had yesterday and either replace Hatcher with Westburg or Foscue (depending on who he has playing third), we could start giving our starters run support. Having a 1-2 starting pitcher punch of Pilkington and Small could make us dangerous in anyone’s regional.

Jack Lambert
04-29-2018, 07:35 AM
Just think how huge that Sunday Auburn game and midweek Memphis games would have been.

dickiedawg
04-29-2018, 03:50 PM
We?d have to earn a bye (top four in the league or top seed in the West) to go 0-2 in the SEC tournament, since the first round is single elim.