PDA

View Full Version : Do we need to pull for Ole Miss this weekend?

Jack Lambert
04-26-2018, 10:18 AM
Looks like us and LSU are both fighting for post season.

confucius say
04-26-2018, 10:41 AM
We just need to win games. Nothing else really matters.

Hot Rock
04-26-2018, 11:04 AM
Nope, do not pull for Ole Miss.. Sorry not happening.

Either we are good enough on the field or we aren't, let the cards fall where they may.

TrapGame
04-26-2018, 11:06 AM
I will wish for their mutual destruction.

Mutt the Hoople
04-26-2018, 11:11 AM
No. When Ole Miss loses, the world is a better place.

Martianlander
04-26-2018, 11:14 AM
Nope, do not pull for Ole Miss.. Sorry not happening.

Either we are good enough on the field or we aren't, let the cards fall where they may.

+1

sleepy dawg
04-26-2018, 11:18 AM

I need Ole Miss to lose every game they play in everything ever. This applies to every scenario that has ever existed or will ever exist.

TrapGame
04-26-2018, 11:54 AM
I need Ole Miss to lose every game they play in everything ever. This applies to every scenario that has ever existed or will ever exist.

We need to make this some universal law called the Shitbird Law of Athletic Dynamics or something.

Intramural All-American
04-26-2018, 11:54 AM

It?s amazing to me to see idiotic MSU fans like this that would rather ole miss lose than state win. You are the epitome of their view of us. Congrats.

If ole miss winning helps us, by all means, go rebels. If their games have no true effect on us, screw em. We won the SEC two years ago because they did their part against A&M. Based on your logic, you wish the Aggies would have taken the title. Just wow.

msbulldog
04-26-2018, 12:05 PM
Hard (damn near impossible) for me to pull for either!

Turfdawg67
04-26-2018, 02:22 PM
https://s14.postimg.cc/4ananq7g1/5_E717757-_A90_E-45_D0-8_FAF-_DEDBCA76850_D.gif

Bulldog1
04-26-2018, 03:22 PM
Can both lose?**

sleepy dawg
04-26-2018, 03:43 PM
It?s amazing to me to see idiotic MSU fans like this that would rather ole miss lose than state win. You are the epitome of their view of us. Congrats.

If ole miss winning helps us, by all means, go rebels. If their games have no true effect on us, screw em. We won the SEC two years ago because they did their part against A&M. Based on your logic, you wish the Aggies would have taken the title. Just wow.

You are putting words into my mouth. All games have an effect, no matter how small, on everybody. I'm glad we won the title that year and I want to win every year. However, no I will not pull for, root for, cheer for, support, etc. any person, place, or thing that I despise. This isn't just about Ole Miss, that's with anything. I see them as an evil organization; this same line of thinking applies for any noun I feel that way about just like I would about the Klan, ISIS, etc. If somehow something that benefits them in turn benefits us, then I guess we got lucky, however I still will not support them because I do not intentionally support evil. And in that sense, I guess you're right about me. I would rather fail as an honest person with good intentions than I would win by supporting evil.

Since you put words into my mouth, I would assess your logic as a win at all costs. As long as it benefits us, it must be good. Well, how would you feel about covering up child rape claims like Penn St. did? They kept it covered up to help them keep winning. Your logic would support that approach b/c, you know, winning. Just wow.

Gutter Cobreh
04-26-2018, 04:23 PM
Since you put words into my mouth, I would assess your logic as a win at all costs. As long as it benefits us, it must be good. Well, how would you feel about covering up child rape claims like Penn St. did? They kept it covered up to help them keep winning. Your logic would support that approach b/c, you know, winning. Just wow.

Holy smokes, you took a rationale response from Int All-American and drove it straight to "crazy town"....

Unbelievable that you would take a rivalry debate and twist it into child rape!

Dental Dawg33
04-26-2018, 04:24 PM
I will wish for their mutual destruction.

