PDA

View Full Version : With Pay Shea Eligible, How Many OM Players Will Now Transfer?

ShotgunDawg
04-27-2018, 04:08 PM
No bowl game and precedent has now been set. OM players can now transfer and be immediately eligible.

Does anyone else follow?

MadDawg
04-27-2018, 04:42 PM
Interesting article on Shea's transfer. Apparently, the NCAA issued an amendment to their appeals process on April 18th. I don't know of anyone who knew this was happening. After the NCAA changed the process, olemiss and Michigan "worked together" "in the best interest of the student-athlete" and re-filed the appeal for transfer based on "facts all parties agreed to". What does that mean? Well, considering the only thing ole miss disagreed with in Shea's transfer request was his characterization that he was misled and lied to by the staff at ole miss. So they apparently were able to get that taken out. So they basically got their way again. I'll bet you his transfer request does not even mention the NCAA investigation or Freeze or being misled at all. ole miss just let Shea transfer out of the goodness of their hearts because they are all about the student-athlete and all. Makes me want to puke.

Liverpooldawg
04-27-2018, 04:52 PM
Interesting article on Shea's transfer. Apparently, the NCAA issued an amendment to their appeals process on April 18th. I don't know of anyone who knew this was happening. After the NCAA changed the process, olemiss and Michigan "worked together" "in the best interest of the student-athlete" and re-filed the appeal for transfer based on "facts all parties agreed to". What does that mean? Well, considering the only thing ole miss disagreed with in Shea's transfer request was his characterization that he was misled and lied to by the staff at ole miss. So they apparently were able to get that taken out. So they basically got their way again. I'll bet you his transfer request does not even mention the NCAA investigation or Freeze or being misled at all. ole miss just let Shea transfer out of the goodness of their hearts because they are all about the student-athlete and all. Makes me want to puke.

Why? The bottom line is this cost them the best QB prospect they had signed since Eli. It makes me very happy.

Bodaski
04-27-2018, 06:16 PM
No bowl game and precedent has now been set. OM players can now transfer and be immediately eligible.

Does anyone else follow?

Well, it may have been a situation where OM didn't want anymore information concerning improperties where they could come under serious fire again with the NCAA.

Liverpooldawg
04-27-2018, 06:22 PM
Well, it may have been a situation where OM didn't want anymore information concerning improperties where they could come under serious fire again with the NCAA.

Exactly. They put up a show for the sheep but they never planned to REALLY contest this.

Saltydog
04-27-2018, 06:25 PM
team for him to leave. The bigger issue is how can they possibly stop others from leaving now? Doesn't this just open the flood gates should others follow?

Todd4State
04-27-2018, 06:38 PM
I don't know if they will lose many more than they have already. But this means that those that have left will probably be eligible to play if they wish.

Todd4State
04-27-2018, 06:40 PM

How did Ole Miss get their way? They wanted to keep Shea from playing this year and that's not going to happen.

Liverpooldawg
04-27-2018, 06:57 PM
I don't know if they will lose many more than they have already. But this means that those that have left will probably be eligible to play if they wish.

They won't lose too many more, the money is too good.

Todd4State
04-27-2018, 07:09 PM
They won't lose too many more, the money is too good.

It won't be as good as the NFL money this time next year for a couple more of them I suspect.

At any rate if Joe recruits like it looks like he is it just shows how lazy Dan and the Country Club were.

Liverpooldawg
04-27-2018, 07:54 PM
It won't be as good as the NFL money this time next year for a couple more of them I suspect.

At any rate if Joe recruits like it looks like he is it just shows how lazy Dan and the Country Club were.

Question: I see a lot of talk that we have perhaps the most talented team we have ever had returning. Do we?

Todd4State
04-27-2018, 08:14 PM
Question: I see a lot of talk that we have perhaps the most talented team we have ever had returning. Do we?

We shall see. But again the thing is it could have been and probably would have been even better without Dan recruiting. Just because you are "good" doesn't mean you are maximizing your potential. If we had Raekwon Davis, Derrick Brown, Scott Lashley and AJ Brown this team would be even better. And those are four guys that I think Joe would have gotten for us. We also didn't try hard enough on Cam Akers either. Who knows if Huff could have gotten him to go along with Hill?

Todd4State
04-27-2018, 08:17 PM
And I'll add- we could have a team of mostly four star guys in about 3-4 years. How talented will our 2022 and 2023 teams be seen compared to what we have now? It's very conceivable that we could get at least one four star player at every position group in this class alone. Our profile is continuing to rise and is rising even more with Joe.

