PDA

View Full Version : Since rumors are encouraged...

BankerDog
04-21-2018, 01:44 PM
It's making the rounds in Starkville this weekend, Cohen has informed the players who the new baseball coach will be. It's a great hire, if true, and is one of the top coaches in the game.

I really like Cohen as an AD. He is going to do great things for this university and our first national championship will come under him leading our athletics program.

I seen it dawg
04-21-2018, 01:48 PM
I'm not saying it's not true but i would find it highly stupid to do that. Can't see it. It gets out too easily. But shit why not.

msstate7
04-21-2018, 01:48 PM
You always have great info, but I question this. I assume it would be a coach at a school currently. If Cohen really did this, he might as well just write an article telling who it is for AP bc there is zero chance 18-22 year old can keep it quiet

I seen it dawg
04-21-2018, 01:49 PM
Ice raining down in hell...7 and I agree. Just call espn and announce it.

msbulldog
04-21-2018, 01:49 PM
That's hard to believe. I can't believe Cohen would tell anyone who the next coach is going to be, unless that person is not presently coaching for another school.

BankerDog
04-21-2018, 01:51 PM
I'm not saying it's not true but i would find it highly stupid to do that. Can't see it. It gets out too easily. But shit why not.

We'll see if it's true. I don't wanna throw a name out just out of respect for our AD and such. We'll see in the next few weeks.

msstate7
04-21-2018, 01:53 PM
Ice raining down in hell...7 and I agree. Just call espn and announce it.

Lol

StarkVegasSteve
04-21-2018, 01:57 PM
It's making the rounds in Starkville this weekend, Cohen has informed the players who the new baseball coach will be. It's a great hire, if true, and is one of the top coaches in the game.

I really like Cohen as an AD. He is going to do great things for this university and our first national championship will come under him leading our athletics program.

This is true. Was told by a few people who?d be in the know that players have basically been told who our new HC is. And FWIW the IB made a hell of a hire

HaggardDawg
04-21-2018, 01:59 PM
I'm NOT suggesting he's the guy but is it possible that Buck Showalter could be a possibility. He didn't rule it out at the Mississippi College banquet back in the fall. He also said his is the last year of his contract with the Orioles.

ShotgunDawg
04-21-2018, 02:12 PM
I think this is a bad rumor.

No one knows except Cohen and the guy. Trust me....

If the players knew, the media would already have it and it would be incredibly unclassy of MSU to disrupt that current coach's season by releasing it before the season is over.

Only way telling anyone now would make any sense is if the new coach is currently out of coaching.

Red Sox Dawg
04-21-2018, 02:17 PM
It's a rumor going around Starkville, players know, but you won't say who it is? Why say anything at all?

Jack Lambert
04-21-2018, 02:17 PM
Well if they do have the coach more then just Cohen knows who it is.

CadaverDawg
04-21-2018, 02:19 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/OnlyCreativeBarasinga-size_restricted.gif

deadheaddawg
04-21-2018, 02:20 PM
If Cohen is telling the players who the coach is this early and before the deal has officially been closed....then he is not nearly as smart and as savy as we thought.

TNDawg35
04-21-2018, 02:21 PM
I still say it’s either McDonnell, Tadlock, or Corbin....

ScoobaDawg
04-21-2018, 02:31 PM
Rumors are encouraged. But logic should be required. There is no way Cohen would do this. Say he did, and it's making it's way through town this weekend. There would be a story in our local paper and possible the coach's local paper also. The coach would be asked. have to deny. akward situation... then at the end of the season, we wait and see if they have a change of heart and get a big pay raise or not. Nothing is done yet...

BankerDog
04-21-2018, 02:38 PM
It may be a bad rumor and I'll own up to it. But if it's not, I'm not going to beat my chest. You guys will be happy with the hire if it's true.

Understand where I'm coming from out of respect for the athletic department, if it is true. There may be a handshake agreement in place and it's made it's way to the players then made its way to me. Nothing more, nothing less. The players could've been told one thing but usually the information I get is accurate. I trust my guy on this. Time will tell. Makes for good speculation.

