PDA

View Full Version : Favorite fast food chicken?

Bulldog1
04-24-2018, 05:50 PM
For me it is Popeyes. With Papa V's, ChickFilA, and "The Store" all being close seconds.

BrunswickDawg
04-24-2018, 07:17 PM
Guthrie's used to be my favorite before Zaxby's ripped them off. Haven't been to one in about 20 years though.

Popeyes is great - but good lord is the service terrible. Bojangles is high on the list too.

Bulldog1
04-24-2018, 07:24 PM
Guthrie's used to be my favorite before Zaxby's ripped them off. Haven't been to one in about 20 years though.

Popeyes is great - but good lord is the service terrible. Bojangles is high on the list too.

Agree. I went through there in Starkville after the baseball game Saturday night, to get a quick bite and they said You have to pull up to the window to place your order. I'm like, What? There was one car in front of us, and never moved in 5 minutes. We left. Note that the parking lot was empty. I've also been there one time and they were out of chicken. At a chicken restaurant!

BrunswickDawg
04-25-2018, 07:56 AM
Agree. I went through there in Starkville after the baseball game Saturday night, to get a quick bite and they said You have to pull up to the window to place your order. I'm like, What? There was one car in front of us, and never moved in 5 minutes. We left. Note that the parking lot was empty. I've also been there one time and they were out of chicken. At a chicken restaurant!

That's Popeyes - and it is like that at every location. They operate like a bad mom and pop and yet somehow have franchised successfully.

Bully13
04-25-2018, 10:48 AM
slight hijack . grocery store rotisserie chicken. the dark meat is my favorite on that.

pop eyes is good but service sux. chick filet is the best because of the dill flavor they add.

BeardoMSU
04-25-2018, 10:53 AM
Definitely Popeyes....sadly, in Massachusetts, it's the only option we have for decent "southern" food...

I also like Bojangles quite a lot...

BrunswickDawg
04-25-2018, 01:20 PM
slight hijack . grocery store rotisserie chicken. the dark meat is my favorite on that.

pop eyes is good but service sux. chick filet is the best because of the dill flavor they add.

This will sound cliche - but grocery store rotisserie chicken may be the biggest lifesaver ever invented. At least once every couple of weeks, plans go squirrely and it is 7:30 and we need a meal. Grocery store ro-chick is the adult version of chicken tenders and tater babies from the B-Quick. Throw some canned green beans and a piece of bacon in a pot to boil, make some kraft mac and cheese, and kids are happy, and I can have a bourbon.

Matty Dispatch
04-25-2018, 02:29 PM
Depends on what you want.

Chicken biscuit: Bojangles
Chicken on the bone: Popeyes
Chicken tenders: Zaxby's/Abners/Raising Cane's (all basically the same)
Chicken sandwich: Chick-Fil-A
Chicken sliders: KFC
Chicken induced diarrhea: Church's

Bully13
04-25-2018, 09:36 PM
Depends on what you want.

Chicken biscuit: Bojangles
Chicken on the bone: Popeyes
Chicken tenders: Zaxby's/Abners/Raising Cane's (all basically the same)
Chicken sandwich: Chick-Fil-A
Chicken sliders: KFC
Chicken induced diarrhea: Church's

Chicken induced diarrhea: LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awy2UwePtvE

Bulldog1
04-25-2018, 10:05 PM

Chick Fil A has hands down best service. And I LOVE their spicy chicken sandwich.