PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft - who do you think CLE takes and will Lamar Jackson be good?

Irondawg
04-25-2018, 10:53 AM
I think they're going to end of taking Mayfield because NY loves Darnold, but supposedly not the other guys. If they let him go, they probably get Barkley at 4.

I'm not sure who the best QB to come out of the draft is. My opinion of Mayfield went up after the CFB playoffs. Allen is crapshoot and Darnold seems to have a lot of Matt Leinhart in him.

Meanwhile people ooze of Lamar Jackson's potential and what Watson did is probably elevating that. But is he better coming out than RGIII was and look where he is today.

bulldawg28
04-25-2018, 11:02 AM
Cleveland needs to get Barkley and Mayfield however they can do it

msstate7
04-25-2018, 11:09 AM
The saints had such an unbelievable draft last season that I fully expect them to take Jackson to pay the draft gods back. I don't think Jackson turns out to be very good

MetEdDawg
04-25-2018, 11:09 AM
If they don't take Saquon Barkley number 1 they are really really stupid. If they want to draft a QB at #4, go ahead. But you better get Barkley up front or someone else will come up and get him before #4 comes around. I still think they should wait and get a QB next year. They have Tyrod Taylor and he's good enough for the next 2 years. Get another elite player on defense or offense in a position that is less volatile to rookies and see what happens. Does Bradley Chubb fall to #4? How good of a draft would Barkley and Chubb be? That's immediate impact that can change your team. One of these QBs isn't doing that year 1 with this team I don't think.

Lamar Jackson is going to be a poor mans Michael Vick. His speed will be impressive, until people figure him out. He's not a good passer and never has been. Lot of one read stuff where guys are open. That's not going to happen in the NFL.

ShotgunDawg
04-25-2018, 11:12 AM
- I don't get the Darnold love. Every time I watched the guy this season, he sucked. I get he has tools, but he sucks & lacks instincts for football.

- Lamar Jackson is not an NFL QB.

- Rosen is Tony Romo. Take him

- Mayfield is an adequate NFL starter. Take him.

- I don't know WTF Josh Allen is

- Barkley is really good. Take him

Bulldog1
04-25-2018, 11:37 AM
I don't know who the Cowboys will draft. I'm sure Jerry will make the wrong choice.

louisvilledawg
04-25-2018, 11:56 AM
- I don't get the Darnold love. Every time I watched the guy this season, he sucked. I get he has tools, but he sucks & lacks instincts for football.

- Lamar Jackson is not an NFL QB.

- Rosen is Tony Romo. Take him

- Mayfield is an adequate NFL starter. Take him.

- I don't know WTF Josh Allen is

- Barkley is really good. Take him

Don't understand the Lamar hate. I think he has potential to be a fine NFL qb.

His stats compared to Josh Rosen:

Completion Percentage:
Lamar 57%
Rosen 60%

Yards per attempt:
Lamar 8.3
Rosen 8.0

TD/Int Ratio:
Lamar 69/27
Josh Rosen 59/26

Size:
Lamar 6'3 211*
Rosen 6'4 218*

I think he can sit a few years and develop. I think he'll be fine.

Dawg61
04-25-2018, 12:10 PM
Cleveland needs to get Barkley and Mayfield however they can do it

This is exactly what I'd do but I wouldn't of traded for Taylor and given Landry $70 mill either so Cleveland will **** this draft up like always.

Cary Hudson's little bro
04-25-2018, 12:12 PM
MSU Draftees next year IMO if they all come out:

1st round - Sweat, Simmons
2nd round - Nick Fitz, Chauncey Rivers
3rd or 4th round - Gerri Green, Brian Cole, Cory Thomas, Elgton Jenkins, Marquiss Spencer
5th or 6th round - Aeris, Jon Abram, Leo Lewis, Deion Calhoun

Free Agents - Jamal Peters, Mark McLaurin, Justin Johnson, Daryl Williams, Chris Rayford

msstate7
04-25-2018, 12:20 PM

3rd or 4th round - Gerri Green, Brian Cole, Cory Thomas, Elgton Jenkins, Marquiss Spencer

Free Agents - Jamal Peters, Mark McLaurin, Justin Johnson, Daryl Williams, Chris Rayford

13 draft picks? Sounds pretty optimistic

louisvilledawg
04-25-2018, 12:27 PM

May just be me, but i don't think Aeris or Cory will get drafted. Obviously hope i'm wrong, though.

