PDA

View Full Version : NFL draft

BuckyIsAB****
04-26-2018, 08:21 PM
Browns could have had Barkley and Darnold, or at least 1 of the 4 QBs that are supposedly top 5 worthy, (they aint) but of course they picked Mayfield (best QB) and Denzel Ward at 4.

I have got to get into the NFL GM school bc I could do better than that

BuckyIsAB****
04-26-2018, 09:02 PM
If Dallas doesnt get Ridley or Courtland Sutton Dak should catch the first bus out of jerrys world

bgover4
04-26-2018, 09:27 PM
Dumbest pick ever (referencing Dallas)

BuckyIsAB****
04-26-2018, 09:42 PM

Idk that kid aint bad. I wouldve went Ridley but it makes sense

parabrave
04-26-2018, 09:45 PM
I would've gone Ridley but this is a Def. Oline 1st round. The Saints moving up and giving away next years 1st rd pick is the head scratcher though.

Cooterpoot
04-27-2018, 08:48 AM

No it wasn't. That's the best LB available and they are desperate at that spot right now. He's going to be a star barring injury.
Ridley is so overrated. He doesn't have great size and didn't even dominate in college. He's a lifetime #2 WR.
I could see them trading up to grab a WR today. But DL is a priority too and this is a terrible WR crop.

fishwater99
04-27-2018, 08:51 AM
I would've gone Ridley but this is a Def. Oline 1st round. The Saints moving up and giving away next years 1st rd pick is the head scratcher though.

Mickey Loomis is an idiot..

Bdawg
04-27-2018, 09:44 AM
Hope this guy for Dallas is a freak. From 8 man football, to a walk on in college, to a first round pick looks like a major reach, but I admit I know nothing about the guy. I know they need linebackers, but Moore and Ridley were sitting there. I don't know which one is better, but Dallas had the pick of any receiver they wanted. Maybe they are looking for a more "Dez type" size WR. I know Ridley is a little short. Not sure about Moore. I hope there are more legit #1 WRs left in this draft. Dallas desperately needs a play maker on the outside.

smootness
04-27-2018, 09:47 AM
Fans see holes on their team and wonder why they aren't filling them, but the best teams draft the best players, not based on need.

Bdawg
04-27-2018, 09:51 AM
Fans see holes on their team and wonder why they aren't filling them, but the best teams draft the best players, not based on need.

Are you saying that LB was the best player available? Think he's only shown 1 good year of playing college ball. LB was also a hole.

MetEdDawg
04-27-2018, 09:52 AM
Hope this guy for Dallas is a freak. From 8 man football, to a walk on in college, to a first round pick looks like a major reach, but I admit I know nothing about the guy. I know they need linebackers, but Moore and Ridley were sitting there. I don't know which one is better, but Dallas had the pick of any receiver they wanted. Maybe they are looking for a more "Dez type" size WR. I know Ridley is a little short. Not sure about Moore. I hope there are more legit #1 WRs left in this draft. Dallas desperately needs a play maker on the outside.

I have to think they make a push for Chark from LSU and Courtland Sutton from SMU. Not sure Christian Kirk is what they want really. He's got a ton of talent but at 5' 11" he's not carrying a team like Dallas. Equanimeous St. Brown from ND could potentially be a possibility too.

Bdawg
04-27-2018, 09:58 AM
I have to think they make a push for Chark from LSU and Courtland Sutton from SMU. Not sure Christian Kirk is what they want really. He's got a ton of talent but at 5' 11" he's not carrying a team like Dallas. Equanimeous St. Brown from ND could potentially be a possibility too.

You think any of these guys are legit #1 WRs?

smootness
04-27-2018, 10:12 AM
Are you saying that LB was the best player available? Think he's only shown 1 good year of playing college ball. LB was also a hole.

I have no idea if he was or not. May have been a bad pick regardless.

I'm just referencing when fans say things like, 'I can't believe we passed on a (whatever position), we need one bad.'

MetEdDawg
04-27-2018, 10:20 AM

I think DJ Chark could be. As is usual with LSU WR's, they typically get a lot better when they get into the NFL because they actually have someone decent that can get them the ball. It's the never ending cycle of not understanding how LSU continues to get WRs when they have garbage QBs throwing to them. But I do think Chark has potential to be a #1. Needs to gain a little weight probably, but I think he could do it. He ran a 4.34 at the combine as well.

