PDA

View Full Version : Talked to Jarrian Jones this afternoon at Brandon Middle School Jamboree

Jack Lambert
04-26-2018, 08:01 PM
He was there watching. He had a Oklahoma book bag. He said that he is going to be in Starkville this weekend and MSU is still in the mix. I had to be careful what I said and did because you know some of these guys are being watched. Ole Miss people are pissed and sneaky and just over all ass holes.

Rick Danko
04-26-2018, 08:18 PM
So how much coin did you drop to him*****

Jack Lambert
04-26-2018, 08:19 PM
So how much coin did you drop to him*****

I was very tempted but did not.

Offshore Dawg
04-26-2018, 08:20 PM
good, I have no trust that any little toddy bear would do anything without an ulterior motive

Ifyouonlyknew
04-26-2018, 09:13 PM
Why is OM pissed? They never have been in it for Jarrian.

Jack Lambert
04-26-2018, 09:19 PM
Why is OM pissed? They never have been in it for Jarrian.

They are piss at State and are probably watching guys we are recruiting and waiting on us to make a mistake so they can report us.

Pit Bull
04-27-2018, 02:48 AM
He was there watching. He had a Oklahoma book bag. He said that he is going to be in Starkville this weekend and MSU is still in the mix. I had to be careful what I said and did because you know some of these guys are being watched. Ole Miss people are pissed and sneaky and just over all ass holes.

I didn't know we could talk with recruits.....wouldn't that be a secondary violation?

ShotgunDawg
04-27-2018, 07:38 AM
I didn't know we could talk with recruits.....wouldn't that be a secondary violation?

Not if you have a prior relationship and of course Jack did

Pit Bull
04-27-2018, 04:24 PM
Not if you have a prior relationship and of course Jack did

I'd still be very careful with that........the Sharks have deployed private eyes everywhere around the state to get us. They would take a situation like that and work it until they were blue in the face. I avoid contact with Olive Branch and Desoto Central Players even though I have known a few in the past and their parents. Makes me nervous.

sleepy dawg
04-27-2018, 07:49 PM
I'd still be very careful with that........the Sharks have deployed private eyes everywhere around the state to get us. They would take a situation like that and work it until they were blue in the face. I avoid contact with Olive Branch and Desoto Central Players even though I have known a few in the past and their parents. Makes me nervous.

Say what? Are you saying if I see a high school athlete who has greater than a 0% chance of playing at MSU that I should not talk to him?

RocketDawg
04-27-2018, 08:55 PM
Say what? Are you saying if I see a high school athlete who has greater than a 0% chance of playing at MSU that I should not talk to him?

That's correct, if you're a "booster", according to NCAA rules. A booster is almost anyone really, but especially if you give money to the school, buy tickets to sporting events, post on sports message boards .... The exception is if you knew the kid I think at least since he was in the 8th grade or something of the sort. MSU sends out the rules every year, at least to Bulldog Club members, and probably with all season tickets. In other words, a booster cannot recruit student athletes or have virtually any relationship with them.

MetEdDawg
04-27-2018, 08:55 PM

Exactly. We shouldn't be scared of doing legal things. You can't misconstrue something that's legal to do. OM can have 100 people watching you. If you had a prior relationship there's nothing wrong.

We can't be scared to do legal things just illegal things. Let's not let the trouble OM got in stop us or scare us. Keep it above board and we are fine.

Jack Lambert
04-27-2018, 09:28 PM
Exactly. We shouldn't be scared of doing legal things. You can't misconstrue something that's legal to do. OM can have 100 people watching you. If you had a prior relationship there's nothing wrong.

We can't be scared to do legal things just illegal things. Let's not let the trouble OM got in stop us or scare us. Keep it above board and we are fine.

I can assure you I did n noting illegal and if it ever came up I would say I was lying and plus how the hell will they know who I am?

Two side notes
1. Do you think the NCAA really cares?
2. Even if they did what will they do? Base on the infractions they gave ole miss they will do nothing.

ShotgunDawg
04-27-2018, 09:35 PM

Agree.

Ridiculous to hide in a hole and not do legal things out of fear of the buggy monster.

The inferiority complex that a segment of our fanbase has ingrained in them is odd

MetEdDawg
04-27-2018, 09:49 PM
I can assure you I did n noting illegal and if it ever came up I would say I was lying and plus how the hell will they know who I am?

Two side notes
1. Do you think the NCAA really cares?
2. Even if they did what will they do? Base on the infractions they gave ole miss they will do nothing.

Correct on this too. What are they going to do? Cancel one unofficial visit? At this point if you do something minor you can work around that punishment these days. When you have a solid system in place, tiny things like that don't really affect a program.

Leroy Jenkins
04-28-2018, 06:53 AM
I think.

Dont.

basedog
04-28-2018, 06:59 AM
Let's put this to rest, I have a very interest in a certain "young recruit" who is a stud btw! Folks of all schools come up to him and there is no way I believe any school would turn in a school for talking and just being around a baseball player.

Anyway there is no cheating especially in baseball at least (or very little) with what I know. Most of these kids have a different background, some of you guys act like the "Russian's or Fake news". So if I see you talking to a kid I have a big interest in, it's ok. Btw, I wouldn't say who he is yet, he is young but this dude has special talents in many ways! Very grounded and loves Msu!

Maybe I shouldn't have replied to this post, I have to be somewhat careful in saying what I need to say and to protect this kid somewhat right now anyway! Take it for what's it's worth, and tell me how many baseball schools get put on probation for cheating?

msbulldog
04-28-2018, 11:01 AM
I break all kind of ncaa rules regarding recruitment of young people to our beloved university every day! I'm Sorry!

These young people are my grandchildren, my grand nephews and nieces and unfortunately none are great athletes. They are very smart!