PDA

View Full Version : So... Is anybody going to pull the trigger this weekend??

Bdawg
04-22-2018, 08:02 AM
There was some confidence around a few guys committing this weekend. Does it happen today with anyone?

drummerdawg
04-22-2018, 11:21 AM
There was some confidence around a few guys committing this weekend. Does it happen today with anyone?

I was just about to ask the same thing. Several on here were saying we were going to pick up a few. What happened?

the_real_MSU_is_us
04-22-2018, 12:22 PM
My guess is a combo of A) our recruiting guys getting a little too excited and projecting that the crazy trend would continue, and 2) things just cooling off slightly below what you'd expect normally.

Various guys here said Jarian Jones would pick us, that we'd have gotten Pruitt by now, that we'd get the 4* OL from Georgia and the 3* OL from Penn, + a couple other guys. Doesn't seem like it'll happen. Sucks 'cause this weekend was built up a lot, but it's not really a problem in the long run. Whether it's now, a week from now, or a week before signing day, Moorhead will fill out the class with good players. All in all I'd say this situation is infinitely more on us for being spoiled after 2 weeks ago than any failure on the staff to close this weekened. That being said I have 0 info and we may get 4 commits in the next 48 hours for all I know

yjnkdawg
04-22-2018, 01:22 PM
I think most were pretty sure that Pruitt would commit this weekend. There is one big difference in Mullen and JoeMo's recruiting philosophies. JoeMo doesn't have to wait out a long time for some kids who want to play the recruiting game that Mulllen would have had to wait on. JoeMo throws a larger and better recruiting net out and has more options. Recruits , such as Dean and Pickering, and a few more have an extended invitation as long as they want, but some others probably won't have that luxury.

Bothrops
04-22-2018, 02:41 PM
No. Why would anyone want to be a part of such dreadful atmosphere and crappy campus?? I would, but then again, I'm masochistic!

Ari Gold
04-22-2018, 05:33 PM
I said IF 2 committed they would prob be Pruitt and Emerson.
I thought maybe Hubbard would pull the trigger since this was his official and Pennsylvania is a good distance away.

But overall was told the weekend went as good as possible , lots of head way made with some uncommitted guys .
Morehead and this staff is light years better than previous staffs.

Bully13
04-22-2018, 05:48 PM
I said IF 2 committed they would prob be Pruitt and Emerson.
I thighht maybe Hubbard would pull the trigger since this was his official and Pennsylvania is a good distance away.

But overall was told the weekend went as good as possible , lots of head way made with some uncommitted guys .
Morehead and this staff is light years better than previous staffs.

Any updates on how things went with the 4* OL from GA Ari?

Ari Gold
04-22-2018, 05:51 PM
Any updates on how things went with the 4* OL from GA Ari?

Haven’t Asked about heard about any one individual ( except for Ealy)
But was told the weekend was a success..

If I get any info I will pass along as soon as I can.

Bdawg
04-22-2018, 08:06 PM
Haven’t Asked about heard about any one individual ( except for Ealy)
But was told the weekend was a success..

If I get any info I will pass along as soon as I can.

Thanks for the updates and info. Seems like on Twitter the guys mentioned here had a good time. Words like "unforgettable" come to mind! So what's up with Ealy? Didn't see much discussion on him in recruiting thread. How much headway did we make with him?

Bully13
04-22-2018, 10:04 PM
I was hoping the 4* OL from GA was gonna commit. now I be like without wool.

Earth is, of course, of tremendous value to human beings. We want a clean planet because it benefits us, but we want personal prosperity, too. That means using our minds to turn the materials and energy in the natural world into resources for our own betterment and the betterment of those around us. Let’s juxtapose the improvements to human well-being and prosperity that result from liberty and technology against the now-seen-as-silly Earth Day fetes. Let’s abandon Earth Day for a celebration of human achievement!

Bully13
04-22-2018, 10:05 PM
well , 17, I suck at posting sheared sheep.