Courtland Sutton would be the only other guy I think that could do it. But he's going to have to get faster and more explosive it he ever wants to be anything more than a possession WR.

I think Chark is highly underrated and could be an 80-90 receptions kind of guy. But LSU's QB situation sucks and it hurt him I think.

dawgs
04-27-2018, 10:43 AM

There's a balance between need and best available. Thing is, you can't fill every need in the 1st round. Some of these needs will be filled today too. Maybe there was a guy too good to pass up in round 1 regardless of need, but that just means you go after needs in rounds 2 and/or 3 tonight.

Bdawg
04-27-2018, 10:57 AM
I think DJ Chark could be. As is usual with LSU WR's, they typically get a lot better when they get into the NFL because they actually have someone decent that can get them the ball. It's the never ending cycle of not understanding how LSU continues to get WRs when they have garbage QBs throwing to them. But I do think Chark has potential to be a #1. Needs to gain a little weight probably, but I think he could do it. He ran a 4.34 at the combine as well.

Courtland Sutton would be the only other guy I think that could do it. But he's going to have to get faster and more explosive it he ever wants to be anything more than a possession WR.

I think Chark is highly underrated and could be an 80-90 receptions kind of guy. But LSU's QB situation sucks and it hurt him I think.

Believe I would definitely go after Chark with that speed then. Hard to teach a guy explosiveness and speed as you say about the other guy.

Bulldog1
04-27-2018, 11:23 AM
Jason Witten is retiring per ESPN. Terrible news for the Cowboys.

MetEdDawg
04-27-2018, 11:36 AM
Jason Witten is retiring per ESPN. Terrible news for the Cowboys.

You serious?? Damn. This sounds like very coincidental timing. You think he announced based on the draft pick? I would have to think last night played a part in his decision if he's announcing that the day after the draft.

ETA: Looks like the rumor is he may join MNF. If true, I have to think the pick last night is affecting that decision.

BuckyIsAB****
04-27-2018, 12:23 PM

Christian Kirk is damn good idc how tall he is.

I like Sutton more than the rest of those. Chark is a burner but not very consistent

fishwater99
04-27-2018, 02:12 PM
You serious?? Damn. This sounds like very coincidental timing. You think he announced based on the draft pick? I would have to think last night played a part in his decision if he's announcing that the day after the draft.

ETA: Looks like the rumor is he may join MNF. If true, I have to think the pick last night is affecting that decision.

He should have told them ahead of time that he would retire if no help is added at WR.

Cooterpoot
04-27-2018, 02:28 PM

He's been talking with all the networks about a job since the season ended. Dallas knew about it. He can't pass it up.

MetEdDawg
04-27-2018, 02:43 PM
He's been talking with all the networks about a job since the season ended. Dallas knew about it. He can't pass it up.

Well for a while wasn't his name being thrown around at UT for their HC job? I'm pretty sure UT reached out to him and he was mildly interested. Dallas had to see the writing on the wall at that point. I never really thought UT would take Witten off the roster and right into a major conference HC job, but the fact they even publicized reaching out means to me that there was already interest from Witten about getting into a new role to begin with.

Cooterpoot
04-27-2018, 03:08 PM
He's going to be a coach at Dallas at some point. Unless he gets into the booth and changes his mind. He's the best blocking TE I've ever seen and in his prime was as good as it gets at the TE position. He was only going to play one more season if a tv job didn't open up. Wouldn't be surprised to see Dallas try to move up and get one of the TE's in the 2nd now. It's a deep TE class.

Bdawg
04-27-2018, 06:43 PM
Denver screwed cowboys. Think they wanted Sutton.

BuckyIsAB****
04-27-2018, 07:36 PM
Chicago Bears are winning the draft

Bdawg
04-27-2018, 09:05 PM
Well cowboys get a receiver. Gallop from CSU. Very productive with 100 catches for over 1400 yds. Mel called it his "favorite pick in the third round" so far.

BuckyIsAB****
04-27-2018, 09:19 PM
Well cowboys get a receiver. Gallop from CSU. Very productive with 100 catches for over 1400 yds. Mel called it his "favorite pick in the third round" so far.

Hes good. I watched some CSU games this season, he was a baller