Cary Hudson's little bro
04-25-2018, 12:29 PM
May just be me, but i don't think Aeris or Cory will get drafted. Obviously hope i'm wrong, though.

Cory either finds a sense of urgency this season or ends up just "a guy"

Cary Hudson's little bro
04-25-2018, 12:31 PM
13 draft picks? Sounds pretty optimistic

yeah, 13 is a lot...not much difference in 5th-6th round and free agent. Got my maroon glasses on

HoopsDawg
04-25-2018, 12:55 PM
Take Barkely #1 and Chubb #4. Roll with Tyrod Taylor for one year and then sign Nick Foles. He's better than all these scrub QB's.

Big4Dawg
04-25-2018, 01:07 PM
Cleveland will take Darnold & Chubb.

They don't need Barkley. RBs are very replaceable in the NFL.

There is no f'ing way Barkley will go #1. Sorry guys.

ShotgunDawg
04-25-2018, 01:09 PM

But Darnold stinks

Did anyone watch him or USC last year?

This is what I don't get. A marginal football player has been made into a star due to the draft.

smootness
04-25-2018, 01:14 PM
The all-time record for most draft picks from one school in a given year is 14. So I feel confident we won't get 13.

Simmons should be a 1st round pick, Sweat will likely go in the top 2 rounds if he has another year similar to next year. I could see quite a few more being drafted, but you just don't know. And some of these guys don't post the kind of workout numbers you might guess. Somebody like Brian Cole, for instance, may seem like a heck of an athlete and then run a 4.65 40 and have no shot.

I think we'll end up with around 6-8 draft picks, which is stinking impressive.

Big4Dawg
04-25-2018, 01:14 PM
But Darnold stinks

Did anyone watch him or USC last year?

This is what I don't get. A marginal football player has been made into a star due to the draft.

USC was really bad. Poor OL and WRs were pretty bad. So 1/2 of it wasn't his fault. He will be a good NFL QB if the Browns can work on his coach-able flaws. He can make any throw he wants.

ShotgunDawg
04-25-2018, 01:19 PM
USC was really bad. Poor OL and WRs were pretty bad. So 1/2 of it wasn't his fault. He will be a good NFL QB if the Browns can work on his coach-able flaws. He can make any throw he wants.

I don't know man. I'm not sure he processes well or has the instincts for it.

USC has a 5 year recruiting average of 5th in the country. Regardless of how bad you say they were, they were WAY more talented than anyone else in their conference.

I just don't see it & personally think you're making excuses for a player that had the better talent on his team every time he took the field

Big4Dawg
04-25-2018, 01:22 PM
I don't know man. I'm not sure he processes well or has the instincts for it.

USC has a 5 year recruiting average of 5th in the country. Regardless of how bad you say they were, they were WAY more talented than anyone else in their conference.

I just don't see it & personally think you're making excuses for a player that had the better talent on his team every time he took the field

We'll see. There is a reason he is about to get drafted the top pick though.

thf24
04-25-2018, 01:30 PM
When is the last time a USC QB had even a marginally good career? Carson Palmer? I realize it's tough for any QB to make it big in the NFL, but the media seems to latch onto and place on a pedestal every USC QB with an ounce of pro potential, for no other reason than they're from USC, and scouts/teams get swept up in the frenzy. It's tough for me to believe Darnold is going to break that mold after almost 20 years of over-hyped USC QB's.

ShotgunDawg
04-25-2018, 01:37 PM

Doesn't mean he'd good though

Cary Hudson's little bro
04-25-2018, 01:45 PM

Darnold is the youngest player in the draft. He'll improve. He's already good enough to go #1.

ShotgunDawg
04-25-2018, 02:07 PM
Darnold is the youngest player in the draft. He'll improve. He's already good enough to go #1.

