PDA

View Full Version : Some other school's fans still buying into OM hype

blacklistedbully
10-07-2013, 01:15 PM
I'll probably get blasted by some for giving a shit, but it just blows my mind how apparently shallow the thinking goes with some college football fans. On another board there are fans from Bama, Auburn, FSU & more that are predicting an OM upset of TAMU, and claiming they are an SEC force "getting in the mix with Bama, LSU & TAMU" over the next couple of years. My response:

Cracks me up how some of you are still buying into the Ole Miss hype. No way Ole Miss beats TAMU, despite TAMU having a porous defense. Ole Miss has been exposed, just as I've said they would be all along,

What keeps some of you on this hype-train? The win over a really bad Texas team that needed HUGE ref help in beating Iowa State last week, and who got blown out as badly by a BYU team that lost the week prior to the same Va team that got crushed at home by Ball State? Was it the should-have-lost 4-point win over a Vandy team that got blasted by Mizzou 58-21, and who's only wins have come against Austin-Peay, UAB & Massachusetts? Was it their 31-13 defeat of SE Mizzou State, quite likely the worst FCS team in the country that also lost 45-7 to SELA, and 40-16 to Tenn-State to go with their other losses to UT Martin & Southern Illinois??

I mean, it has to be one of those, right? Can't be the blowout white-wash loss to Bama where they totaled 11 first downs (1 by penalty), or the 8-point loss to Auburn that wasn't worse only because Auburn started taking a knee at the OM 29 with 2 minutes left.

Seriously, do you folks do any research at all before making these predictions, or is it all just a gut feeling you have?

Here's the reality. TAMU is not going to turn the ball over 6 times like they did in the close win over Ole Miss last year. TAMU is going to score and score often, way more than OM will, unless Johnny Football gets injured early. LSU is going to beat the snot outta Ole Miss in another high-scoring affair. Right now it looks like Mizzou should be the favorite against them.

Ole Miss will probably get a bowl, but on the backs of a not-so-good Vandy, a pretty bad Texas, SE Mizzou State, Idaho, Troy and maybe Arkansas.

C222
10-07-2013, 01:19 PM
I'll probably get blasted by some for giving a shit, but it just blows my mind how apparently shallow the thinking goes with some college football fans. On another board there are fans from Bama, Auburn, FSU & more that are predicting an OM upset of TAMU, and claiming they are an SEC force "getting in the mix with Bama, LSU & TAMU" over the next couple of years. My response:

Cracks me up how some of you are still buying into the Ole Miss hype. No way Ole Miss beats TAMU, despite TAMU having a porous defense. Ole Miss has been exposed, just as I've said they would be all along,

What keeps some of you on this hype-train? The win over a really bad Texas team that needed HUGE ref help in beating Iowa State last week, and who got blown out as badly by a BYU team that lost the week prior to the same Va team that got crushed at home by Ball State? Was it the should-have-lost 4-point win over a Vandy team that got blasted by Mizzou 58-21, and who's only wins have come against Austin-Peay, UAB & Massachusetts? Was it their 31-13 defeat of SE Mizzou State, quite likely the worst FCS team in the country that also lost 45-7 to SELA, and 40-16 to Tenn-State to go with their other losses to UT Martin & Southern Illinois??

I mean, it has to be one of those, right? Can't be the blowout white-wash loss to Bama where they totaled 11 first downs (1 by penalty), or the 8-point loss to Auburn that wasn't worse only because Auburn started taking a knee at the OM 29 with 2 minutes left.

Seriously, do you folks do any research at all before making these predictions, or is it all just a gut feeling you have?

Here's the reality. TAMU is not going to turn the ball over 6 times like they did in the close win over Ole Miss last year. TAMU is going to score and score often, way more than OM will, unless Johnny Football gets injured early. LSU is going to beat the snot outta Ole Miss in another high-scoring affair. Right now it looks like Mizzou should be the favorite against them.

Ole Miss will probably get a bowl, but on the backs of a not-so-good Vandy, a pretty bad Texas, SE Mizzou State, Idaho, Troy and maybe Arkansas.

Recruiting

ckDOG
10-07-2013, 01:21 PM
A&M's defense is crappy enough to keep the game interesting. OM shouldn't have an answer to Manzil though. Their defense is extremely aggressive and he's going to burn the crap them left and right with "busted plays". He should have a field day once he dodges that first swarm of pursuit from the line.

Political Hack
10-07-2013, 02:26 PM
they are going to be sooo good again in February.

MemphisDawg
10-07-2013, 08:24 PM
Jeez Blacklist.

So we just get skull drug by LSU and you would rather start threads about the ReBears?

And we wonder why they call us the little brother.

Nice job piecing together their schedule to make it look so terrible. Let's look at ours using the same logic.

