PDA

View Full Version : Passing.... Gotta have it!

darkhorse
10-07-2013, 03:22 PM
I know most of you want Dak as our starter, but I'm telling you once again that unless he can pass, we will not win enough games to go bowling. In fact, we very well may not win another SEC game.

He's simply not ready at this point and we have a QB that is.

45% completion Saturday night with an INT.

Coach34
10-07-2013, 03:25 PM
Holy Hell, he escaped from the SEC Rant

darkhorse
10-07-2013, 03:27 PM
:cool:

1 site isn't enough anymore!!!

msstate7
10-07-2013, 03:30 PM
What were dak's numbers passing before TR came in? Seems he was throwing the ball really well and suffered after going back in.

Political Hack
10-07-2013, 03:38 PM
Holy Hell, he escaped from the SEC Rant

you mean someone over there has been berating you on the Dak vs Tyler debate as much as I have over here?

I feel better. Welcome darkhorse.

MadDawg
10-07-2013, 03:40 PM
Throwing the ball down 2 is helluva lot different than throwing the ball down 13. Dak can't take the pressure of having to throw from behind.

FISHDAWG
10-07-2013, 03:43 PM
Dak's the guy ... give it up - it took a little while but I finally gave in to the evidence myself

fishwater99
10-07-2013, 03:48 PM
TR was the far better passer this past Saturday, but DAK is the better runner..
We have to play both, but to their strengths.
There is no reason why they can't play in the same series and march down the field...

CadaverDawg
10-07-2013, 03:48 PM
I know most of you want Dak as our starter, but I'm telling you once again that unless he can pass, we will not win enough games to go bowling. In fact, we very well may not win another SEC game.

He's simply not ready at this point and we have a QB that is.

45% completion Saturday night with an INT.

Well, luckily he CAN pass....so we're good. Thanks though.

And I will add this...

Running.....Gotta have it!
I know a few of you want Russell as our starter, but I'm telling you once again that unless we can run the ball, we will not win enough games to go bowling. In fact, we very well may not win another SEC game.

6 rushes for -7 yards.

See how easy that is to manipulate.

All of this to say...they get it done in different ways, but we have only been able to show our entire arsenal on offense when Dak is in the game because of his run threat. Tyler can't do that. However, Tyler looked good Saturday so I have no problem with him getting a few scripted drives per game.

Coach34
10-07-2013, 03:51 PM
Throwing the ball down 2 is helluva lot different than throwing the ball down 13. Dak can't take the pressure of having to throw from behind.

Neither could Tyler when he was brought in on 3rd and long and subsequently sacked

Dawg61
10-07-2013, 03:56 PM
I'm fine with Dak and Tyler splitting 50/50. It makes our offense more dangerous. Tyler threw some beautiful passes on Saturday. The touch he put on that ball to Lewis for the TD was of the NFL variety.

MadDawg
10-07-2013, 04:01 PM
I'd actually take the sack over the game-ending interception.

SignalToNoise
10-07-2013, 04:07 PM
I remember hearing this argument with Ralph was QB.

Paraphrasing, but I remember people saying shit like this...

"Until we can stretch the field we simply will not be able to move the ball."
"We are limited to short passes and runs and without a home run threat we will not be competitive."

Ah, round and round we go.

CadaverDawg
10-07-2013, 04:09 PM
I remember hearing this argument with Ralph was QB.

Paraphrasing, but I remember people saying shit like this...

"Until we can stretch the field we simply will not be able to move the ball."
"We are limited to short passes and runs and without a home run threat we will not be competitive."

Ah, round and round we go.

Except Dak is 10 times the passer Relf was

SignalToNoise
10-07-2013, 04:15 PM
You don't have to explain that to me.

I'm just pointing out that I've heard this argument before.

CadaverDawg
10-07-2013, 04:30 PM
You don't have to explain that to me.

I'm just pointing out that I've heard this argument before.

Not explaining it to you, just making the observation.

Todd4State
10-07-2013, 05:17 PM
Dak will get there as a passer. But I think it will be next year- he's only a sophomore with plenty of room to grow. Having guys like Jesse Jackson is only going to help as well.

Original48
10-07-2013, 07:13 PM
Tyler might be a better pure passer, but Dak is a WAY bigger threat at quarterback. Dak's ability to run the real read option, move around in the pocket, locate multiple receivers and occasionally take off has me convinced he needs to be the man. And it will only make him that much better next year and the year after. I'm ok with bringing in Tyler but if Dak's in a groove I just don't think you mess with it.

cheewgumm
10-07-2013, 07:27 PM
I'd love to see a comparison of stats between Relph and Prescott, just for arguments sake.

Except Dak is 10 times the passer Relf was

RougeDawg
10-07-2013, 07:54 PM
It doesn't help Dak our that our wife recur vets drop passes that hit them in the numbers. Geez, some of you only look at the stats and not how the occurred. He's had a ton of dropped balls. My real question is, how can we not have at least one WR who snags every pass? We are an SEC team and don't really have a "go to" guy. Wilson may have the most dependable hands on the team, but for some reason or another he hasn't gotten thrown to much.

Had a LSU guy at work tell me he hopes he never sees Jameon play against them again. How is it other fans see it, but our own coaches can't see who needs the ball in their hands. He should get reverses and jet sweep type played at least 3-4 times a game.

State82
10-07-2013, 08:07 PM
Tyler might be a better pure passer, but Dak is a WAY bigger threat at quarterback. Dak's ability to run the real read option, move around in the pocket, locate multiple receivers and occasionally take off has me convinced he needs to be the man. And it will only make him that much better next year and the year after. I'm ok with bringing in Tyler but if Dak's in a groove I just don't think you mess with it.

You hit on it right there. They both have their assets and liabilities and I like them both. However, Dakota is a THREAT to opposing defenses that Tyler is not. That being said, I hope they both get their snaps from here on out and finish the season healthy.

sleepy dawg
10-07-2013, 11:52 PM
I'd love to see a comparison of stats between Relph and Prescott, just for arguments sake.

Stats comparing each players Sophmore season. Relf played 10 games but did not start. Dak has played 5 so far. Also, Relf did not start.

Pass Completions and Attempts are flip flopped.
http://i.imgur.com/Gj5l9pu.png?1

Todd4State
10-08-2013, 12:38 AM
I like how you had receiving yards on there for a QB.

MadDawg
10-08-2013, 08:30 AM
I like how both QB's have more completions than attempts. That's not easy to do.

Coach34
10-08-2013, 08:51 AM
I like how you had receiving yards on there for a QB.

Dak has receiving yards and has caught a TD

sleepy dawg
10-08-2013, 09:17 AM
I like how both QB's have more completions than attempts. That's not easy to do.

My mistake.

ChupacabraDawg
10-08-2013, 02:34 PM
Dak's the guy ... give it up - it took a little while but I finally gave in to the evidence myself

I like Dak going forward myself. I think he just gives us too many more options that Russell. TR can get away sometimes but this is just not the offensive for him. Mullen worked with what he could to get him in a good position but Dak just fits Dan's style way better. Russell was just too good to let go to another school.