Liverpooldawg
04-27-2018, 09:24 PM
We shall see. But again the thing is it could have been and probably would have been even better without Dan recruiting. Just because you are "good" doesn't mean you are maximizing your potential. If we had Raekwon Davis, Derrick Brown, Scott Lashley and AJ Brown this team would be even better. And those are four guys that I think Joe would have gotten for us. We also didn't try hard enough on Cam Akers either. Who knows if Huff could have gotten him to go along with Hill?

You lost me at AJ Brown. ONE MORE TIME: WE WERE NEVER GOING TO GET AJ BROWN, NEVER. I knew that his Jr year at SHS. We were NEVER in the hunt there. We lost two of those others to BAMA I believe. We ain't gonna beat Saben fort many. Fact remains if we really do have the most talented team in school history coming back, and that seems to be the party line, then by definition the previous staff did the best job recruiting in school history. I happen to think that was the 2014 team....but that was the same staff so...........

Todd4State
04-27-2018, 09:55 PM
You lost me at AJ Brown. ONE MORE TIME: WE WERE NEVER GOING TO GET AJ BROWN, NEVER. I knew that his Jr year at SHS. We were NEVER in the hunt there. We lost two of those others to BAMA I believe. We ain't gonna beat Saben fort many. Fact remains if we really do have the most talented team in school history coming back, and that seems to be the party line, then by definition the previous staff did the best job recruiting in school history. I happen to think that was the 2014 team....but that was the same staff so...........

And Dan Mullen never had an offer from Maryland.** We weren't in it because of Dan not being willing to do what he needed to do to get him because he is lazy and didn't want to put the work in. And don't be surprised when we flip someone from Bama this year. Get back to me in January.

1999 was a better team than the 2014 team in terms of accomplishments.

We only recruited well because of our defensive staff that Dan constantly rotated out and the fact that our profile rose due to the rise of the power five. How many RB's, WR's, TE's, and OL did Dan have drafted compared to our defensive players? Dan is already making people unhappy in Florida with his recruiting as it is and is having trouble getting Emmitt Smith's son in the fold there. That would be like Dan screwing Johnie Cooks nephew....oh wait.

Hambone
04-28-2018, 07:41 AM
Didn’t I read somewhere that Ole Miss gets some of this money back at the end of their probation??

Liverpooldawg
04-28-2018, 08:58 AM
And Dan Mullen never had an offer from Maryland.** We weren't in it because of Dan not being willing to do what he needed to do to get him because he is lazy and didn't want to put the work in. And don't be surprised when we flip someone from Bama this year. Get back to me in January.

We only recruited well because of our defensive staff that Dan constantly rotated out and the fact that our profile rose due to the rise of the power five. How many RB's, WR's, TE's, and OL did Dan have drafted compared to our defensive players? Dan is already making people unhappy in Florida with his recruiting as it is and is having trouble getting Emmitt Smith's son in the fold there. That would be like Dan screwing Johnie Cooks nephew....oh wait.

We were never in it because he was never coming to MSU. He wasn't the first Starkville high kid like that.

QuadrupleOption
04-28-2018, 09:16 AM

I don't see how other than the 1999 team beat a 6-6 Clemson team in the Peach Bowl and didn't lose to Ole Miss.

2014 was ranked higher, was in contention for a playoff spot deep into the season and had a run of victories over top 10 ranked teams that no MSU football team has done to my knowledge.

I don't like how Dan snuck out of here, and I don't like that he would apparently have taken a job at any P5 school that came calling but I'm not going to deny what he accomplished here either.

04-28-2018, 09:40 AM
You are just negative. How in the holy hell did Ole Miss get their way?

- Mass transfer, including their starting quarterback, who they tried to block
- Lost the best head coach they've had since Vaught, who they fought desperately to keep
- 2 year bowl ban
- Wrecked their 2016 class and heavily damaged their 2017 and 2018 classes
- Saddled with Matt Luke as head coach

This article is lip service, Michigan playing nice. If you cannot see what really happened here, well, just stay the same paranoid MSU fan that you are.

Ole Miss has completely been torn down from where they were immediately after the 2015 season and it's given us a great opportunity to build a team that can last for years

Todd4State
04-28-2018, 09:40 AM
I don't see how other than the 1999 team beat a 6-6 Clemson team in the Peach Bowl and didn't lose to Ole Miss.

2014 was ranked higher, was in contention for a playoff spot deep into the season and had a run of victories over top 10 ranked teams that no MSU football team has done to my knowledge.

I don't like how Dan snuck out of here, and I don't like that he would apparently have taken a job at any P5 school that came calling but I'm not going to deny what he accomplished here either.

