PDA

View Full Version : Gov Cup Game Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

BeardoMSU
04-24-2018, 10:22 PM
How about our closers doing their jobs. Then the coach isn't a dumbass. neff should not walk the lead off, Smith shouldn't hang a shitty curve, then groove one for A Pinch hitter. If you can't go with your best closer, then who can you pitch.

JP had just outed the 1 batter he faced, and he had been electric for us this past weekend.....why pull him in that situation?

Bully13
04-24-2018, 10:25 PM
Post # 24 or so us epic. this entire thread from NAFO0M is pure gold.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/nafoom/anyone-care-to-comment-on-this-baseball-game-t62022-s10.html

Bulldog1
04-24-2018, 10:25 PM
How about our closers doing their jobs. Then the coach isn't a dumbass. neff should not walk the lead off, Smith shouldn't hang a shitty curve, then groove one for A Pinch hitter. If you can't go with your best closer, then who can you pitch.
Why not let Smith start the 9th instead of Neff, if he's the closer?

BeardoMSU
04-24-2018, 10:28 PM

This. Let the closer actually start with a clean inning for once. We'd almost always bring in Holder fresh to start the 9th in similar situations.

The Federalist Engineer
04-24-2018, 10:29 PM
Wow! Great win! **** you Ole Miss!

You got the right attitude my man! Why not just enjoy victory and damn the evil ones - why bang on Henderson, the dude is our pitching coach that got pressed into service because his boss lost his mind.

This team has made this season really spicy now

The Federalist Engineer
04-24-2018, 10:33 PM
LMAO!! did he really say that?

Fuel "F***" Bat

Kid has the heart of a Bulldog

tcdog70
04-25-2018, 10:10 AM

it could be that Neff had just shut them down in the 8th. If you had brought Smith in at the start of the 9th and he pitched the same--you would be saying damn stupid Henderson why didn't he leave Neff in----the truth is our pitchers 17ed up--if they do their job then Henderson isn't an idiot.

tcdog70
04-25-2018, 10:12 AM
This. Let the closer actually start with a clean inning for once. We'd almost always bring in Holder fresh to start the 9th in similar situations.

damn I didn't know we still had Holder. whomever we bring in has to do their Job. Don't walk lead-off batters and don't hang 2 strike curves.

tcdog70
04-25-2018, 10:14 AM
JP had just outed the 1 batter he faced, and he had been electric for us this past weekend.....why pull him in that situation?

That is a good question. somebody needs to ask Henderson.

Bulldog1
04-25-2018, 10:51 AM
it could be that Neff had just shut them down in the 8th. If you had brought Smith in at the start of the 9th and he pitched the same--you would be saying damn stupid Henderson why didn't he leave Neff in----the truth is our pitchers 17ed up--if they do their job then Henderson isn't an idiot.

I have a tendency to do that lol, but in this case, I said a couple pages back that I didn't agree with it. My point is that if we have a so called "closer" in Smith, he should've started the inning. But another problem I have is bringing France in for 1 batter after he mowed down Arkansas Friday night. Why not leave him in either? Credit to Henderson for managing well vs. Arkansas, but our players (i.e. Luke Alexander) saved his tail last night.

I seen it dawg
04-25-2018, 11:11 AM
Is Smith our 17ing closer? He is ahead two strikes and he hangs a curve your Granny could smash. How is that Hendersons fault. If he had left France in and he got hit, then people say , wtf, where is Smith. Damn didn't we win? Is our team up from the ashes and playing their butts off? Could it be Henderson might be doing ok? Are we 6-1 against top 5 teams? Is that Hendersons fault? It is all subjective. Second guessing is for pussies.

It was ****ing stupid starting the inning with Neff when both our closers aren't just tossing it around but are hot and ready. Start the inning with one of them instead of trying to steal an out with Neff to get to the LH hitter which he then pulls Neff for! Then it was ****ing stupid to burn France for 1 hitter bc now if it gets tied and goes extras we are down one more pitcher. After that pitcher was hot and effective. So yeah I'm ****ing second guessing and I'm ****ing right. It was terrible mismanagement of the 9th inning but luckily he knew we would just score 2 runs in the bottom half off their closer bc Bianco is stupid too so that makes it ok.

I seen it dawg
04-25-2018, 11:21 AM

Part of managing a pen is putting guys in best chance to succeed. Fail. Neff did his job in the 8th. Don't send him back out when you have 2 hot pitchers ready. It's dumb and will always be dumb. As are you on this.

tcdog70
04-25-2018, 10:24 PM
Part of managing a pen is putting guys in best chance to succeed. Fail. Neff did his job in the 8th. Don't send him back out when you have 2 hot pitchers ready. It's dumb and will always be dumb. As are you on this.

It didn't look like Smith was hot and ready, if he was , he would have done his job and not hung a curve with 2 strikes. It is subjective, and my opinion is just as good as yours. Why not send Neff back out in the ninth, where is it written in stone that that is dumb. Henderson didn't think it was dumb. Why are you the all knowing expert on this? If Neff had got the first guy out was it then a dumb decision? Henderson was everyone's best pitching coach ever last year. What did he just lose his ability to make good pitching decisions. He got stupid over the last year? He put capable pitchers in a position to do their job and they failed, why is he stupid? You can have your opinion and I can have mine, neither has to be a dumb opinion. So chill, and be glad we won.

Pit Bull
04-26-2018, 05:02 AM
Folks...Henderson didn't want to use up arms tonight even if it is uofm. This weekend is more important.

I doubt all the coaches on here would understand that.

Bulldog1
04-26-2018, 07:25 AM
France was hot. After he mowed down Arkansas Friday night, he mowed down the batter he faced in the Gov. cup. What did Henderson say about pulling France after 1 batter? Anybody know?

Todd4State
04-26-2018, 09:20 AM
France was hot. After he mowed down Arkansas Friday night, he mowed down the batter he faced in the Gov. cup. What did Henderson say about pulling France after 1 batter? Anybody know?

He said it was about "match ups" and it just didn't work out.

He also said that he could understand where Bianco was coming from by walking Mangum which should be a sign that was an awful decision too.

I seen it dawg
04-26-2018, 09:20 AM
It didn't look like Smith was hot and ready, if he was , he would have done his job and not hung a curve with 2 strikes. It is subjective, and my opinion is just as good as yours. Why not send Neff back out in the ninth, where is it written in stone that that is dumb. Henderson didn't think it was dumb. Why are you the all knowing expert on this? If Neff had got the first guy out was it then a dumb decision? Henderson was everyone's best pitching coach ever last year. What did he just lose his ability to make good pitching decisions. He got stupid over the last year? He put capable pitchers in a position to do their job and they failed, why is he stupid? You can have your opinion and I can have mine, neither has to be a dumb opinion. So chill, and be glad we won.

Yes everyone can have an opinion. Yours is just wrong. And that's ok.

Bulldog1
04-26-2018, 09:24 AM
He said it was about "match ups" and it just didn't work out.

He also said that he could understand where Bianco was coming from by walking Mangum which should be a sign that was an awful decision too.

Both were absolutely stupid.

Bulldog1
04-26-2018, 09:26 AM
I doubt all the coaches on here would understand that.
I doubt it would make much more difference if France threw 10 more pitches to win the game in the 9th. He already warned up and faced a batter- I doubt getting 2 more outs would make his arm fall off.

tcdog70
04-26-2018, 04:24 PM
Yes everyone can have an opinion. Yours is just wrong. And that's ok.

Thanks, I now feel all warm and fuzzy.