PDA

View Full Version : Hurts

KOdawg1
04-19-2018, 09:29 AM
rumored to be transferring from Bama if he doesn't win the starting job.

Interesting..

ShotgunDawg
04-19-2018, 09:35 AM
He'd be an idiot to stay at Bama

Saban has already shown that he's pulling him from the game and putting in Tua if he struggles.

Therefore, IMO, it doesn't matter if he wins the job or not. Tua is playing once Hurts struggles and Tua will
Ultimately be the QB no matter what the depth chart says.

It's inevitable.

sleepy dawg
04-19-2018, 09:35 AM
rumored to be transferring from Bama if he doesn't win the starting job.

Interesting..

It is interesting, but not surprising I guess. He'd have 2 years of eligibility left, right? If he's not the starter for Bama this year, he probably wouldn't be again, so may as well leave.

Jack Lambert
04-19-2018, 09:37 AM
He would probably be better dropping down a division if he is going to transfer.

KOdawg1
04-19-2018, 09:39 AM
Oh it's definitely not surprising. I just think it'll be interesting to see where he ends up

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-19-2018, 09:42 AM
Oh it's definitely not surprising. I just think it'll be interesting to see where he ends up

My guess is Florida Atlantic

Ifyouonlyknew
04-19-2018, 09:45 AM
He'll definitely end up at a P5 school imo. You put him in a Mullen style power read option spread he'd kill it.

ShotgunDawg
04-19-2018, 09:53 AM
It is interesting, but not surprising I guess. He'd have 2 years of eligibility left, right? If he's not the starter for Bama this year, he probably wouldn't be again, so may as well leave.

He's not going to be the starter at Bama for the duration of the season. The national title game sealed that

msstate7
04-19-2018, 09:54 AM
He'll definitely end up at a P5 school imo. You put him in a Mullen style power read option spread he'd kill it.

Texas. This is where I thought he would end up all along

Ari Gold
04-19-2018, 10:07 AM
I would think Saban blocks all sec west schools and anyone they play from the east if not all sec schools if he can.

stalkingpoon
04-19-2018, 10:13 AM
I would think Saban blocks all sec west schools and anyone they play from the east if not all sec schools if he can.

Another woulda coulda shoulda story about someone choosing Bama over State.

Jack Lambert
04-19-2018, 10:19 AM
Another woulda coulda shoulda story about someone choosing Bama over State.

I would be using stuff like this in recruiting against Bama.

deltadawg99
04-19-2018, 10:20 AM
FAU would be perfect for him. Knows the offense and Kiffin.

Not surprising that he would transfer. Personally, i don’t think he’s that great of a passer and his best bet to make it in the nfl would be to switch positions. Good size, good athlete and built like a truck. He lowered his shoulder ona few of our guys and kept going a number of times.

Pollodawg
04-19-2018, 10:27 AM
And speaking of Mullen, he?d take him at UF in a hearhbeat I?d bet. Weren?t he and Dan pretty close, to the point he gave us some consideration during his recruitment.?

Cary Hudson's little bro
04-19-2018, 10:32 AM

Saban has already shown that he's pulling him from the game and putting in Tua if he struggles.

Therefore, IMO, it doesn't matter if he wins the job or not. Tua is playing once Hurts struggles and Tua will

It's inevitable.

You're writing off a good player too soon. He's still 19 and with his mental makeup I could see him beating out Tua for the job. He is the kind of kid that could improve with proper motivation. His dad prob won't let him transfer bc he's the kind to run from a challenge either.

bulldawg28
04-19-2018, 10:33 AM
And speaking of Mullen, he?d take him at UF in a hearhbeat I?d bet. Weren?t he and Dan pretty close, to the point he gave us some consideration during his recruitment.?

I'm sure Mullen and team would reach out to him immediately if/when he announces transferring.

ShotgunDawg
04-19-2018, 10:40 AM
You're writing off a good player too soon. He's still 19 and with his mental makeup I could see him beating out Tua for the job. He is the kind of kid that could improve with proper motivation. His dad prob won't let him transfer bc he's the kind to run from a challenge either.

There is no beating out Tua.

There is only being the starter till he struggles. After what happened last year, it's clear who Saban prefers & thinks has the higher ceiling, not to mention that crazy fan base going nuts the first time Hurts makes a mistake.

There is virtually no chance of a happy ending for Hurts at Bama regardless if he "wins" the starting job or not.

Bothrops
04-19-2018, 10:43 AM
I thought he'd already transferred.

ShotgunDawg
04-19-2018, 10:47 AM
I thought he'd already transferred.

He should have.