We are 2-3. With 2 wins against Alcorn St (who lost to Alabama St) and Troy (which lost to Duke and taken to OT by UAB) WOW SUCH HUGE WINS WE HAVE.

Losses 3. Auburn (Which only beat the lowly rebels by 8 at home) OSU (Which has only beaten Us, UTSA (which scored like 35 on them) and Powerhouse Lamar.) also OSU lost to WVU which only has wins against Georgia St, a 7 point win on William and Mary and OSU. To top it off WVU got shutout by Maryland which got beat by FSU 63-0!!!!!

But I'm sure with your near genius IQ you had already calculated that.

I blood Maroon through and through but **** OFF with worrying about the Rebels. Things will work themselves out and we will get our shot at them at the end of the season. Let's try to worry about ourselves here and make sure we don't slip up against a BG team that's only loss is against IU and has been playing pretty impressive as of late.

Jack Lambert
10-07-2013, 08:30 PM
Jeez Blacklist.

So we just get skull drug by LSU and you would rather start threads about the ReBears?

Nice job piecing together their schedule to make it look so terrible. Let's look at ours using the same logic.

We are 2-3. With 2 wins against Alcorn St (who lost to Alabama St) and Troy (which lost to Duke and taken to OT by UAB) WOW SUCH HUGE WINS WE HAVE.

Losses 3. Auburn (Which only beat the lowly rebels by 8 at home) OSU (Which has only beaten Us, UTSA (which scored like 35 on them) and Powerhouse Lamar.) also OSU lost to WVU which only has wins against Georgia St, a 7 point win on William and Mary and OSU. To top it off WVU got shutout by Maryland which got beat by FSU 63-0!!!!!

I blood Maroon through and through but **** OFF with worrying about the Rebels. Things will work themselves out and we will get our shot at them at the end of the season. Let's try to worry about ourselves here and make sure we don't slip up against a BG team that's only loss is against IU and has been playing pretty impressive as of late.

So all we can do is talk mississippi state and nothing about our rival or any one else? If you really mean that, live what you preach, maybe you can start now and not post on threads like this. You can alway not click on the thread and not post.

Also most poster here who thinks we are the little brother.

K9 Avenger
10-07-2013, 10:15 PM
Jeez Blacklist.

Your post sucks. Have a good day...

M.Fillmore
10-07-2013, 11:56 PM
Your post sucks. Have a good day...

Agreed. The media had gone ape nuts for a team that gives sack fulls of cash to recruits but who can't develop talent. Sure we are not having a great year but we get no media attention either. Big difference.

The guy was writing about our rival, not Texas State, Idaho, or Rutgers which we don't care about.

Political Hack
10-08-2013, 07:54 AM
Jeez Blacklist.

you seem pretty upset that OM sucks.

We're not that good either, but that's been discussed ad naseum in other threads. The thing that makes it so different is that we didn't declare a Feb championship and claim to be a contender in the SEC West. We aren't delusional enough to think that the 3rd best group of 18 year olds in the SEC West can win the entire division for us. That's funny to see reality set it when the grandeur and delusion starts to fade. Enjoy it. it may be the only enjoyment you get out of football season this year.

blacklistedbully
10-08-2013, 08:52 AM
Thanks for the backup, fellas. Not sure what memphisdog's problem is with me, but it's clearly personal.

Of course it doesn't take a "near genius" to carry on multiple discussions or trains of thought. And of course the whole point was the inordinate amount of hype Ole Miss is getting as compared to actual accomplishments. That has ZERO correlation to us because we aren't hyped like they are.

You bozos who seem to think it's odd to be extra interested in what goes on with your rival, or think that paying attention to and/or discussing that somehow prevents us from following our own school are just morons. Maybe you have such a limited amount of attention that you have to "budget it" all on MSU, and can't afford to expend any on our rival, but that's your problem, not ours. Where the hell do you get off chastising those of us who do give a shit and enjoy engaging in the "war of words" with our rival? That's actually the far more natural position for a true fan, as opposed to yours.

Whether you accept it or not, what happens to the Black Bears can and does have an impact on us, including their regional & national perception. And that goes both ways. Beyond that, I have my legitimate reasons for disliking those arrogant, delusional pricks, as I'm sure most Bulldog fans do. For my part, I'd actually softened my stance after being away for so long until I was recently reminded again on message boards exactly why I hated those pricks when I was a student at State.

If you want to handle the rivalry differently, then by all means do so. But if you're gonna try to dictate to other fans how they should participate, you can go **** yourself.

BhamDawg
10-08-2013, 09:37 AM
Their defense is extremely aggressive and he's going to burn the crap them left and right with "busted plays". He should have a field day once he dodges that first swarm of pursuit from the line.

Oh yeah, that extremely aggressive defense that is 13th in the SEC/110th in the nation in sacks. I am sure Johnny football is shaking in his shoes.