PDA

View Full Version : Clem the Auto-mechanic Ain't Gonna Make it on Rocky Top

ShotgunDawg
04-22-2018, 07:33 AM
http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-football/291754-additional-comments-pruitt-players-3.html

Looks like we got the redneck version of Eddy O at Tennessee after the Tennessee players quit yesterday and Pruitt called out the fan baseball.

Looks like Tennessee maybe entering a Croom type era where the entire program needs to be blown torched.

Thank goodness Cohen didn't hire this guy.

Bulldog1
04-22-2018, 07:49 AM
He can't even talk well. Every sentence, he says "aight". I laugh every time I hear him talk.

BulldogBear
04-22-2018, 07:54 AM

I posted something similar in the Spring game thread but it seems to belong here.

I don't think Tennessee is going to be the Tennessee of say the 1990s, as an example, again. For the most part, it seems that UT alumni and supporters are the only ones that can't see it. Things have changed in the college sports world, as they always do from time to time, that can really steer the entire ship in another direction. Tennessee's "glory years" had to rely on national recruiting. They no longer have an advantage anymore that they once had to do that. Everybody, in the SEC at least, is on TV every week and has a nice big (except the Commodres) stadium. And there is more parity in general than there was two decades ago just as there was then than there was four decades ago. Their program is not better than ours and their situation is actually worse. We're trending up. Tennessee is.... not. But they have a support base that considers 7-5 or 8-4 to be unacceptable. Constant 10 win seasons is no longer sustainable in the SEC anywhere but Bama and that is only until Saban leaves. Florida actually has the same issue, though not quite to the extent Vol Nation does, which Dimingo Montoya is going to find out in his short tenure as the Gators' head coach.

I guess what I'm saying is that the college football world has changed and until a major paradigm change comes around that suits them better OR their support base faces reality they are going to continue to go through a string of coaching changes when that is not the problem. Then the constant coaching changes make it worse.

MarketingBully
04-22-2018, 08:01 AM
Jeremy “Aight” Pruitt at his best...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqYgNi2a2EE

yjnkdawg
04-22-2018, 08:43 AM
And a few on this board said Cohen messed up when he didn't hire Pruitt, and freaked out that the sky was falling on our football program. I'm glad Cohen is making the decisions.

Bully13
04-22-2018, 09:27 AM
http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-football/291754-additional-comments-pruitt-players-3.html

Looks like we got the redneck version of Eddy O at Tennessee after the Tennessee players quit yesterday and Pruitt called out the fan baseball.

Looks like Tennessee maybe entering a Croom type era where the entire program needs to be blown torched.

I'm not seeing where the TN players quit and how Pruitt called out the fan baseball. I'll go look at previous pages, maybe I'll find it.

Bully13
04-22-2018, 09:33 AM
got it. the video of Pruitt. said some players quit. didn't catch the "fan baseball" comment though.

Bulldog1
04-22-2018, 09:42 AM
got it. the video of Pruitt. said some players quit. didn't catch the "fan baseball" comment though.

I think he meant "Fan Base".

confucius say
04-22-2018, 09:44 AM
He said our team was a lot like our fans today, some showed up and did what they were supposed to, some were absent for legitimate reasons, and some were just absent. I'm paraphrasing.

Dawg61
04-22-2018, 09:44 AM
It couldn't be more obvious Fulmer was cheating his ass off and doing it at an elite level. Tennessee will never be that program again because that window of elite cheating has closed for them. Pruitt is a ****ing asshole and he's already blaming his players and the fans. Vols shoulda hired the Pirate for their Vol Navy. Then they could all dress like pirates and at least have fun while they suck.

Bully13
04-22-2018, 09:50 AM
It couldn't be more obvious Fulmer was cheating his ass off and doing it at an elite level. Tennessee will never be that program again because that window of elite cheating has closed for them. Pruitt is a ****ing asshole and he's already blaming his players and the fans. Vols shoulda hired the Pirate for their Vol Navy. Then they could all dress like pirates and at least have fun while they suck.

yep, I was living in Memphis back during the Fulmer days when they won that natty. stories galore. cheating out their asses. the big defensive guy (Means?) that bamer paid the h.s. coach on was popcorn material for eons.

TrapGame
04-22-2018, 09:53 AM
Pruitt is in way over his head. That program has big problems. He ain't the one to save it. Mullen might have but he knew Florida was a better gig than Rocky Top.

msbulldog
04-22-2018, 09:59 AM
I'm not seeing where the TN players quit and how Pruitt called out the fan baseball. I'll go look at previous pages, maybe I'll find it.