It's complete delusion on his part to stay

Cooterpoot
04-19-2018, 11:13 AM
Sit one year and then play at Texas. Mullen would lose his crap to get him but Saban isn't letting him in the SEC. He's basically a more polished and athletic Relf. Saban doesn't know what he wants to do on offense.

TUSK
04-19-2018, 11:52 AM
POY Processed.

Turfdawg67
04-19-2018, 11:59 AM
POS processed him

confucius say
04-19-2018, 01:12 PM

How can a coach restrict where you transfer to if you are willing to sit out a year?

And Aren't all scholarships on a year to year basis only?

Lord McBuckethead
04-19-2018, 01:40 PM
If I were Hurts, I would transfer to FA or FL and sit out a year and then dominate. That is just me though.

basedog
04-19-2018, 01:43 PM
Regardless, Hurt isn't Nfl material I don't think. Would not surprise me to see both play, share the position, both bring different packages.

TUSK
04-19-2018, 02:36 PM
Regardless, Hurt isn't Nfl material I don't think. Would not surprise me to see both play, share the position, both bring different packages.

This is my guess, too.

Pit Bull
04-19-2018, 02:41 PM

It's inevitable.

Well, Hurts is good enough to start for any team in the country. So, he would probably win just about every game the Tide started him. It just so happened BAMA has 2 really really good QBs. And in a game as important as the NC, any QB who struggled might prompt the coaches to try something different. Tua made some really bad bonehead plays too, but he also made a few that made the difference. With Hurts and Tua as BAMA's QBs and looking at their schedule, they should absolutely CAKEWALK to the SEC and National Championship again. Now, if Hurts does transfer....BAMA becomes like us last year at that position.....one injury away from playing an unknown freshman. If I was Hurts, I wouldn't have said that publicly though.....would wait until it was apparent I wasn't going to be the starter, then transfer before I played in a game.

RougeDawg
04-19-2018, 04:33 PM
Hurts was successful because he has NFL guys all around him on offense and almost an entire defense full of future nfl caliber players. Put hurts on our team and he?s bottom 3rd in qbs. Put Fitz on Bama and he?s in NYC. Shit, put Calvin Ridley on our team last two seasons and Nicky is most likely SEC POY both years and in NYC at least one year.

Hurts? production is result of surrounding cast more than the result of himself alone.

ETA. These recent Bama teams would make Henig look like an all sec QB.

Ari Gold
04-19-2018, 04:45 PM
How can a coach restrict where you transfer to if you are willing to sit out a year?

And Aren't all scholarships on a year to year basis only?

I have no clue. The NCAA rules make my head hurt and they are never obeyed anyway .. But it’s Saban what he wants he usually gets
Shit he might release him so he can play next year as long as it isn’t a sec school.

TUSK
04-19-2018, 05:47 PM
Well, Hurts is good enough to start for any team in the country. So, he would probably win just about every game the Tide started him. It just so happened BAMA has 2 really really good QBs. And in a game as important as the NC, any QB who struggled might prompt the coaches to try something different. Tua made some really bad bonehead plays too, but he also made a few that made the difference. With Hurts and Tua as BAMA's QBs and looking at their schedule, they should absolutely CAKEWALK to the SEC and National Championship again. Now, if Hurts does transfer....BAMA becomes like us last year at that position.....one injury away from playing an unknown freshman. If I was Hurts, I wouldn't have said that publicly though.....would wait until it was apparent I wasn't going to be the starter, then transfer before I played in a game.

I’m gonna keep my eye on you. +1

TUSK
04-19-2018, 05:53 PM
Hurts was successful because he has NFL guys all around him on offense and almost an entire defense full of future nfl caliber players. Put hurts on our team and he?s bottom 3rd in qbs. Put Fitz on Bama and he?s in NYC. Shit, put Calvin Ridley on our team last two seasons and Nicky is most likely SEC POY both years and in NYC at least one year.

Hurts? production is result of surrounding cast more than the result of himself alone.

ETA. These recent Bama teams would make Henig look like an all sec QB.

You bring up an interesting point... And I agree with you. However, I’m uncertain “Hurts” & “Henig” should be used in the same post.

RougeDawg
04-19-2018, 07:59 PM
You bring up an interesting point... And I agree with you. However, I?m uncertain ?Hurts? & ?Henig? should be used in the same post.

I Trumped my post by using hyperbole. You are correct. Henig isn?t Hurts. But hurts is just another QB on an average or slightly above average football team.

paco
04-19-2018, 08:39 PM

Jalen Hurts brother committed to us when Danno thought the brothers would be a package deal. Jalen said no package and his bro lost his offer from MSU.