PDA

View Full Version : I will NOT be going to see Hereditary--here's the trailer

Bully13
04-27-2018, 07:15 AM
I've never been freaked out on just a trailer but this one did it to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHxcDbai7aUhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHxcDbai7aU

Pit Bull
04-27-2018, 11:08 PM
Looks bizzare! Not sure how they present Demons in this movie, but in our world they interact between different realms. God is in one realm, Satan and his demons in another, and the earth we see day to day as another. However, the way I understand it, Satan manages his demons and is allowed by God to interact in our earthly world to get us to commit bad actions. Demons are all around us in our daily lives and activities....we just can't see them. We have to be spiritually sound/solid in order to repel their efforts. Unfortunately, a lot of people are not. Thus.....murder, lying, deceit, adultery, drug and alcohol excessive use....etc, etc. We see the demon's accomplishments, but we don't see them.

Bully13
04-28-2018, 07:53 AM
Looks bizzare! Not sure how they present Demons in this movie, but in our world they interact between different realms. God is in one realm, Satan and his demons in another, and the earth we see day to day as another. However, the way I understand it, Satan manages his demons and is allowed by God to interact in our earthly world to get us to commit bad actions. Demons are all around us in our daily lives and activities....we just can't see them. We have to be spiritually sound/solid in order to repel their efforts. Unfortunately, a lot of people are not. Thus.....murder, lying, deceit, adultery, drug and alcohol excessive use....etc, etc. We see the demon's accomplishments, but we don't see them.

Good post and I totally agree. I wish I could say the reason you are correct is my own personal idea, but I got it from watching a preacher on t.v. who explained it to me.

Throughout the New Testament, on many times Jesus would rebuke and correct those who said false or incorrect things. He never hesitated to do so and did it time after time after time.

When satan propositioned him atop the high mountain and promised him total control of all of the world's empires if he would just bow down and worship him, Jesus did not deny that satan had the power to deliver. His only reply was that it was God the Father to whom he was committed to and Him Only.

So yeah, satan still has his foot deeply implanted into earth's ass.

Pit Bull
04-28-2018, 09:38 PM
Yep.....Satan prior to the creation of the earth was in Heaven with God, but later became to think he was as good or better than God. Thus, he started a rebellion. God later had to kick Satan out of Heaven along with the demons who sided with him. He came down to earth and has wreaked havoc on mankind ever since. Satan has supernatural powers, but are only limited to what God/Jesus allow. Hardest things for most Christians, or anybody for that matter, to understand is why God allows bad things to happen to good people. Thus...the saying most of us know....."according to God's Will". Tough to explain in bad situations, but one day, it will be clear to all true Christians.

Bully13
04-28-2018, 10:21 PM
Yep.....Satan prior to the creation of the earth was in Heaven with God, but later became to think he was as good or better than God. Thus, he started a rebellion. God later had to kTick Satan out of Heaven along with the demons who sided with him. He came down to earth and has wreaked havoc on mankind ever since. Satan has supernatural powers, but are only limited to what God/Jesus allow. Hardest things for most Christians, or anybody for that matter, to understand is why God allows bad things to happen to good people. Thus...the saying most of us know....."according to God's Will". Tough to explain in bad situations, but one day, it will be clear to all true Christians.

Thank You Pit Bull. I fill fullfilled from your post. that was an awesome post and will make my tomorrow a better day.

viverlibre
04-30-2018, 03:30 PM
That scared the pee out of me! I like scary movies, but not the exorist, damian type stuff!

viverlibre
04-30-2018, 03:57 PM

I believe in God, the world it too perfect to be random, and I personally think there are enough supernatural acts to indicate Devine intervention. I don't believe in religion as I think it has been seriously corrupted by those lusting after money and power. The vast majority of christians/churches today are nothing like what is described in Acts. The amount of paid staff at churches just in Rankin County blows me away.

It's become all about the dollar. My favorite sermon series is the three part tithing/giving message: first Sunday, God don't need your money; second Sunday, if you give, you will be blessed, it's an act of faith and obedience; third Sunday, give us your money! That's the Pinelake message anyway.

Tbonewannabe
05-02-2018, 08:43 PM
I believe in God, the world it too perfect to be random, and I personally think there are enough supernatural acts to indicate Devine intervention. I don't believe in religion as I think it has been seriously corrupted by those lusting after money and power. The vast majority of christians/churches today are nothing like what is described in Acts. The amount of paid staff at churches just in Rankin County blows me away.

It's become all about the dollar. My favorite sermon series is the three part tithing/giving message: first Sunday, God don't need your money; second Sunday, if you give, you will be blessed, it's an act of faith and obedience; third Sunday, give us your money! That's the Pinelake message anyway.

This is pretty close to what I believe. I have a friend who is a pastor and he is genuine about his love of God and people. Oddly enough, when he was in seminary in New Orleans, I went a visited him. He worked on a really nice golf course. Cash Money and Pat Swilling owned houses on the course. The biggest most expensive house belonged to a preacher. Too many preachers use donations or the money they make for worldly things. Don't lecture me about giving more to help the needy if you have a private jet. I worked for someone who had a private jet and it is a complete money pit. It is more vanity than anything.