ScoobaDawg
04-21-2018, 02:46 PM
It may be a bad rumor and I'll own up to it. But if it's not, I'm not going to beat my chest. You guys will be happy with the hire if it's true.

Understand where I'm coming from out of respect for the athletic department, if it is true. There may be a handshake agreement in place and it's made it's way to the players then made its way to me. Nothing more, nothing less. The players could've been told one thing but usually the information I get is accurate. I trust my guy on this. Time will tell. Makes for good speculation.

Yep.. i don't blame you for posting.. it's a very interesting situation we are in. Hopefully we are locked in and will get this "first" choice.

parabrave
04-21-2018, 02:49 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/OnlyCreativeBarasinga-size_restricted.gif

Classic

Bully13
04-21-2018, 03:03 PM
If it's a current college coach, I'm not believing this. this could be only true if it were Showalter.

HaggardDawg
04-21-2018, 03:10 PM
If it's a current college coach, I'm not believing this. this could be only true if it were Showalter.

Great point. If the rumor is true, it's Showalter or a pro guy.

ScoobaDawg
04-21-2018, 03:14 PM
Great point. If the rumor is true, it's Showalter or a pro guy.

Showalter would be a hell of a name get..and likely a good college coach. But he better bring one hell of a staff under him who can recruit.

MarketingBully
04-21-2018, 03:45 PM
There’s already rumors leaking out that Louisville is going to be in the midst of a coaching search after this year among the big boosters which was reported on this board earlier. This is going to heat up further as we get into May. Do the math guys. Cohen has his man.

ScoobaDawg
04-21-2018, 03:48 PM
There’s already rumors leaking out that Louisville is going to be in the midst of a coaching search after this year among the big boosters which was reported on this board earlier. This is going to heat up further as we get into May. Do the math guys. Cohen has his man.

If we are hiring one of the guys we think we are.. things might still be "heating up" in june at the cws. Sure wouldn't complain about having your new coach coming off a omaha appearance.

MarketingBully
04-21-2018, 03:52 PM
If we are hiring one of the guys we think we are.. things might still be "heating up" in june at the cws. Sure wouldn't complain about having your new coach coming off a omaha appearance.

I get it but odds are good Louisville won’t make it out of a regional since they have a young team and should be a 2 or 3 seed in someone else’s regional. I think it would benefit us greatly if they go 2 and que and we can get McDonnell in here a week or two later. That’s a huge splash hire no matter when you do it.

msstate7
04-21-2018, 04:04 PM
We aren't getting buck or an mlb guy. Come on now

MarketingBully
04-21-2018, 04:05 PM

It’s McDonnell IMO.

msstate7
04-21-2018, 04:10 PM
It’s McDonnell IMO.

That's realistic. Poaching an mlb team is not

maroonmania
04-21-2018, 04:12 PM

Any non-college coach will not be a HR hire. Too much risk in it.

MarketingBully
04-21-2018, 04:20 PM

Hiring McDonnell accomplishes three interesting things: 1) and most importantly it gets us a coach capable of winning a national championship in baseball, 2) it pisses Ole Miss fans off to absolutely no end as they thought they would get McDonnell when Bianco retired and they absolutely loved McDonnell when he was in Oxford, and 3) and another interesting thing it weakens Louisville and makes recruiting easier for Ming at Kentucky (Cohen and Barnhardt are still great friends).

deadheaddawg
04-21-2018, 04:24 PM

if we hire who you are hearing, that is not confirmation that the rumor was true. It just makes zero sense thar Cohen would tell the players.

Maybe Cohen has his guy and it's leaked out and the players are talking about it.....but that is not the same thing as telling the players.

There is almost no chance Cohen has told the players. Word may have gotten out another way though

ScoobaDawg
04-21-2018, 04:35 PM
if we hire who you are hearing, that is not confirmation that the rumor was true. It just makes zero sense thar Cohen would tell the players.

