PDA

View Full Version : Comic Books

Dawgology
04-21-2018, 06:58 PM
I guess it's time I came out of the closet...I have an extensive comic book collection. I have been collecting for about thirty years.

That being said, if any of y'all have an old comic book collection that was left to you, passed down, or left over from your childhood days. Or if you have a current collection that you are looking to trade or sell then hit me up.

I also take inherited and older collections and price them for the owners/inheritors. I do this for free and just ask that if you decide to sell them that I get first dibs on purchasing. If not, we'll, it's cool that I get to help folks find hidden gems. It's a hobby of mine...not business.

Just thought I would throw this out and see what other folks thought or if I have fellow comic book nerds on this board.

iPat09
04-23-2018, 11:02 AM
I have an extensive Green Lantern collection. When I was a child, my dad had his own GL collection that started with the reboot in the 90s. I would read them all the time and that's how GL became my favorite. Now that I've grown up, I've put together my collection of the same ones.

Dawgology
04-24-2018, 05:55 PM
I have an extensive Green Lantern collection. When I was a child, my dad had his own GL collection that started with the reboot in the 90s. I would read them all the time and that's how GL became my favorite. Now that I've grown up, I've put together my collection of the same ones.

That's awesome. I have a friend who has pretty much the same story. His dad collected Uncanny X-Men but sold them off later in life. This guy has gone back and is attempting to collect the ENTIRE series....and he is damn close. He's dropped some dime on the early one (Issues 1-50).

Tbonewannabe
04-26-2018, 12:01 PM
I have some just in a bin in my closet. Mostly from early 90s. It was when Valiant and Image was big although I do have others. I might send you a list and you could tell me if they are worth anything.

I sold my collection once when I was 12 to a high school guy that was on my bus route. I wish I still had them because I bought every Spider-Man I could find. I had the first appearance of Punisher and Venom. Also had a lot of Batman so my dumb 12 year old self probably bought 4 Nintendo games with all of that money.

Dawgology
04-26-2018, 05:17 PM
I have some just in a bin in my closet. Mostly from early 90s. It was when Valiant and Image was big although I do have others. I might send you a list and you could tell me if they are worth anything.

I sold my collection once when I was 12 to a high school guy that was on my bus route. I wish I still had them because I bought every Spider-Man I could find. I had the first appearance of Punisher and Venom. Also had a lot of Batman so my dumb 12 year old self probably bought 4 Nintendo games with all of that money.

Yep, I hear that often. The ones that hurt are "I had all my dad's comic books and trashed them last year" or something along those lines. It pains me to hear that. Yeah, shoot me your list some time and I can let you know what you have value-wise.

BrunswickDawg
04-27-2018, 10:09 AM
My Dad supposedly had a huge comic book and Mad Magazine collection from the 50s and early 60s. When he went to college in 65, my grandmother threw them all away