PDA

View Full Version : Matt Wyatt film study spring game.

Leroy Jenkins
04-28-2018, 08:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CrOkLUev7U

Bully13
04-28-2018, 09:02 PM
Matt Wyatt knows football. I REALLY enjoyed that clip. thank you for that.

Leroy Jenkins
04-28-2018, 10:01 PM
I think he does a good job.

Maroonthirteen
04-29-2018, 07:44 AM
Thompson looks really good throwing the ball. Just saying......

Pit Bull
04-29-2018, 08:59 PM
Good stuff. Last year I was timing how long our QB had to drop back in the pocket and throw after the snap. Versus most SEC teams, our QB had about 3-4 seconds to get rid of the ball....on average of course. Against BAMA, we had about 2 to 3 seconds or they were on top of you. Unless, our OL can improve upon that, our QBs better be ready to tuck it and run against the Tide! Or come up with some other real quick method of getting the ball out of our QBs hands. Decision time becomes real important when playing BAMA.....if you are indecisive, you are dead.

Leroy Jenkins
04-29-2018, 09:44 PM
Good stuff. Last year I was timing how long our QB had to drop back in the pocket and throw after the snap. Versus most SEC teams, our QB had about 3-4 seconds to get rid of the ball....on average of course. Against BAMA, we had about 2 to 3 seconds or they were on top of you. Unless, our OL can improve upon that, our QBs better be ready to tuck it and run against the Tide! Or come up with some other real quick method of getting the ball out of our QBs hands. Decision time becomes real important when playing BAMA.....if you are indecisive, you are dead.

One thing you have to give Freezus credit for.... He was good at getting the ball outside the hashes a lot. This causes the big, strong, heavy, people in the middle to chase the ball side-to-side. After a few quarters that takes a toll. Of course in the case of bama (as you mentioned) they have the replacements to rotate and lessen the effect. Offense is about execution, defense is about effort.

viverlibre
04-30-2018, 11:38 AM
That was good, i wasn't as high on Thompson, thought he made too many bad throws, but he is learning a new offense.

Matt has a face for radio! Bless his heart! Getting futher back from the camera may be a good start.