Maybe Cohen has his guy and it's leaked out and the players are talking about it.....but that is not the same thing as telling the players.

There is almost no chance Cohen has told the players. Word may have gotten out another way though

exactly.

maroonmania
04-21-2018, 04:36 PM

Agree that I don't believe Cohen did that either. Would be very unprofessional and very un-Cohen like.

Bully13
04-21-2018, 04:40 PM

when asked recently he said he would not rule it out. he's also in his last year of his MLB contract. now he may of just said that to us to be nice. dunno.

Would be funny too if he did come. Polk crawling back on his knees begging for a shot as an assistant, kissing ass and apologizing and shit. LOL.

Would make a big media splash on the national scene. but Scooba's right on the crootin' side. would need some heavy hitters helping out. But can you imagine Buck walking into a croots home? awesome.

No way it would not be a "HR" hire. just because he's never been a college HC? no sir, that dog doesn't hunt.

Bully13
04-21-2018, 04:44 PM

If it leaked, that's unprofessional of either Cohen or someone else if it's a college guy. the "guy" may tell us to 17 off for being unprofessional and shit. that would be a disaster and would truly mean our baseball team is truly cursed.

fccee1
04-21-2018, 04:54 PM
It?s McDonnell IMO.

It is not McDonnell

Bully13
04-21-2018, 04:55 PM
It is not McDonnell

who is it then?

Bulldog1
04-21-2018, 04:56 PM
It is not McDonnell

Says who?

fccee1
04-21-2018, 05:14 PM
Says who?

I don?t know who it is i just know it is not him..

Talked to a guy whose father knows him.

He called McDonnell and asked point blank and he said he wasn?t coming.

I seen it dawg
04-21-2018, 05:17 PM
Bringing Cannizzaro back

I seen it dawg
04-21-2018, 05:18 PM

I have a great job and am not looking to go anywhere....Dan Mullen

bobcat91
04-21-2018, 05:20 PM
First of all no coach for another team is going to tell the truth if he is planning to accept another job when he is in the middle of a season. Secondly, Cohen is a very bright guy and he would never tip his hand like that by talking about a hire in mid season. Thirdly, Buck would be a terrible hire. He's too old and his my way or the highway routine would be a disaster with todays players.

Having said all this, I feel from listening to Cohen that he has already secured a new HC. He will announce it at the proper time.

Bully13
04-21-2018, 05:28 PM
First of all no coach for another team is going to tell the truth if he is planning to accept another job when he is in the middle of a season. Secondly, Cohen is a very bright guy and he would never tip his hand like that by talking about a hire in mid season. Thirdly, Buck would be a terrible hire. He's too old and his my way or the highway routine would be a disaster with todays players.

Having said all this, I feel from listening to Cohen that he has already secured a new HC. He will announce it at the proper time.

First part correct, your Showalter comment incorrect.

Activated Alpha
04-21-2018, 05:32 PM
Just cashed in all my favors to find out. Know a guy that knows the ironman himself. It'll be Cal Ripken Jr.****

deadheaddawg
04-21-2018, 05:33 PM
If it leaked, that's unprofessional of either Cohen or someone else if it's a college guy. the "guy" may tell us to 17 off for being unprofessional and shit. that would be a disaster and would truly mean our baseball team is truly cursed.

leaks can come from either end or the people in the middle.

deadheaddawg
04-21-2018, 05:34 PM

That almost settles it. Can you get him to call him back and ask him about pine boxes?

BankerDog
04-21-2018, 05:38 PM
Bringing Cannizzaro back

Don't start that rumor back up. I've had several text me asking me about that in the last week.

bobcat91
04-21-2018, 05:41 PM
First part correct, your Showalter comment incorrect.

Let me be more blunt. Buck is a nasty growling cancer of a coach that gets run out of town everywhere he goes. Would set our program back 10 years. Fortunately John is not that stupid.

turkish
04-21-2018, 06:15 PM
Let me be more blunt. Buck is a nasty growling cancer of a coach that gets run out of town everywhere he goes. Would set our program back 10 years. Fortunately John is not that stupid.
I genuinely appreciate your directness. Haha.