You may absolutely be right, but I'm not sure how excited I'd be about risking a #1 overall daft pick on "He'll improve" when he just led the country in turnovers while QBing a team that had more talent on the field than anyone they played

Coldsleeve Jr.
04-25-2018, 02:07 PM
I agree Barkley won't go #1. I'd prob take Mayfiekd then Barkley 4th

bulldawg28
04-25-2018, 02:21 PM

Barkley is not the average RB

bulldawg28
04-25-2018, 02:23 PM
This is exactly what I'd do but I wouldn't of traded for Taylor and given Landry $70 mill either so Cleveland will **** this draft up like always.

Hopefully they fix this. It has to end sometime, right?

Quaoarsking
04-25-2018, 02:32 PM
Agree with Barkley #1 and Chubb #4. Dont gamble on a potential busts and take these 2 probable pro bowlers

Get a QB in a later round and if he works out great, otherwise try again later.

Big4Dawg
04-25-2018, 02:42 PM
Agree with Barkley #1 and Chubb #4. Dont gamble on a potential busts and take these 2 probable pro bowlers

Get a QB in a later round and if he works out great, otherwise try again later.

They have passed on Wentz and Watson the last 2 years. There is on way they are waiting on a QB.

Big4Dawg
04-25-2018, 02:43 PM
Barkley is not the average RB

Either is LeVeon Bell. And the Steelers are refusing to pay him. It's easy to find RBs and the Browns have two adequate ones.

bulldawg28
04-25-2018, 03:12 PM
Either is LeVeon Bell. And the Steelers are refusing to pay him. It's easy to find RBs and the Browns have two adequate ones.

Refusing to pay him? He signed a tag for 12 million last year and set for 14 million this year. I'd say he's being paid nicely.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-25-2018, 03:34 PM
Mayfield has bust written all over him imo. I'm not saying Lamar will kill it but he's just as good as any other QB in this draft. All of the top QB's seem incredibly risky.

parabrave
04-25-2018, 03:36 PM
I don't know who the Cowboys will draft. I'm sure Jerry will make the wrong choice.

Calvin Ridley would be a good start.

Cary Hudson's little bro
04-25-2018, 04:12 PM
Calvin Ridley would be a good start.

I bet the Cowboys take DT's Da'ron Payne or Taven Bryan first then 2 WR's after that.

Cary Hudson's little bro
04-25-2018, 04:17 PM
Mayfield has bust written all over him imo. I'm not saying Lamar will kill it but he's just as good as any other QB in this draft. All of the top QB's seem incredibly risky.

I think Darnold is the only one that will not bust out of the "top 4"

Rosen has had two concussions. No one talks about that...Mayfield will never grow up and it'll cost him in the NFL, Josh Allen needs two years as a backup and prob won't get it. He is just like Steve McNair!

Lamar Jackson will be Kordell Stewart or Michael Vick. Not a super bowl winner, but still awesome.

somebodyshotmypaw
04-25-2018, 07:18 PM

No. Tremaine Edmunds is about eleven months younger than Darnold. And projected as a first rounder.

Darnold - June 5, 1997
Edmunds - May 2, 1998

somebodyshotmypaw
04-25-2018, 07:27 PM
Lamar Jackson is a great runner. But can he run smartly? To survive in the NFL, you have to run smartly. Dak, Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers, all run smartly. RG3 did not. You have to pick your spots and know when to get down, throw it away, etc.

I'm not a Lamar Jackson fan as a first rounder.

Tbonewannabe
04-25-2018, 09:38 PM

LeVeon Bell is holding out because he is basically their #1 RB and #2 WR and he wants to be paid like it. Sammy Watkins is getting 16 Mil and probably doesn't have as many receiving yards. You can get an ok RB but elite RBs still have huge impacts. Gurley, Fournette, and Zeke all mean more to their team than any position that isn't a QB. Fournette is actually the most important position on the Jags offense. I think Barkley has that type of impact because not only is he an every down back but is also one of the better return men in the draft.

If I was the Browns, take Barkley #1 because the Giants will take him if he is there at #2. Then you can still get a great QB at #4 if you want or you can pick Chubb then possibly trade back into the 1st if a QB is still there a little later. The Browns could always pick up someone like Mason Rudolph in the 2nd, shout out to Dickey for that thought or possibly Lamar Jackson.