Here you go.

https://twitter.com/calebsouders/status/987789808788475904?s=21

Bulldog1
04-22-2018, 10:09 AM
What a goof ball.

confucius say
04-22-2018, 10:42 AM
Some of the so called big boys should look at our athletic dept to see how one should be run. Seriously. With the smallest budget in the conference, We've been stable in football for a decade, have howland turning it around in basketball, have a top 5 women's basketball coach and program, and baseball has been really good sans 2015 (and Cann going all LB) with all indications of a good hire forthcoming.

DawgRockur
04-22-2018, 10:53 AM
Satan does the ight thing too. It?s awful

yjnkdawg
04-22-2018, 12:04 PM
In reference to former Alabama coaches under Saban, I don't think that Pruitt will be as "smart" of a HC as Kirby Smart has been.

WeWonItAll(Most)
04-22-2018, 12:14 PM
Lord I'm glad we didn't hire that guy. He sounds like an idiot

thf24
04-22-2018, 03:29 PM

I posted something similar in the Spring game thread but it seems to belong here.

I don't think Tennessee is going to be the Tennessee of say the 1990s, as an example, again. For the most part, it seems that UT alumni and supporters are the only ones that can't see it. Things have changed in the college sports world, as they always do from time to time, that can really steer the entire ship in another direction. Tennessee's "glory years" had to rely on national recruiting. They no longer have an advantage anymore that they once had to do that. Everybody, in the SEC at least, is on TV every week and has a nice big (except the Commodres) stadium. And there is more parity in general than there was two decades ago just as there was then than there was four decades ago. Their program is not better than ours and their situation is actually worse. We're trending up. Tennessee is.... not. But they have a support base that considers 7-5 or 8-4 to be unacceptable. Constant 10 win seasons is no longer sustainable in the SEC anywhere but Bama and that is only until Saban leaves. Florida actually has the same issue, though not quite to the extent Vol Nation does, which Dimingo Montoya is going to find out in his short tenure as the Gators' head coach.

I guess what I'm saying is that the college football world has changed and until a major paradigm change comes around that suits them better OR their support base faces reality they are going to continue to go through a string of coaching changes when that is not the problem. Then the constant coaching changes make it worse.

I agree with you that success at the highest level for them depends heavily on national recruiting because the average talent within their natural footprint usually isn't great. I'm not sure the ability for the right guy to recruit nationally has passed them by quite yet though; they had a top 5 class as recently as 2015. They'll lose it though if they don't get the "right guy" in there within 5 to 10 years, and I don't think Pruitt is that guy.

WeWonItAll(Most)
04-22-2018, 03:56 PM
I agree with you that success at the highest level for them depends heavily on national recruiting because the average talent within their natural footprint usually isn't great. I'm not sure the ability for the right guy to recruit nationally has passed them by quite yet though; they had a top 5 class as recently as 2015. They'll lose it though if they don't get the "right guy" in there within 5 to 10 years, and I don't think Pruitt is that guy.

Frost at Nebraska will be an interesting case-study to me with regards to Tennessee. Another school that's debateably a has-been who lost their past advantages, but I think Frost is a much, much better coach then Pruitt

RocketDawg
04-22-2018, 04:37 PM

Absolutely I'm glad. He was about the 10th choice for Tennessee. I don't think he'll last long there.

Gutter Cobreh
04-22-2018, 08:57 PM
Frost at Nebraska will be an interesting case-study to me with regards to Tennessee. Another school that's debateably a has-been who lost their past advantages, but I think Frost is a much, much better coach then Pruitt

Well, he did win a NC last year at UCF of all places!***

msstate7
04-22-2018, 09:05 PM

Frost is big time

Bulldog1
04-22-2018, 09:09 PM
Frost is big time

He's no Willie Taggart though** LOL.

Dawg61
04-22-2018, 11:38 PM

Lol, +1

Todd4State
04-23-2018, 12:37 AM
yep, I was living in Memphis back during the Fulmer days when they won that natty. stories galore. cheating out their asses. the big defensive guy (Means?) that bamer paid the h.s. coach on was popcorn material for eons.

Which is probably a big reason why Fulmer is their AD now. With Pruitt they are going to try to combine Saban's recruiting techniques with Fulmer's. It may work out like Smart. Or more than likely it will be like when Ole Miss hired Ed Orgeron with the hope that Pruitt can leave the next coach with some good players.

