PDA

View Full Version : Paul Jones article on Jesse Jackson

CadaverDawg
10-07-2013, 02:29 PM
Nice write up, Paul.

http://mississippistate.247sports.com/Article/2014-prospect-Jesse-Jackson-talks-MSU-decision-153595

Looks like Elijah was a factor in Jesse committing. Jesse seems like he has a good head on his shoulders, and seems to be that MSU type of player that will grind. Happy to have this guy on board. Welcome, Jesse.

FlabLoser
10-07-2013, 02:39 PM
I'll say what I said over there.. JJ has been coached by Todd Pinkston, so he probably has some developed WR skills instead of being a guy that si raw and will take a while to catch one. Also, he wants to be an engineering major - so maybe he is a smart kid too. I like his intangibles.

CadaverDawg
10-07-2013, 03:03 PM
I'll say what I said over there.. JJ has been coached by Todd Pinkston, so he probably has some developed WR skills instead of being a guy that si raw and will take a while to catch one. Also, he wants to be an engineering major - so maybe he is a smart kid too. I like his intangibles.

I agree with everyone you just said. Also, he is coming in as a "good blocker" which is rare for a talented WR coming out of high school. We will need those good downfield blocking WR's, and that will move him up the depth chart quicker once he arrives. I have already been super impressed with De'Runnya Wilson's blocking, and with dual threat QB's for the next several years...those WR blocks can help turn 10 yard gains into long TD's like Dak's first TD against LSU