Ding ding ding we have a winner! +1

MadDawg
04-26-2018, 04:28 PM
Holy smokes, you took a rationale response from Int All-American and drove it straight to "crazy town"....

Simmer down. Yeah he went way over the top, but he has a point. Sometimes people make over the top comparisons to show the ridiculousness in that line of thinking. Don't get bogged down in the over-the-top reference to lose sight of the overall point.

Goldendawg
04-26-2018, 05:40 PM
Cannot pull for UNM in anything. Told my soon to be 81 year old Baptist Momma that if UNM was playing the University of Hades, I would not only pull for the U of Hades, but could pray for forgiveness afterward and God would certainly understand.** Hail State!

sleepy dawg
04-26-2018, 06:16 PM
Simmer down. Yeah he went way over the top, but he has a point. Sometimes people make over the top comparisons to show the ridiculousness in that line of thinking. Don't get bogged down in the over-the-top reference to lose sight of the overall point.

Thanks MadDawg. It was over the top and I knew it was when I posted it. It even earned me a reduction in reputation thanks to Millard Feel More. I just did to his point what he did to mine. Completely changed the intent of the statement by adding on ridiculous comparisons.

sleepy dawg
04-26-2018, 06:29 PM

Also, define rationale. At no point did I make any claim that I would rather see Ole Miss lose more than I would like to see MSU win. That is irrationally twisting my words to then use as the basis for his point. He then further stretched to say that I pulled against MSU "winning" in a game MSU did not even play in. Last time I checked, wins come from games you are actually in. Otherwise you get folks winning at things that aren't even competitions like how some teams win at arbitrary recruiting titles even how Charlie Sheen wins at life.

Champions don't sit around wishing and praying for other teams to win, they go out and win the damn things themselves. If we didn't win the conference championship that year then we should've won more games. It wouldn't have been A&Ms fault for not winning 1 game anymore than it was to the credit of Ole Miss for us winning that championship. They played a whole schedule of games just like we did.

yjnkdawg
04-26-2018, 06:59 PM
I definitely want whatever is best for our athletic programs, and I have pulled for OM, in the past, when it would benefit one of our athletic programs. However it is very difficult to pull for that bunch, with the arrogance, "I'm better than you mentality"., and all the other crap that goes on up there.

shannondawg
04-26-2018, 07:08 PM
Never have, never will.

Activated Alpha
04-26-2018, 07:46 PM
How can you pull for a shitbird when that bird will always shit on you at every opportunity?

Offshore Dawg
04-26-2018, 08:21 PM
<17> ole miss

QuadrupleOption
04-26-2018, 10:19 PM

We won the SEC title two years ago because we won more games than anyone else in the SEC. Ole Miss had jack shit to do with our SEC title. Getting swept by Florida and dropping games to every SEC West team (except us) is what cost them the title.

You sound like one of those Clarion Ledger douches when you type stuff like that.

Intramural All-American
04-26-2018, 11:49 PM
Also, define rationale. At no point did I make any claim that I would rather see Ole Miss lose more than I would like to see MSU win. That is irrationally twisting my words to then use as the basis for his point. He then further stretched to say that I pulled against MSU "winning" in a game MSU did not even play in. Last time I checked, wins come from games you are actually in. Otherwise you get folks winning at things that aren't even competitions like how some teams win at arbitrary recruiting titles even how Charlie Sheen wins at life.

Champions don't sit around wishing and praying for other teams to win, they go out and win the damn things themselves. If we didn't win the conference championship that year then we should've won more games. It wouldn't have been A&Ms fault for not winning 1 game anymore than it was to the credit of Ole Miss for us winning that championship. They played a whole schedule of games just like we did.

Rational response: you said there was no scenario you would ever pull for Ole Miss. in 2016, with 3 games remaining, we needed ole miss to win one game against A&M and us sweep Arkansas for us to win the SEC outright. So based on your own admission (never want ole miss to win), you wanted A&M to win all three games and at worst share with us and get the number 1 seed due to tiebreaker. So logically, and rationally speaking based on your comments, you would rather ole miss lose 3 baseball games, than us win the SEC championship. It?s very simple. If you can?t get over your hatred for them, for our benefit, are you really a true MSU fan?