The Browns will have a possibly good pick at #4 for a QB if the guy is there that they like. You could probably get Mayfield or possibly Allen if the Giants take Darnold and Jets take Rosen. Knowing the Browns they will take Allen who ends up as a bust then the Giants take Barkley which leads Eli to his 3rd superbowl. I really don't want the Giants to get him. If they have a game breaker at RB to go with OBJ then Eli would have to throw a lot of interceptions to keep that offense from kicking ass. That would rival the Steelers Killer Bs.

BuckyIsAB****
04-25-2018, 09:47 PM
They are stupid if they take any of the QBs at 1 or 4. Take Saquan Barkley and Bradley Chubb and ride with Tyrod or take the best QB thats there later on if you feel like you have to draft one.

Tyrod Taylor will be the best QB the browns have had since Bernie Kosar

Big4Dawg
04-25-2018, 09:58 PM
Refusing to pay him? He signed a tag for 12 million last year and set for 14 million this year. I'd say he's being paid nicely.

Franchise Tag...because they don?t want to pay him what he?s asking.

Big4Dawg
04-25-2018, 10:03 PM
They are stupid if they take any of the QBs at 1 or 4. Take Saquan Barkley and Bradley Chubb and ride with Tyrod or take the best QB thats there later on if you feel like you have to draft one.

Tyrod Taylor will be the best QB the browns have had since Bernie Kosar

That would be franchise suicide to not draft a QB. Tyrod is a year place-holder. They’ve traded back 2 years in a row for this year. Draft whatever QB you think is best. This is the best QB class in the last 10 years.

yjnkdawg
04-25-2018, 10:14 PM
Lamar Jackson is a great runner. But can he run smartly? To survive in the NFL, you have to run smartly. Dak, Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers, all run smartly. RG3 did not. You have to pick your spots and know when to get down, throw it away, etc.

I'm not a Lamar Jackson fan as a first rounder.

I saw where one NFL Analyst said that it is possible he could slip into the first round depending on teams' strategies, and if it played out just right, but more so being picked up in the second round, which seems more feasible.

Dallas_Dawg
04-25-2018, 10:47 PM
Latest rumor is that Cleveland will choose between Mayfield and Allen at 1.
Which brings me to another question...
Does anyone remember a year when the number 1 pick wasn't already known in the day before the draft?
Leads me to believe that Cleveland is about to Cleveland it all up

ShotgunDawg
04-25-2018, 10:54 PM
Latest rumor is that Cleveland will choose between Mayfield and Allen at 1.
Which brings me to another question...
Does anyone remember a year when the number 1 pick wasn't already known in the day before the draft?
Leads me to believe that Cleveland is about to Cleveland it all up

Come on mane

Cleveland has known who they are taking for at least 2 weeks.

All the noise you hear is artificial BS made up by the media to increase interest. It's literally made up BS about nothing. The draft is a boring event that is given artificial drama and story lines to increase interest.

msstate7
04-25-2018, 11:09 PM
Come on mane

Cleveland has known who they are taking for at least 2 weeks.

All the noise you hear is artificial BS made up by the media to increase interest. It's literally made up BS about nothing. The draft is a boring event that is given artificial drama and story lines to increase interest.

I love the nfl draft. Isn't boring to me

Big4Dawg
04-25-2018, 11:32 PM
I saw where one NFL Analyst said that it is possible he could slip into the first round depending on teams' strategies, and if it played out just right, but more so being picked up in the second round, which seems more feasible.

Lamar will be drafted in top 20 picks. No way he falls to 2nd

bulldawg28
04-26-2018, 08:30 AM
Franchise Tag...because they don?t want to pay him what he?s asking.

He's asking for $14 million a year and they're tagging him at $14million a year. He's getting his request.

Jack Lambert
04-26-2018, 08:33 AM
Double post

Jack Lambert
04-26-2018, 08:35 AM
I just don't think the NFL GM's know how to evaluate QB's. They are consistently looking for the next Tom Brady. It is killing them. If I was going to pick a QB who might be the next tom Brady it would Josh Allen but if I wanted a Bret Farve gunslinger it would be Mayfield. You could do the the Cowboys did two years ago and wait and maybe catch lighting in a bottle.