Bully13
04-21-2018, 06:37 PM

First of all, that bobcat 17ing rocks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buck_Showalter

During his first minor league season with the Fort Lauderdale Yankees he picked up the nickname "Buck" from manager Ed Napoleon because of his tendency to sit around the clubhouse "buck naked."[4] (ME) didn't know that LOL.

and eventually succeeded Stump Merrill as the team's manager for the 1992 season. During his four years as the Yankees' manager, the team posted a record of 313–268, finishing first during the strike-shortened season, thereby being named by the Associated Press as the American League Manager of the Year and became the 1995 American League manager for the All-Star Game. The Yankees won the AL wild card in 1995, participating in the playoffs for the first time since 1981. However, they lost to the Seattle Mariners in the Division Series. Following the season, owner George Steinbrenner offered Showalter a new, two-year contract—but demanded that Showalter fire his hitting coach, Rick Down. Showalter was unwilling to do this and resigned.[11] Showalter's ouster was due in part to the playoff loss and other fallouts from the strike.[12][13] It was the second time that the Yankees fired their managers as a result of a strike; the Yankees fired Gene Michael as a result of the 1981 strike.[14][15][16] Showalter finished with a regular season record of 313 wins and 268 losses and a playoff record of two wins and three losses.[17]
The Yankees won the World Series the following year and they would win the World Series in 4 of the next 5 years. However, Showalter couldn't watch the Yankees win the World Series, saying that "I feel badly for the fans" in New York for what they lost during the 1994 strike.[18] Showalter and Michael are credited with building the teams that won five World Championships,

Showalter managed the 1999 team to a 100–62 record, the best in the National League West, but lost in the NLDS to the New York Mets. Following a mediocre third season, however, the Diamondbacks fired Showalter, leaving him with a 3-year record of 250–236.[17] Just as the Yankees did after replacing him, the Diamondbacks won the World Series the following year.

After a few years as an analyst on ESPN, Buck Showalter was hired as manager of the Texas Rangers on October 11, 2002, following a last-place season under manager Jerry Narron. In his first season with the Rangers, Showalter managed the team to a 71–91 record – again in last place; but following the high-profile, off-season trade which sent Alex Rodriguez to the Yankees, Showalter's Rangers jumped out to an early-season record of 17–9 by early May of the 2004 season. The Rangers stayed in playoff contention for most of the season, performing far better than most had predicted. The Rangers failed to make the playoffs, finishing third in the AL West, though Showalter was again named Manager of the Year. In Showalter's 4 years with the Rangers the team failed to finish better than third (of four teams) in the AL West. He was fired as manager on October 4, 2006. He finished his Rangers career with a 319–329 record.[17]

In his debut as manager on August 3, the Orioles recorded a 6-3 win over the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim at Oriole Park, leading to a three-game sweep.[23][24] The team's first-ever season series sweep of the Angels was completed by the end of the month.[25] The 2010 Orioles won 34 of 57 games played under Showalter, second only to the Phillies during the same stretch.[1] Showalter became the first manager in MLB history to take over a team in August and coach them to more wins for the remainder of a season, than the team previously had before hiring him.

He managed the 1,000th victory of his major-league career in a 7–1 triumph at Yankee Stadium on May 1, 2012.[26] Showalter finished the 2012 season with a .574 winning percentage, winning 93 games, and ending a streak of losing seasons for the Orioles at 14.
Under Showalter, the Orioles reached the postseason for the first time since 1997, defeating the Texas Rangers in a one-game playoff on October 5, 2012. The Orioles were later defeated by the New York Yankees in the 2012 American League Division Series, 3 games to 2. Showalter was named the AL Manager of the Year by The Sporting News.[27] He has re-signed through 2018 with the Orioles.[28]
After finishing out of play-off contention in the 2013 season, Showalter led the 2014 Orioles to the AL East title—the franchise's first in 17 years. The Orioles subsequently swept the Detroit Tigers (3-0) in the ALDS for Showalter's first major league ALDS title, before being swept themselves (4-0) by the Kansas City Royals in the ALCS.