At the beginning of the season, I won?t ole miss to lose every game in a vacuum. However, if it comes down to a specific situation where them winning helps us, it?s idiotic to not want them to win.

Intramural All-American
04-26-2018, 11:52 PM
We won the SEC title two years ago because we won more games than anyone else in the SEC. Ole Miss had jack shit to do with our SEC title. Getting swept by Florida and dropping games to every SEC West team (except us) is what cost them the title.

You sound like one of those Clarion Ledger douches when you type stuff like that.

You’re an idiot. One of those games they dropped was to guess who, ole miss. If they win that game, they win SEC. On the last day of the season, we needed Ole miss to win and us to win. Are you going to deny that fact? So are you going to sit here and tell me that in that exact situation, you wanted ole miss to lose?

Todd4State
04-27-2018, 12:51 AM
First of all- as far as this season goes I would suspect that Ole Miss losing would probably be good for us in that they are ahead of us in the standings.

The way I look at it if we are in a situation where we need Ole Miss to win to help us- I kind of view that as a win/win situation. First choice would be for Ole Miss to win so that we could get a title or whatever it is. But if they lose- well, at least Ole Miss lost so there's that.

The only real downside is you know the Clarion-Ledger is going to point out ad nauseum that we won because Ole Miss "helped" us. Just like 2016. Although after that ridiculous "Nashville did it" excuse and the backlash that ensued they will probably think twice about doing that next time.

starkvegasdawg
04-27-2018, 01:08 AM
17 em hard and dry with a rusty crowbar.

Pit Bull
04-27-2018, 02:44 AM

....it appears to me both have relatively easy paths and both will likely along with the Gators, be national seeds. Florida looks almost unbeatable at times. I think they repeat as CWS Champions. Just don't see anyone else who can beat them 2 out of 3 like what will be required in the CWS Championship. Way to deep in pitching and plenty of power.

QuadrupleOption
04-27-2018, 08:49 AM
You?re an idiot. One of those games they dropped was to guess who, ole miss. If they win that game, they win SEC. On the last day of the season, we needed Ole miss to win and us to win. Are you going to deny that fact? So are you going to sit here and tell me that in that exact situation, you wanted ole miss to lose?

Hey dipshit, if they don't drop ANY of the games they dropped to every other team they lost games to they win the SEC. Why the hell should Ole Miss get ANY credit for OUR title? They were 10% responsible for A&M's SEC losses that year. So were LSU, Arkansas, Auburn, and Alabama. That's baseball.

Giving TSUN credit for OUR championship is stupid and if you think that's why we won the SEC then you are the idiot, not me.

sleepy dawg
04-27-2018, 09:07 AM
Hey dipshit, if they don't drop ANY of the games they dropped to every other team they lost games to they win the SEC. Why the hell should Ole Miss get ANY credit for OUR title? They were 10% responsible for A&M's SEC losses that year. So were LSU, Arkansas, Auburn, and Alabama. That's baseball.

Giving TSUN credit for OUR championship is stupid and if you think that's why we won the SEC then you are the idiot, not me.

THANK YOU! Jeez. He is doing the exact thing the Clarion Ledger did and part of the reason we can't even link to them anymore.

If my hatred for Ole Miss makes me not a State fan, then I don't know what to say either. I guess we leave each other dumbfounded Intramural.

shannondawg
04-27-2018, 09:59 AM
Rational response: you said there was no scenario you would ever pull for Ole Miss. in 2016, with 3 games remaining, we needed ole miss to win one game against A&M and us sweep Arkansas for us to win the SEC outright. So based on your own admission (never want ole miss to win), you wanted A&M to win all three games and at worst share with us and get the number 1 seed due to tiebreaker. So logically, and rationally speaking based on your comments, you would rather ole miss lose 3 baseball games, than us win the SEC championship. It?s very simple. If you can?t get over your hatred for them, for our benefit, are you really a true MSU fan?