Todd4State
04-23-2018, 12:40 AM
Lord I'm glad we didn't hire that guy. He sounds like an idiot

I am too. I think Joe has the best combination of football IQ and recruiting and player development.

Had we hired Pruitt I think we would have been about what Ole Miss was under Freeze. Probably win a game or two that we shouldn't but also lose a game or two we shouldn't and generally beat people that we are better than and probably would have recruited well.

msstate7
04-23-2018, 06:41 AM

Who is?

Bully13
04-23-2018, 07:06 AM
Which is probably a big reason why Fulmer is their AD now. With Pruitt they are going to try to combine Saban's recruiting techniques with Fulmer's. It may work out like Smart. Or more than likely it will be like when Ole Miss hired Ed Orgeron with the hope that Pruitt can leave the next coach with some good players.

LOL. I tend to forget from time to time Fulmer is their AD. He prolly black mailed his way into that gig by threatening to write a book. (he would have had to have someone else write it though, he would have needed a LOT of help)

RocketDawg
04-23-2018, 07:59 AM
LOL. I tend to forget from time to time Fulmer is their AD. He prolly black mailed his way into that gig by threatening to write a book. (he would have had to have someone else write it though, he would have needed a LOT of help)

Then tend to not hire the scholarly type, huh ... Fulmer, Pruitt, Butch was no genius .... All that should make us eternally thankful for Cohen, Moorhead, Schaefer, and Howland.

ckDOG
04-23-2018, 12:16 PM
How serious of a candidate was he? I know he was discussed in great detail but was Cohen even considering pulling the trigger? This guy sounds like a complete joke.

msbulldog
04-23-2018, 12:20 PM
How serious of a candidate was he? I know he was discussed in great detail but was Cohen even considering pulling the trigger? This guy sounds like a complete joke.

I think it was more of him and his agent putting his name out there than Cohen expressing any interest. Matter of fact and I might have missed something, but I don't ever remember Cohen mentioning Pruitt.

parabrave
04-23-2018, 12:41 PM

Smart has GA to recruit which has talent everywhere, so he really doesn't need to go nationwide. Pruitt has well Memphis and maybe Southaven. He has to recruit nationally like most everyone not in FL, CA or TX.

ckDOG
04-23-2018, 12:48 PM
I think it was more of him and his agent putting his name out there than Cohen expressing any interest. Matter of fact and I might have missed something, but I don't ever remember Cohen mentioning Pruitt.

Tend to agree with this. I?m sure we interviewed him but he certainly doesn?t come across as a guy Cohen would have been fired up about. He is the complete opposite of Moorhead in every respect.

parabrave
04-23-2018, 03:45 PM
Tend to agree with this. I?m sure we interviewed him but he certainly doesn?t come across as a guy Cohen would have been fired up about. He is the complete opposite of Moorhead in every respect.

So you are saying he is the Bama version of Ed O?

ShotgunDawg
04-23-2018, 03:58 PM
Smart has GA to recruit which has talent everywhere, so he really doesn't need to go nationwide. Pruitt has well Memphis and maybe Southaven. He has to recruit nationally like most everyone not in FL, CA or TX.

Pruitt has Memphis and Southaven?

basedog
04-23-2018, 04:09 PM
Cohen interviewed Pruitt.

Also Fat Boy is trash, Johnny Majors was laid up in a hospital while he was HC at Tn and Fat Boy stabbed him in the back becoming Majors replacement.

Bulldog1
04-23-2018, 04:13 PM
Jeremy “Aight” Pruitt at his best...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqYgNi2a2EE

That's hilarious.

RocketDawg
04-23-2018, 04:37 PM

I seem to remember that he (Pruitt) expressed excitement about coming to MSU after his interview. Am I remembering correctly? Cohen certainly didn't stop interviewing, or perhaps he already had Moorhead lined up. Also seems like a lot of our fans liked Pruitt until they saw the infamous asparagus video.

RocketDawg
04-23-2018, 04:39 PM
That's hilarious.

The women in the audience that they showed briefly ... were they smiling with joy of having him, or were they laughing at him?

Bulldog1
04-23-2018, 04:53 PM
The women in the audience that they showed briefly ... were they smiling with joy of having him, or were they laughing at him?

That must be his family. Just smiling I guess. I know if I was there, I'd have to get up and walk out, laughing while I walked out.