PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Bill Connolly Podcast On MSU Expectations

ShotgunDawg
04-19-2018, 03:18 PM
On Bill Connolly's podcast today he and his Co-host got into a conversation about what the expectations are of MSU's program and how MSU is viewed by outsiders.

When considering Marshmellow's comments the other day along with this conversation, it appears that MSU is a real conundrum to much of the country. For an outside perspective, I would consider it similar to the conundrum NFL fans would have if the Cleveland Browns went to the playoffs for 3 or 4 years in a row but lost out in the first round each time, but had a loaded roster returning.

What would be the expectations of the Browns for other fan bases or for Cleveland fans themselves?

We are in a real interesting era of MSU football right now where reality, expectations, and lack of historical success are all forming a mosh pit of opinions and expectations for the program.

Conversation starts around the 48 min mark

https://twitter.com/sbn_billc/status/987053085393637376

Cooterpoot
04-19-2018, 03:37 PM
That's not a good comparison. The Browns are the worst NFL team out there. We're no where close to even the worst team in the SEC, much less college football. Haven't been for a decade. Hell, even Croom didn't finish last every year.

Bully13
04-19-2018, 03:39 PM
not bad, enjoyed listening to that.. they missed on "never won the division" though. coulda talked about having bamer beat till the very end and the WR position now vs last year along with the commitments we've got on the board as of now.

ShotgunDawg
04-19-2018, 03:43 PM
That's not a good comparison. The Browns are the worst NFL team out there. We're no where close to even the worst team in the SEC, much less college football. Haven't been for a decade. Hell, even Croom didn't finish last every year.

We were the worst team under Croom.

That's why I said if the Browns made the playoffs for 3 years in a row. Under those circumstances, the Browns jokes would still exist but be invalid.

04-19-2018, 03:48 PM
Do you realize his co-host is Steven Godfrey

ShotgunDawg
04-19-2018, 03:54 PM
Do you realize his co-host is Steven Godfrey

Lol. I did not. That's funny

Cooterpoot
04-19-2018, 04:04 PM
We were the worst team under Croom.

That's why I said if the Browns made the playoffs for 3 years in a row. Under those circumstances, the Browns jokes would still exist but be invalid.

Not every year we weren't. It's a terrible comparison.

ShotgunDawg
04-19-2018, 04:06 PM
Not every year we weren't. It's a terrible comparison.

Ok. My bad.

Was just trying to create a perspective and context to the conversation.

Perhaps you have a better analogy?