PDA

View Full Version : Starting rotation and their stats

msstate7
04-28-2018, 07:59 AM
I'm using strictly sec stats since they all faced the same teams.

I will list team leader first

Era...
2.39 (ES), 4.00 (KP), 5.40 (JB)

Whip...
1.16 (ES), 1.29 (KP), 1.48 (JB)

K/9...
10.6 (ES), 10.1 (JB), 7.0 (KP)

B.B./9...
2.4 (ES), 2.6 (KP), 5.8!!! (JB)

Hits/9...
7.6 (JB), 8.0 (ES), 9.0 (KP)

BAA...
.231 (JB), .237 (ES), .260 (KP)

The data makes it clear Ethan has been our best pitcher by far. I've been critical of KP this year, and these stats show there is reason. Highest BAA and 7.0 k/9 is not where he should be; last season... BAA = .210, k/9 = 8.7

Bulldog1
04-28-2018, 08:09 AM
Do you agree that his numbers would be better if he had better run support? Is it possible that after getting no run support all year, his attitude changed?

msstate7
04-28-2018, 08:29 AM
Do you agree that his numbers would be better if he had better run support? Is it possible that after getting no run support all year, his attitude changed?

I don't buy in to that. If he were worried about that, he would try to be more fine (hit the edges); this isn't the case bc his bb9 is down by over 2 from last season. I think he has been told to let guys put the ball in play more to try and get deeper in games. Unfortunately for him, his stuff isn't good enough to consistently get guys out like that. His sec era is essentially the same as last season. Lasf season, walks were the culprit; this season it is hits. He is just a 4.00 era sec pitcher, which is not bad, but certainly not elite. His velocity is at 86 by the 5th inning

preachermatt83
04-28-2018, 11:43 AM
Konner is a very good pitcher...however Ethan small is our best pitcher. Period.

the_real_MSU_is_us
04-28-2018, 12:23 PM
Konner is a very good pitcher...however Ethan small is our best pitcher. Period.

I agree with your point, but if you want to have your opinion taken seriously you might first want to learn how to spell our players' names

Todd4State
04-28-2018, 12:33 PM
I don't buy in to that. If he were worried about that, he would try to be more fine (hit the edges); this isn't the case bc his bb9 is down by over 2 from last season. I think he has been told to let guys put the ball in play more to try and get deeper in games. Unfortunately for him, his stuff isn't good enough to consistently get guys out like that. His sec era is essentially the same as last season. Lasf season, walks were the culprit; this season it is hits. He is just a 4.00 era sec pitcher, which is not bad, but certainly not elite. His velocity is at 86 by the 5th inning

Being too fine doesn't always equal more walks. Sometimes it can lead to getting hit because you are behind in the count and have to throw a strike which is a more predictable and easier pitch to hit.

Leeshouldveflanked
04-28-2018, 01:07 PM
I would have started Billingsley on Fridays... gives you a better chance to win series....

Homedawg
04-28-2018, 02:16 PM
I would have started Billingsley on Fridays... gives you a better chance to win series....

Sends. Great a great message to your guys. Basically I'm quitting on you for a game but go get it boys.

msstate7
04-28-2018, 02:45 PM
Sends. Great a great message to your guys. Basically I'm quitting on you for a game but go get it boys.

Yeah, that is true. You could make up something like I wanna see how pilk pitches during the day. Make up something like his breaking ball would be harder to pick up with sunlight in the batters' eyes haha

Todd4State
04-28-2018, 02:59 PM

It may send the message that they have a lot of faith in JB. At least that is how I would spin it as a coach.

Bulldog1
04-28-2018, 03:00 PM
Didn't aTm do that this weekend? Sunday guy pitching Friday and Friday guy pitching Sunday?

Todd4State
04-28-2018, 03:42 PM
Didn't aTm do that this weekend? Sunday guy pitching Friday and Friday guy pitching Sunday?

Their old Friday guy was struggling really badly and Kilkenny is a top 100 draft prospect.

Bulldog1
04-28-2018, 03:52 PM
Their old Friday guy was struggling really badly and Kilkenny is a top 100 draft prospect.

Oh ok.

Homedawg
04-28-2018, 07:56 PM
It may send the message that they have a lot of faith in JB. At least that is how I would spin it as a coach.

Sorry but that's not how hey are going to see it. Been there. But it sounds good on a message board