PDA

View Full Version : After watching spring game

preachermatt83
04-22-2018, 09:55 PM
I am wooly about our defense but I'm a little nervous about our offenses' ability to pick up the new offense. It seems like we are thinking way to much.

msstate7
04-22-2018, 09:57 PM
Probably shouldn't be worried this early. Many project our best wr to be Guidry, who didn't play. Fitz didn't play. Split rosters. I think we will be fine

bulldawg28
04-22-2018, 10:09 PM
I am wooly about our defense but I'm a little nervous about our offenses' ability to pick up the new offense. It seems like we are thinking way to much.

What game were you watching? Thinking too much? Are you referring to the backup Qb? Your starting to sound like your bff

MetEdDawg
04-22-2018, 10:15 PM

Keytaon threw for 316 yards on 26 completions. 240 yards rushing on 39 carries. Think we will be ok. Additionally, we obviously will run the QB more from design. Plus no Heath or Guidry or Fitz. Sounds like we have fans overthinking this way too much.

tireddawg
04-22-2018, 10:45 PM

If you were learning something new, would you think about it?

yjnkdawg
04-22-2018, 11:04 PM

Man, then I'm wooly about our offense, and think it is going to be great this year, but I'm nervous and afraid our defense may be thinking way too much and I'm scared that it may not have the ability to pick up Shoop's complicated defensive scheme. Now do you think that maybe I may be over thinking a little on our defense? LOL

ShotgunDawg
04-22-2018, 11:38 PM

We threw like 6 ints in last year's Spring game with Mullen and the game ended early with a guy getting thrown out.

That game Saturday is the most organized our offense has looked in a Spring game since 2015 Dak's SR year.

I was very much encouraged by the flow of the offense and that Key knew the checkdowns.

Todd4State
04-23-2018, 12:02 AM
I thought the opposite. I thought we looked pretty clean for having installed what we have over a period of two weeks. I don't remember seeing very many breakdowns on offense other than the second INT where Key and the WR weren't on the same page but that happens sometimes. Key made some good reads for the most part.

the_real_MSU_is_us
04-23-2018, 06:48 AM
I agree with everyone but Preacher. The O din't miss many blocks, the RBs always knew their assignments, and the WRs and TEs ran the routes Key expected except for one play. There was only 1 false start, 0 illegal shifts or formations, 0 missed blocking assignments. The O was cleaner than most Os on opening day. The defense, however, had a free times where they lost containment, mixed up gap assignment, lost receivers in coverage, or played too soft and gave up easy completions. I'm not saying we should worry about the D, just that they were less polished than the O.

I think Preacher went in expect to see 1 thing, and so that's what he saw. I was blown away at how good the O knew the system

Leeshouldveflanked
04-23-2018, 06:56 AM
Impressions
1. Good to see receivers run actual routes.
2. Todd has hands of stone...
3. Kylin Hill has a chance to be special.
4. Very thin at LB
5. Very thin at OL
6. Very thin at CB
7. WR Williams will get a lot of catches in this offense.
8.Best spring game I have seen us play from an execution standpoint... for what it's worth.

gravedigger
04-23-2018, 07:36 AM
Impressions
4. Very thin at LB
5. Very thin at OL
6. Very thin at CB
8.Best spring game I have seen us play from an execution standpoint... for what it's worth.

Thin at LB and OL? I'm not seeing that. But I could be wrong.

PassInterference
04-23-2018, 07:54 AM

Defense is usually better than offense this early. Offense is harder to learn. NBD.

Saltydog
04-23-2018, 08:34 AM
You have to know someone is going to take a shot at Fitz's legs again. Now what we may do is work in packages for Thompson to run it.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-23-2018, 08:36 AM
You have to know someone is going to take a shot at Fitz's legs again. Now what we may do is work in packages for Thompson to run it.

It may be less it won't be far less imo. He'll run 10-12 times a game.

defiantdog
04-23-2018, 08:39 AM
Impressions
4. Very thin at LB
5. Very thin at OL
6. Very thin at CB
Thin at LB????? Willie Gay is a back up..... enough said.

confucius say
04-23-2018, 10:07 AM
Impressions
4. Very thin at LB
5. Very thin at OL
6. Very thin at CB

If we are going to play a 4-2-5, one would think four lb would be sufficient. LL, Errol, Willie, kilby-lane. That's a good start.

Jack Lambert
04-23-2018, 10:30 AM
I recorded the game. I watched it the first time and only watched the Maroon offense then watched it again and only watched the Maroon defense. I was please with both. Considering we didn't have our starting QB and a few other plus them just learning the new offense we are going to be good. Hill is going to be a bad ass in that offense and Austin Williams was very impressive at WR. He can play both slot and WR. He is tall with good hands and seems to have a good football sense. Yesterday I watched last year spring game to compare. It was like night and day in the difference. We did not look good to me last year but the team was really good during the season. I feel good about next season.

the_real_MSU_is_us
04-23-2018, 10:36 AM
Thin at LB????? Willie Gay is a back up..... enough said.

Having a 3rd guy is just the bare minimum, as you have to rotate LBs. So if Leo or Errol get hurt, Willie would step up as the starter, but we'd be screwed in actual games when one rotates off. I"m hopeful that Kirby-Lane or Tim Washington can step up and be the 4th LB, which would make this a none issue

Saltydog
04-23-2018, 11:20 AM
NT

Ifyouonlyknew
04-23-2018, 11:26 AM
Tim Washington had a great spring & Kilby-Lane will be in this summer.

bulldawg28
04-23-2018, 02:12 PM
Tim Washington had a great spring & Kilby-Lane will be in this summer.

I forgot about the FSU transfer