At the beginning of the season, I won?t ole miss to lose every game in a vacuum. However, if it comes down to a specific situation where them winning helps us, it?s idiotic to not want them to win.

Do you really think that our wishing ole miss to lose or win has anything to do with what happens. I stand by my never have, never will post.

Cause if wishing had anything to do with it, they would be div II and dropping the big three, baseball, football and basketball.

was21
04-27-2018, 12:44 PM
Not yes but hell yeah

Commercecomet24
04-27-2018, 01:55 PM

+ infinity. Rep given!

Intramural All-American
04-27-2018, 02:04 PM
Y’all are some ignorant people, and none of y’all have answered my question.

On the last day of the season in 2016, would you rather ole miss win and we win the SEC championship, or would you rather ole miss lose, meaning that we do not win the SEC championship? Based on what you have said, you would rather us not win the SEC championship, which is baffling to me that you would choose ole miss’ demise over our success.

And I’m not saying ole miss is the reason we won because it was a long season, but on the 30th game of he season, we needed their assistance, and I was 100% pulling for hem to beat A&M.

Bulldog1
04-27-2018, 03:23 PM
I will never root for ole miss. I may root against who they're playing, but I will NEVER root for ole miss.

Offshore Dawg
04-27-2018, 04:25 PM
I will never root for ole miss. I may root against who they're playing, but I will NEVER root for ole miss.

Now this is the best way to approach this subject. But in case diplomacy fails "<17>" ole miss.

sleepy dawg
04-27-2018, 05:10 PM
Y?all are some ignorant people, and none of y?all have answered my question.

On the last day of the season in 2016, would you rather ole miss win and we win the SEC championship, or would you rather ole miss lose, meaning that we do not win the SEC championship? Based on what you have said, you would rather us not win the SEC championship, which is baffling to me that you would choose ole miss? demise over our success.

And I?m not saying ole miss is the reason we won because it was a long season, but on the 30th game of he season, we needed their assistance, and I was 100% pulling for hem to beat A&M.

Because nobody wants to play your "would you rather game". Would you blank your mother to save your father's life? Before you tell me how irrational I am being over your very rational response (because you are the most rational person ever), this is how your questions sound to us. Your answer is either "YES, who wouldn't, obvious". -OR- It's a "I would never do that to my mom" kind of answer. In the end, nobody wants to do something they hate or even acknowledge the notion of such.

Is this an extreme example? Yes. Maybe something like this is better.. Would you chop off your finger for $100000? There's all types of bad scenarios where something good may come of them. I can be happy something good happened without having to pull for or support something bad to happening first. You apparently cannot separate the 2. Just b/c I'm glad some good thing happened doesn't mean I was also pulling for a bad thing to happen just so my good thing could happen.

And by the way, I did want us to win the Championship. I did watch the Ole Miss/A&M game. I was happy after Ole Miss won, but I still wasn't pulling for them. I also get how this might not add up logically to you, but sometimes passion and fandom doesn't follow logic. Sometimes you just go with what you feel and I feel like I want us to succeed and I want them to fail.

Commercecomet24
04-27-2018, 06:10 PM

Well said, Sir!

MagicDawg
04-27-2018, 06:54 PM
My sports "rooting" rules:
1. Mississippi State should always win, every game, every sport, preferably in a dominating shut-out of the other team. This is the first and greatest sports commandment.
2. Our rival should always lose, every game, every sport, embarrassingly, except in a situation where a win benefits Mississippi State, and even then it should be a painful, struggling, low-scoring affair resulting in a meager and hollow victory.
3. The choice of which team or athlete to support in any other contest is based solely on what outcome best serves Mississippi State. If there is no benefit either way, root for schools most like Mississippi State in character, mission, and attitude. Land grant universities, engineering schools, underdogs, salt-of-the-earth reputations are a benefit. Known connections to our rival or prominent families associated with that school are automatic disqualifiers.