Both finished 12 in the coaches poll and the 2014 team finished 12 in AP while 1999 finished 13 in AP. I prefer the season where we won the Egg Bowl and a future NY6 bowl over the one where we were number one but didn't finish out and lost to our main rivals and lost to the bowl. 1999 team technically had a better record as well since that was back in the days before we played 12 regular season games and the 12th that year would have been a I-AA team which the 1999 team should have won easily.

Turfdawg67
04-28-2018, 11:01 AM

- Lost the best head coach they've had since Vaught, who they fought desperately to keep
- 2 year bowl ban

This article is lip service, Michigan playing nice. If you cannot see what really happened here, well, just stay the same paranoid MSU fan that you are.

Ole Miss has completely been torn down from where they were immediately after the 2015 season and it's given us a great opportunity to build a team that can last for years

This guy thinks OM got hammered... I especially like that "completely torn down" statement.

https://s14.postimg.cc/h5s45ye7l/71_DBEE97-4882-454_A-_B676-_DA5601_D8_A488.jpg

Turfdawg67
04-28-2018, 11:05 AM

You're beating a dead horse. Some people can't seem to grasp this about AJ. It's easier to blame Dan's laziness than to think a Starkville kid was dead set about not playing for State. Ole Miss "won" AJ over Bama... not us.

Bulldog1
04-28-2018, 11:07 AM

- 2 year bowl ban

Ole Miss did not get hammered. They barely got slapped.

Bully13
04-28-2018, 01:59 PM
Can someone remind me of why MSU never had a chance with AJ?

ShotgunDawg
04-28-2018, 02:41 PM

For the same reason Rashaan Evans is from Auburn, AL but went to Bama. Ronnie Harrison went to Florida State HS in Tallahassee but went to Bama, Jameis Winston is from 20 min from Tuscaloosa, & Rowdy Jordan is from Auburn.

Home town kids can be impossible to get if they just want to leave. This is not an MSU problem. Happens everywhere

Todd4State
04-28-2018, 03:04 PM
You're beating a dead horse. Some people can't seem to grasp this about AJ. It's easier to blame Dan's laziness than to think a Starkville kid was dead set about not playing for State. Ole Miss "won" AJ over Bama... not us.

The fact that one of AJ's family members went to Dan and talked to him personally tells me that there was interest in us on his side.

msstate7
04-28-2018, 04:12 PM
OT, but OM related... as bad as the OM defense was last season, they just lost a 2nd rounder (speaks) and a 4th rounder (Haynes). Their defense may be historically bad this season

04-28-2018, 05:05 PM
Idiots. In what universe is the stuff I listed above "barely got slapped"

Even SMU didn't get drilled until the second infraction (while on probation)

msstate7
04-28-2018, 05:09 PM
Idiots. In what universe is the stuff I listed above "barely got slapped"

Even SMU didn't get drilled until the second infraction (while on probation)

I think OM got hit less than they deserved, but got hit. You have to realize that anything short of getting the death penalty, state fans were not gonna be happy

Liverpooldawg
04-28-2018, 06:33 PM

Exactly. My source told me it was UM-Bama his Jr. Year. Now he DID think he would go to Bama. He was shocked he went to UM...... we never had a shot at all.

Liverpooldawg
04-28-2018, 06:34 PM
The fact that one of AJ's family members went to Dan and talked to him personally tells me that there was interest in us on his side.

You are flat out wrong.

Liverpooldawg
04-28-2018, 06:36 PM
Ole Miss did not get hammered. They barely got slapped.

They got hammered, just not as much as we wanted. The unofficial visit thing is THE key. That was tailored to them........ AND sets them up to repeat offender status.

Bulldog1
04-28-2018, 06:40 PM
I think OM got hit less than they deserved, but got hit. You have to realize that anything short of getting the death penalty, state fans were not gonna be happy
True.

Bully13
04-29-2018, 08:51 AM
Nobody is denying the impact of the long trial, negative pub, transfers, big reduction in unofficial visits, freezus gone , etc... you can see it right now with their crootin'.

What we ARE saying though is USCw should be suing the NCAA.

Jack Lambert
04-29-2018, 09:19 AM

I think they will lose some more. If it happens we will see it at the end of the Semester.

04-29-2018, 12:36 PM

Guy just never really showed much interest. Sometimes folks just want to get out of town

The surprise was that he picked Ole Miss over Alabama

04-29-2018, 12:37 PM
For the same reason Rashaan Evans is from Auburn, AL but went to Bama. Ronnie Harrison went to Florida State HS in Tallahassee but went to Bama, Jameis Winston is from 20 min from Tuscaloosa, & Rowdy Jordan is from Auburn.

Home town kids can be impossible to get if they just want to leave. This is not an MSU problem. Happens everywhere

Reuben Foster was from Auburn too