On November 11, 2014, Showalter won his third AL Manager of the Year award, his first since 2004.[29][30][31][32]
The Orioles finished the 2015 season with an 81–81 record, giving them their fourth consecutive non-losing season. And in 2016, the Orioles finished tied for second in the American League East with an 89–73 record. They made the postseason for the third time in five years, but lost 5–2 in 11 innings to the Toronto Blue Jays during the AL Wild Card game.

ME: Nasty growling cancer of a coach? that always gets "run out of town?" a 4 time MLB coach of the year would set us back 10 years? not understanding. please splain.

bobcat91
04-21-2018, 06:59 PM
This is the majors. His contract with the Orioles was not extended and he will be gone at years end. Arizona fired him for among other things not being able to get along with players: same was said in NY.. No one can know how he would recruit because he has no college history. So you want z guy that doesnt play well with others and hasnt had to recruit. No thanks

ScoobaDawg
04-21-2018, 07:05 PM
This is the majors. His contract with the Orioles was not extended and he will be gone at years end. Arizona fired him for among other things not being able to get along with players: same was said in NY.. No one can know how he would recruit because he has no college history. So you want z guy that doesnt play well with others and hasnt had to recruit. No thanks

Screw it..bring him in.. and fire him in 3 years.. and we are then guaranteed to win a NC in the next 2 years.... What are we waiting for? It's a sure bet..

Bully13
04-21-2018, 07:13 PM

Did you read about the reasons he was fired from NY and AZ? How he would croot? you kidding me? "Hey dad, Buck Showalter wants to come by and visit, he's been the HC for the NY Yankees, AZ Diamondbacks, and the Baltimore Orioles"

DAD: " No 17 him, I've heard he's an asshole cancer"

that your take?

bobcat91
04-21-2018, 07:18 PM
You are using wikipedia as your source. Not the most reliable place to get info

yjnkdawg
04-21-2018, 07:40 PM
If it leak5 (http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?66197-Arkansas-Game-3-Sweep-the-leg!/page5)ed, that's unprofessional of either Cohen or someone else if it's a college guy. the "guy" may tell us to 17 off for being unprofessional and shit. that would be a disaster and would truly mean our baseball team is truly cursed.

If it is leaked out it is not from Cohen. He doesn't operate like that. He said how the coaching search would be handled.

maroonmania
04-21-2018, 08:30 PM

Geez, the last person that is going to tell you he is leaving one school for another is the coach himself. I have no idea who it is but the fact that McDonnell denied he was moving jobs to someone doesn't mean squat one way or the other.

yjnkdawg
04-21-2018, 08:35 PM
If Cohen has already got our new head coach lined up who he plans to hire, but plans to not release this information until their last game has been played, then the logical source for a leak right now should be from the upcoming coach's current school, supporters, or the media, and not from MSU related sources, JMO

Todd4State
04-21-2018, 09:57 PM
Did you read about the reasons he was fired from NY and AZ? How he would croot? you kidding me? "Hey dad, Buck Showalter wants to come by and visit, he's been the HC for the NY Yankees, AZ Diamondbacks, and the Baltimore Orioles"

DAD: " No 17 him, I've heard he's an asshole cancer"

that your take?

Again the only way I could see a MLB guy working in college baseball is if he has a pitching and hitting coach that are elite recruiters and know the college game well from a recruiting aspect. The thing is most MLB guys don't know or have as good a relationship with those types of coaches because they are around MLB people most of the time.

MarketingBully
04-21-2018, 11:53 PM

Exactly. I don’t care who asked who if they weren’t coming if he was coming he’d still say he wasn’t. And why did the friend ask him that in the first place?

Bully13
04-22-2018, 09:14 AM
Exactly. I don’t care who asked who if they weren’t coming if he was coming he’d still say he wasn’t. And why did the friend ask him that in the first place?

good question. why would he have asked?

