PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe dawgs RPI is at 37 and we r projected 3 seed in Corvallis.

99jc
04-25-2018, 03:31 PM
We need to take 2 this weekend.

msstate7
04-25-2018, 03:44 PM
I will take any regional we can get. Pilk and small make us extremely dangerous in anyone's regional

Bulldog1
04-25-2018, 03:47 PM
I will take any regional we can get. Pilk and small make us extremely dangerous in anyone's regional

Especially if our offense keeps it up.

Todd4State
04-25-2018, 04:25 PM
I can't believe it either. Last night we had a good combination of beating Ole Miss and one of our former tier four losses- McNeese State got their RPI up into the 130's making them a tier three which is why we made a big jump last night. Technically as of now we have four bad losses still but three of those are on the road. I have to believe at this point if we have a winning record we're getting in. 13 SEC wins will probably do it and 14 will probably make us a lock. The good news for us is the rest of the season all of our games are against current tier one teams except for tier two Alabama which is on the road. Troy could certainly drop from 42 to below 50 potentially but I can't see them dropping past tier two unless they collapse. At any rate, my point is it's basically almost impossible for us to have any bad losses the rest of the season so we're basically playing with house money at this point and just have to win enough to have a winning record. Another reason why I think we will get in is because we are playing better.

You never know what the committee is going to do but it wouldn't surprise me if they show us some leniency because of our road schedule and the situation with Cann. Especially if we finish strong and of course again have a winning season. Our record right now against tier one is 8-11 which is decent. It would be good to have a winning record in tier one and we have a chance to do that at this point.

Todd4State
04-25-2018, 04:27 PM

I think France could be a wild card if Henderson will use him. But....Henderson-ing.

We need to get Blake Smith back on track too. JB has come up big in big games before as well.

Commercecomet24
04-25-2018, 04:31 PM
These players have shown once again why you let it play out. It's a long season and they've never quit and worked their butts off to get better. Real credit to the leaders on this team and the staff, especially Jake. Now just need to finish strong!

Bulldog1
04-25-2018, 04:32 PM
I think France could be a wild card if Henderson will use him. But....Henderson-ing.

We need to get Blake Smith back on track too. JB has come up big in big games before as well.

France should be in rotation. Hendersoning says no, though. Bulldog1ing says France should be in rotation.

Todd4State
04-25-2018, 04:46 PM
France should be in rotation. Hendersoning says no, though. Bulldog1ing says France should be in rotation.

I'd definitely give it a shot. If we start France last night- we still win but it's a lot less exciting.

Commercecomet24
04-25-2018, 04:49 PM
France needs to start and if he's not starting he needs to be the 100% closer. His stuff is nasty and dominant.

confucius say
04-25-2018, 05:04 PM
I'm fine with leaving France in the pen, if Henderson will use him correctly. Right now, he has to be your number one option out of the pen.

BrunswickDawg
04-25-2018, 05:26 PM
These players have shown once again why you let it play out. It's a long season and they've never quit and worked their butts off to get better. Real credit to the leaders on this team and the staff, especially Jake. Now just need to finish strong!
This team reminds me a lot of the 2011 team - caught fire in April/May, got in as a 3 seed in Atlanta, won, and played that great series at Florida that came so close to getting us to Omaha.

HoopsDawg
04-25-2018, 05:31 PM
I'm fine with leaving France in the pen, if Henderson will use him correctly. Right now, he has to be your number one option out of the pen.

Yes! If he can go 2 or 3 on Friday and 2 or 3 on Sunday I'm ok with keeping him in the pen but he needs to be numero uno in any tight situation from here on out.

Leroy Jenkins
04-25-2018, 05:53 PM
Maybe "hold my beer Henderson" will sleep through the next few weeks and give us a shot.

I apologize, that was mean. Lord be with the starving Pygmies down in New Guinea.

HoopsDawg
04-25-2018, 06:07 PM
Maybe "hold my beer Henderson" will sleep through the next few weeks and give us a shot.

Let's just hope he keeps Mac, Rowdey, Gilbert, Foscue and Westburg in the lineup.

If he brings in France to start the 9th in game 3 vs Mizzou and brings in France in game 3 vs AU we are probably sitting at 10-8, first in the SECW, and not on the bubble. I'm just glad our bats are starting to warm up. 9 hits last night plus a couple of other hard hit balls like Tanner Allen's that got caught at the wall.