BB30
04-26-2018, 08:41 AM
They have passed on Wentz and Watson the last 2 years. There is on way they are waiting on a QB.

Being a Browns fan, I assure you after passing on them they will select a QB this year early and he will be an absolute bust. I have been a Browns fan since I was 12 and have yet to see them make the correct decision. It has honestly been harder being a Browns fan than it was growing up a Bulldog fan through the end of the Jackie era and all of the Croom years. I have zero confidence that they will do the right logical thing.

It is mind boggling how many head scratching drafts they have had. You would think by shear luck they would pick a stud at some point. Even perceived good picks never work out for them.

Irondawg
04-26-2018, 08:55 AM
If you are the Browns do you consider trading the #1 to someone like the Bills for their 1st 2 picks and maybe a 1st next year. If your evaluation of the top 4 QB's isn't too different you'll know you'll get one at 4 or could still pick Barkley or Chubb

Big4Dawg
04-26-2018, 09:04 AM
He's asking for $14 million a year and they're tagging him at $14million a year. He's getting his request.

They don't want to give him a long-term contract.

https://www.numberfire.com/nfl/news/19933/saquon-barkley-may-be-a-generational-talent-but-he-ll-still-be-overdrafted

msu15
04-26-2018, 10:12 AM
I'm not even a NFL fan but after listening to all the sports talk I'll definitely be tuning in tonight. Seems like there could be some great drama!

Coldsleeve Jr.
04-26-2018, 10:15 AM
Lamar will be drafted in top 20 picks. No way he falls to 2nd

Be interesting to see. I think Lamar goes in 2nd round.

bulldawg28
04-26-2018, 11:06 AM
They don't want to give him a long-term contract.

https://www.numberfire.com/nfl/news/19933/saquon-barkley-may-be-a-generational-talent-but-he-ll-still-be-overdrafted

I know what the media is saying. However, imo if you are getting what you've asked for that's winning.

Barkley is that type of back. He actually reminds me of Ezekiel Elliott with better balance.

Wet Dawg
04-26-2018, 11:22 AM
That would be franchise suicide to not draft a QB. Tyrod is a year place-holder. They’ve traded back 2 years in a row for this year. Draft whatever QB you think is best. This is the best QB class in the last 10 years.

The best QB in the last 10 years? Are you smoking crack. There is not a single super star among them. Wentz and Prescott are better than any these clowns.

Big4Dawg
04-26-2018, 11:29 AM
The best QB in the last 10 years? Are you smoking crack. There is not a single super star among them. Wentz and Prescott are better than any these clowns.

You're wrong but okay. This class will produce 4-5 starters.

Quaoarsking
04-26-2018, 12:03 PM
You're wrong but okay. This class will produce 4-5 starters.

So you're expecting 0-1 out of Darnold, Allen, Rosen, Jackson, and Mayfield to be NFL busts? That's pretty optimistic, as all 5 of them have serious doubters.

Or are you expecting a sleeper like Luke Falk, Mike White, etc., to be one of the 4-5?

Dallas_Dawg
04-26-2018, 12:26 PM
All the buzz now is that it is Mayfield at #1. We have known the number 1 pick the day before the draft every year since '04. I don't know why Cleveland is making it such a secret, but hey, Cleveland gonna Cleveland.

fishwater99
04-26-2018, 12:46 PM
Don't understand the Lamar hate. I think he has potential to be a fine NFL qb.

His stats compared to Josh Rosen:

Completion Percentage:
Lamar 57%
Rosen 60%

Yards per attempt:
Lamar 8.3
Rosen 8.0

TD/Int Ratio:
Lamar 69/27
Josh Rosen 59/26

Size:
Lamar 6'3 211*
Rosen 6'4 218*

I think he can sit a few years and develop. I think he'll be fine.