DAWGS1
04-22-2018, 11:44 AM
Unless he told them Wednesday night or after, this is a bullshit rumor.
As of Wednesday, players DID NOT KNOW.

fccee1
04-22-2018, 12:18 PM
If Cohen has already got our new head coach lined up who he plans to hire, but plans to not release this information until their last game has been played, then the logical source for a leak right now should be from the upcoming coach's current school, supporters, or the media, and not from MSU related sources, JMO

I know it is all just hearsay and coach speak but he did not say he was not leaving Louisville he said ?no way he is going to Mississippi State?. All that said he probably has made and offer on Dan?s house.

MarketingBully
04-22-2018, 02:45 PM
I know it is all just hearsay and coach speak but he did not say he was not leaving Louisville he said ?no way he is going to Mississippi State?. All that said he probably has made and offer on Dan?s house.

Nick Saban also stated there was no way he’s going to Alabama and he was perfectly happy in Miami. McDonnell wouldn’t have told the guy anything regardless because he’s still coaching Louisville!

MarketingBully
04-22-2018, 02:48 PM

I’d bet he would have also told your guy he didn’t make contact with MSU and he loves the new Louisville AD as well. Both of those are lies but he would say it anyway.

The Federalist Engineer
04-22-2018, 04:19 PM
If this rumor is true, it's the stupidest thing imaginable, we are run by Cleveland Brown management

pilldawg
04-22-2018, 05:22 PM
If this rumor is true, it's the stupidest thing imaginable, we are run by Cleveland Brown management

I don't think it's true by the way.

Bulldog1
04-22-2018, 05:25 PM
Comment on Genes Page

https://s18.postimg.cc/b80hvc1vt/0677177_A-7367-455_B-_A827-04_CBC7424_D1_A.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

I want to focus on the part:

Coach Henderson is doing an outstanding job and deserves consideration as our next head coach.

Does anyone really want Henderson as our head coach?
Even the Henderson supporters have to say he would be a VERY underwhelming hire.

Bully13
04-22-2018, 05:45 PM

I don't think it's true

Bully13
04-22-2018, 05:47 PM
Comment on Genes Page

https://s18.postimg.cc/b80hvc1vt/0677177_A-7367-455_B-_A827-04_CBC7424_D1_A.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Even the Henderson supporters have to say he would be a VERY underwhelming hire.

We TAKE coaches from KY, we don't hire ones that were fired from them. Or any other school for that matter.

Bulldog1
04-22-2018, 05:50 PM
We TAKE coaches from KY, we don't hire ones that were fired from them. Or any other school for that matter.

I went over because I thought someone would say this. But I had no idea anyone actually believed what that guy said.

yjnkdawg
04-22-2018, 06:46 PM
Comment on Genes Page

The poster received one direct comment to his post (that I saw), and that was that Henderson was a pretty good pitching coach (not head coach). Our pitching coach is where Henderson would have preferred to still be I'm pretty sure at this particular point in time in his baseball career, and then the Cann fiasco changed that.

yjnkdawg
04-22-2018, 07:35 PM
I can't see why it seems OM never has any issues or worries with anything interfering, or possibly derailing a coaching search they conduct. Maybe they have, but I just can't remember an incident. Maybe it is a OM friendly media, or none of their supporters want to be the "I know first thing"? There are some sports media out there who would really like be the first to break the news of who our new coach will be. If they do obtain this information, I just hope they will use common sense and not derail a potential hire.

