PDA

View Full Version : Jeffrey Simmons' 2019 Draft Stock Gaining Steam

ShotgunDawg
04-25-2018, 10:46 PM
The Pro Football Focus guy just called him a top 10 pick while responding to Cole Cubelic's video.

https://twitter.com/colecubelic/status/989346976633425920

I can't wait to watch that D-line do work this Fall. Has a chance to be one of those memorable position units in MSU history.

Miller & Walker
Smoot & Bean
Pork Chop and Randy Thomas
Dak,J Rob, and DeRunnya
Etc

Todd4State
04-25-2018, 10:51 PM
I could see that. I'm not expecting him back next year because the guy is a beast.

msu15
04-26-2018, 07:51 AM
The Pro Football Focus guy just called him a top 10 pick while responding to Cole Cubelic's video.

https://twitter.com/colecubelic/status/989346976633425920

I can't wait to watch that D-line do work this Fall. Has a chance to be one of those memorable position units in MSU history.
Pork Chop and Randy Thomas

Man I did not appreciate those guys like I should have as a youngster.

BrunswickDawg
04-26-2018, 08:18 AM
This dL is going to be relentless. I think we see some games where we just shut down other teams. Like 3 points and 150 yards of offense shut down. I'm really stoked about this group.

MetEdDawg
04-26-2018, 08:18 AM
I think both him and Sweat are 1st round potential guys. Sweat is going to have to be more disruptive to get there. Not necessarily have more sacks, but affect more plays. Get the QB out of the pocket, blow up some more plays in the run game or free up someone else to make a play. If he can do a little more of that (he did a good amount of that last year) he's gonna be a first rounder.

Jack Lambert
04-26-2018, 08:37 AM
I could see that. I'm not expecting him back next year because the guy is a beast.

It's amazing how Bama can get guys to come back.

BB30
04-26-2018, 08:45 AM
It's amazing how Bama can get guys to come back.

Eh, they don't get juniors that are 1st round talents back or 2nd/3rd rounders very often. They just have so many guys that are that good, they can't all get on the field at once. Also have a ton of guys step up the following year.

I mean they sign 3-4 guys every class that have Jeffrey Simmons type hype. When you do that you are setting yourself up for some stupid numbers as far as draft guys go and having guys step in.

chef dixon
04-26-2018, 09:27 AM
Potential to be the best player in CFB

Dawgfan61
04-26-2018, 10:05 AM
If any of our guys can definitely go in rounds 1 or 2 they should go. If they get a round 3 grade, its iffy because its really easy to drop to the 4th round and so on from there.

somebodyshotmypaw
04-26-2018, 10:08 AM
Good offenses can wear a defensive line out. The big boys up front on defense can't handle it. They do it with tempo (go fast like the Freeze offense), or they do it by pounding that ass and running 10-15 play drives (MSU offense last year). That is one thing that makes our D-Line special. We are so deep, you aren't going to wear us out. We have too many quality bodies that we can rotate. Plus we are good enough to prevent the long, exhausting drives. We should have a lot of defensive series that go 6 plays or less.

the_real_MSU_is_us
04-26-2018, 10:56 AM
How many guys do y'all think we get drafted this year? I got Simmons mid 1st, Sweat early 2nd, Abrams and McLaurin both going in the 5th-7th, and Jenkins in that range as well. Could definately see Calhoun going late too. Not sure about Rivers (he'd need 3rd round grade or higher) or Green.

I doubt one of the LBs breaks out enough to leave. Peter's may get drafted on measurable alone. Williams will get picked up as a UDFA. Fitz will get drafted but it's hard to know where till we see if his passing improved.

So I've got 4-5 defenders and 2-3 on O getting drafted. What do you guys think?

Ifyouonlyknew
04-26-2018, 10:59 AM
No doubt

Simmons
Sweat
Fitzgerald
Jenkins

Good Shot

Aeris
McLaurin
Abram

Need Good Seasons

Calhoun
Thomas
Green
Peters

04-26-2018, 11:05 AM
Good offenses can wear a defensive line out. The big boys up front on defense can't handle it. They do it with tempo (go fast like the Freeze offense), or they do it by pounding that ass and running 10-15 play drives (MSU offense last year). That is one thing that makes our D-Line special. We are so deep, you aren't going to wear us out. We have too many quality bodies that we can rotate. Plus we are good enough to prevent the long, exhausting drives. We should have a lot of defensive series that go 6 plays or less.

Works the other way too, good DLs shut down fast paced offenses, and end up wearing down the opposing teams' defense

A dominant DL is absolutely the answer to how to stop a spread tempo offense....you throttle them

somebodyshotmypaw
04-26-2018, 11:31 AM
Works the other way too, good DLs shut down fast paced offenses, and end up wearing down the opposing teams' defense

A dominant DL is absolutely the answer to how to stop a spread tempo offense....you throttle them

Absolutely agree. Bama has had tons of success with that over the years. Bama's offense would go on a 12 play drive and wear out the opposing defense. But then the Bama defense would force a 3-and-out, which would put the opponent's worn out defense right back on the field with very little rest.