He's not very smart.. 13 on Wonderlic

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/wonderlic-test-scores-nfl-draft-lamar-jackson-baker-mayfield-josh-allen-rosen-2018/ybb46fv3x1ex1r4hj3l4j9gtb

fishwater99
04-26-2018, 12:56 PM
I agree Barkley won't go #1. I'd prob take Mayfiekd then Barkley 4th

Barkley won't be there at #4

Big4Dawg
04-26-2018, 01:27 PM
So you're expecting 0-1 out of Darnold, Allen, Rosen, Jackson, and Mayfield to be NFL busts? That's pretty optimistic, as all 5 of them have serious doubters.

Or are you expecting a sleeper like Luke Falk, Mike White, etc., to be one of the 4-5?

I?m expecting 4-5 starters out of this entire class. Including Rudolph, Falk, White, etc

bulldawg28
04-26-2018, 02:30 PM
He's not very smart.. 13 on Wonderlic

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/wonderlic-test-scores-nfl-draft-lamar-jackson-baker-mayfield-josh-allen-rosen-2018/ybb46fv3x1ex1r4hj3l4j9gtb

Does the wondelic guarantee success? His stats are better than any QB being drafted today.

dawgs
04-26-2018, 02:57 PM
Cleveland should take mayfield. After reading thru advanced throwing data, he's 1st in almost every meaningful rating and 2nd in the couple he's not 1st. His advanced throwing numbers compare with other successful nfl QBs in college like Russell Wilson and brees, and he's basically the same size as those guys. Allen will be a bust. His throwing metrics are some of the worst for a 1st round QB ever and compare to guys like jake locker and Jamarcus Russell. Non-advanced metric, but also read that wyoming's defense led the nation in turnovers created and was top 10 in total D, so they were a really good defense, but their offense ranked 100+ in total yards and like 97th in points, and Allen had the least number of drops of the top QBs. Maybe his WRs can't get the separation needed, but advanced metrics don't tell that story, they say the ball was not placed in a catchable radius. And yet he's a legitimate candidate to go #1 because he's tall and can throw it far?

dawgs
04-26-2018, 03:02 PM
No idea on Lamar. He will need s couple years, but could see him having early success if he needs to step in due to injuries cause of his legs. Could turn into a tyrod Taylor type that sits for several years before becoming a competent dual threat QB. Accuracy is an issue, but less so than with someone like Allen.

dawgs
04-26-2018, 03:04 PM
Darnold's turnovers have me thinking about jameis winston in his last year at f$uz. Everyone thought he was forcing it because he didn't have the talent around him and would stop forcing it with more playmakers, but he's kept right on turning it over in the NFL. Shows flashes of getting it, then reverts back to the same as he's always been.

fishwater99
04-26-2018, 03:27 PM
Does the wondelic guarantee success? His stats are better than any QB being drafted today.

It's a pretty good indicator, especially for a QB. The NFL playbook is very complicated.
Time will tell how he pans out. There are exceptions to every rule for sure.

dawgs
04-26-2018, 03:54 PM
It's a pretty good indicator, especially for a QB. The NFL playbook is very complicated.

I don't know how good of an indicator it is. There's always dudes putting up high 30s and 40s scores who suck. I would wanna see a correlation between wonderlic and nfl success before I'd give it too much credence.

EDIT: Google does seem to indicate that successful nfl QBs do tend to do pretty well on the wonderlic (mostly mid 20s to mid 30s). Of course you have some low scores who have been good to great and high scores that flopped, but all other things equal, seems like it's a good deciding factor to mitigate risk.

bulldawg28
04-26-2018, 05:12 PM

It's no indicator at all. He played under Petrino whose playbook is NFL based. He did pretty well under an NFL Qb developer. I think he'll be just fine in the NFL. Check out these wonderlic scores below of those I'm sure you think were pretty good NFL Qb's.

Dan Marino (15) Randel Cunningham (15) Jim Kelly ( 14) terry bradshaw (13).

somebodyshotmypaw
04-26-2018, 06:46 PM
Here is my problem with running quarterbacks:

In college they have to stay healthy for 15 games max (12 regular season, 1 conference championship, 1 playoff game, and a national championship game). In the pros that could be 24 games (4 preseason, 16 regular season, 3 playoff games, and Super Bowl). The beating takes a toll in a long season.