Bully13
04-22-2018, 07:42 PM
I can't see why it seems OM never has any issues or worries with anything interfering, or possibly derailing a coaching search they conduct. Maybe they have, but I just can't remember an incident. Maybe it is a OM friendly media, or none of their supporters want to be the "I know first thing"? There are some sports media out there who would really like be the first to break the news of who our new coach will be. If they do obtain this information, I just hope they will use common sense and not derail a potential hire.

tsun don't have extramarital affairs unless rose bowl and Tom Mars are doing work.

preachermatt83
04-22-2018, 10:06 PM
I believe without a doubt that cohen has his man but there is no way he has told the players. I will be absolutely shocked if it's not Tadlock but Corbin and McDonnell are the only other two that wouldn't surprise me. Oh and any of the three would be a slam dunk, touchdown, and grand slam of a hire

Todd4State
04-23-2018, 12:08 AM

Well, let's be honest. Their football searches turn out to be underwhelming when they tell their fans that Archie is going to get them Tony Dungy and they end up with Hugh Freeze or Matt Luke. Of course with them their football searches are always only going to be a small circle of coaches because of how their alumni demand to be involved in the program in terms of illegal recruiting and most coaches aren't going to be willing to put their jobs and careers on the line for that. So, their head coaches for the most part are going to be guys like Luke that want the job anyway and have no other real options.

Based on how the Cann hire went which was basically with Manieri even knowing he was interested I think Cohen will handle it well. The thing about 247 and Genespage merging also means that there is less competition between the two and therefore "breaking the news first" isn't as imperative for their business since they are going to be "first" anyway.

Todd4State
04-23-2018, 12:17 AM
I believe without a doubt that cohen has his man but there is no way he has told the players. I will be absolutely shocked if it's not Tadlock but Corbin and McDonnell are the only other two that wouldn't surprise me. Oh and any of the three would be a slam dunk, touchdown, and grand slam of a hire

Telling the team at this point doesn't make sense because if we do the interim coaches obviously will know too. And that would give them even less incentive to perform more than likely. Even though yes, I'm sure that they all realize that they are probably not coming back anyway. And yes, maybe it wouldn't matter one way or the other but if you are Cohen why would you risk it at this point after the way everything else has gone down so far? Plus with 35 or so college aged players and social media the odds of one of them leaking it out are pretty high and that could mess up someone's season potentially which is the opposite of what Cohen wants to do.

All I know is that he is keeping the team updated on the search- which probably amounts to about what we have gotten in recent interviews about how several good coaches are interested and etc.

My personal belief based on the rumors I have heard is that Cohen probably knows that he has several options at the moment and when the season ends he is going to make the call at that point in time. Which is why we have probably heard several names mentioned. I suspect Cohen will make his final decision sometime between the SEC Tournament and the regionals and then officially pull the trigger once the new coach's season ends.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-23-2018, 09:59 AM

Wait..I thought it was Tadlock and we were supposed to book mark a thread...

Political Hack
04-23-2018, 11:51 AM

That's why we don't do that sometimes. We knew Cann was ford and wanted to warn people to soften the blow, but also didn't see a need to "be first" especially since it was bad news. Other media (social and otherwise) want to break the story. They don't think about what's best for the university. I was really, really hopeful that something could change and Cann could still be saved. Even a 1% chance of that happening was worth waiting on.

That said, I don't give a damn if Louisiville reads on Elitedawgs that their coach is leaving early.

Johnson85
04-23-2018, 12:06 PM

If it leaked, it probably means the potential coach's agent leaked it and he is playing us or the current team for a bigger payday. There is a small possibility that somebody under Cohen overheard something and was stupid enough to endanger his/her job to leak it. There is a small possibility that the coach himself leaked it to say a wife, who then leaked it.

But in reality, Cohen has probably reached out to a few agents, has gauged interest, knows who his first choice of those indicating an intent to take it and has an idea of the basic terms it will take (years and dollars). We'll see a deal hammered out in less than a week after the completion of their season (unless we end up moving on to a second choice who did not advance as far).

preachermatt83
04-23-2018, 01:34 PM

That's correct. Re-read the post you quoted.... I will be absolutely shocked if it's not Tadlock.

yjnkdawg
04-23-2018, 04:41 PM

It said on twitter that MSU fans should start getting used to the name Tadlock, or something similar to that. lol

Bully13
04-23-2018, 06:58 PM
Maybe Preach needs to change that Sig? just 17ing with you Preach. You know I love you man.