PDA

View Full Version : UM Homophobic Slurs

ChupacabraDawg
10-07-2013, 11:32 AM
From Hot or Not section on the ESPN SEC Blog:

FREEZER BURN

Avoiding off-the-field drama: It has not been the best run for the SEC in terms of staying out of the headlines off the field. Last week, Alabama placed an assistant strength coach on administrative leave after he loaned safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix some money this summer. The Tide have filed a waiver to have Clinton-Dix?s eligibility reinstated. There was also an uproar at Ole Miss when allegations surfaced that members of the football team were making homophobic slurs at a play on campus based on the murder of a gay University of Wyoming student. Ole Miss officials investigated and said they found no evidence that players used any anti-gay slurs.

Who saw this coming? I for one did. Look for zero punishment coming.

slickdawg
10-07-2013, 11:38 AM
Dude, they had an ACADEMICALLY INELIGIBLE PLAYER ON THE TEAM last year, and didn't have to vacate one single win. This is what happens when you have qualified attorneys running your compliance department.

'Merica Dawg
10-07-2013, 01:11 PM
i can't believe no one has mentioned this yet

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9771643/ole-miss-finds-no-evidence-football-players-used-homophobic-slurs

ckDOG
10-07-2013, 01:19 PM
Didn't a player or some players apologize? I could easily see a paper running away with a story to get internet traffic, but doesn't the apology indicate somebody was in the wrong? I wouldn't apologize for something I didn't do...

hells bells
10-07-2013, 01:24 PM
Didn't a player or some players apologize? I could easily see a paper running away with a story to get internet traffic, but doesn't the apology indicate somebody was in the wrong? I wouldn't apologize for something I didn't do...

Was with three UM Alums Friday that are older in the late 50's to 60's. All three thought this was hilarious. Found this rather amazing. Personally, I would be embarrassed about the situation.

PassInterference
10-07-2013, 01:29 PM
Was with three UM Alums Friday that are older in the late 50's to 60's. All three thought this was hilarious. Found this rather amazing.

I've seen the same thing with Ole Miss friends. The find it funny and they are offended The University is actually looking into it.

notsofarawaydawg
10-07-2013, 01:35 PM
The media has tried to make it out as if more than one player has apologized but the students in the play say that the players seemed to not understand what exactly they were apologizing for. Sounds like Freezus thinks a simple apology can get him and his players by when they do wrong like Saban does at Bama. Unfortunately for the high school basketball coach, this will work only in the eyes of the bear fan who knows that none of their players would do something like this.

Political Hack
10-07-2013, 02:14 PM
i can't believe no one has mentioned this yet

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9771643/ole-miss-finds-no-evidence-football-players-used-homophobic-slurs

that's about right. "it was just a few students"

Obama riots: "it was just a few students"
Merideth riots: "there we're students from other schools too"
Crunchy Mike: "it was just one student."
Gay slurs: "we don't know if it was regular students or student athletes"

WTF? Seriously? Does it matter whether it was students or student athletes? their academic institution is a JOKE. They are a hate mongering embarrassment to the state of Mississippi.