The other issue is that 18-22 year olds have fresh legs and can fly. When a running QB gets to be older, the speed goes from old age. Look at the age of Brady, Brees, Peyton Manning, etc. They can play as they age because speed isn't their game. You don't see many wideouts, corners, and running backs playing at that age. So I don't see Lamar Jackson runnng around at 35 or 36 like he will at 24 or 25.

dawgs
04-27-2018, 12:22 AM
Here is my problem with running quarterbacks:

In college they have to stay healthy for 15 games max (12 regular season, 1 conference championship, 1 playoff game, and a national championship game). In the pros that could be 24 games (4 preseason, 16 regular season, 3 playoff games, and Super Bowl). The beating takes a toll in a long season.

The other issue is that 18-22 year olds have fresh legs and can fly. When a running QB gets to be older, the speed goes from old age. Look at the age of Brady, Brees, Peyton Manning, etc. They can play as they age because speed isn't their game. You don't see many wideouts, corners, and running backs playing at that age. So I don't see Lamar Jackson runnng around at 35 or 36 like he will at 24 or 25.

I think most teams would love I if you told them they could get a stud running QB for 8 years, but he'd be too beat up after that to be productive.

But with running QBs, people assume they aren't gonna improve passing. Cam doesn't run like he used to and he's a good QB. Roethlesberger used to run a lot more. Alex smith too. Running or non-running QBs either improve as passers or they don't, and the ones that don't improve don't stick around as a starter for very longs whether they can run or not. When you draft a guy, you don't think about what he could be 15 years down the line, if you get to that point and he's still starter worthy, then you are playing with house money.

jackindabox
04-27-2018, 09:55 PM
Jackson might have been good but we will never know because he went to Ravens behind flacco. So he will not get to play till 2024 at the earliest and by then his speed will be less impressive and he will be another quarterback who is too short, and just decent at throwing

dawgs
04-27-2018, 10:25 PM
Jackson might have been good but we will never know because he went to Ravens behind flacco. So he will not get to play till 2024 at the earliest and by then his speed will be less impressive and he will be another quarterback who is too short, and just decent at throwing

Do wat? Flacco has been shit for several years now, and it's not like he was a Tom Brady or even an Eli before that. If Jackson develops this year in a backup role and Flacco doesn't turn it around, he'll likely get a chance at some point in 2019, 2020 at the latest. Obviously we are assuming he's looking good in practice and Flacco continues to be shit. Ravens will figure out how to get rid of that albatross of a contract when the time comes.

bulldawg28
04-28-2018, 06:42 AM

You serious jack? Slow in 6 years? A slow 26-27 yr old with fresh legs? He's also 6'3, try again. Stop the madness the kid is playing within 2 years.

msstate7
04-28-2018, 06:54 AM

Pretty sure guaranteed money runs out after this season. Flacco could be cut after the season

msstate7
12-28-2018, 01:09 PM
Mayfield needs 3 td passes to break Peyton's rookie td pass record. The browns are a win away from having a winning record. Mayfield is 7-6 as the starter on a team that was 4-44 the previous 3 years. Mayfield was the best qb in college last season and the best qb in the draft. Cleveland made the correct pick. To all the baker haters...

https://i.postimg.cc/SKY3V7WT/2-DBB22-CD-AE42-4447-B8-DF-5-A21-B600-AA1-D.png (https://postimages.org/)

Goldendawg
12-28-2018, 03:44 PM
Lamar Jackson will get injured again.

Pit Bull
12-28-2018, 07:46 PM
Lamar Jackson was instantly good and will get even better.

bulldawg28
12-28-2018, 08:12 PM
Mayfield needs 3 td passes to break Peyton's rookie td pass record. The browns are a win away from having a winning record. Mayfield is 7-6 as the starter on a team that was 4-44 the previous 3 years. Mayfield was the best qb in college last season and the best qb in the draft. Cleveland made the correct pick. To all the baker haters...

https://i.postimg.cc/SKY3V7WT/2-DBB22-CD-AE42-4447-B8-DF-5-A21-B600-AA1-D.png (https://postimages.org/)

As predicted Baker is that man!

msstate7
12-28-2018, 08:32 PM
Jackson vs Baker this week. Really hope I get that game