mic
10-07-2013, 11:15 AM
Huge get..

CadaverDawg
10-07-2013, 11:18 AM
Nice!!!

ChupacabraDawg
10-07-2013, 11:18 AM
Very good. Let's lock someone else down.

hailmari
10-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Anybody know what kind of WR he is exactly? I've heard he's a faster Robert Johnson. And that sounds good to me.

Todd4State
10-07-2013, 12:27 PM
It's nice to hear that we are getting a really good WR. I think he is our best in state WR prospect since Bumphis.

camsu
10-07-2013, 12:52 PM
What about Pack. I hear he is contacting us again and FS might have dropped him

DownwardDawg
10-07-2013, 12:58 PM
Pack was not gonna go to FSU.

CadaverDawg
10-07-2013, 01:11 PM
What about Pack. I hear he is contacting us again and FS might have dropped him

Pack gonna be a Rebel, but we might as well go after him hard

engie
10-07-2013, 01:24 PM
Pack gonna be a Rebel, but we might as well go after him hard

Our chances are better with Pack than a lot of people have been letting on...

Not making any predictions or anything -- but we are in the game.

CadaverDawg
10-07-2013, 01:27 PM
Our chances are better with Pack than a lot of people have been letting on...

Not making any predictions or anything -- but we are in the game.

That's good to hear, regardless of how it ends up. You hearing anything on Gennessy or any other O-Line targets?

engie
10-07-2013, 01:45 PM
That's good to hear, regardless of how it ends up. You hearing anything on Gennessy or any other O-Line targets?

We won't get Gennesy unless we get a new OL coach(prob be too late by then as well). His teammate is a good chance, but he is a May JUCO grad and may stay in JUCO to be an EE in next class. It's a wait and see at this point with him...

Bully13
10-07-2013, 01:56 PM
I'm sick of hevesy

601Dawg
10-07-2013, 01:58 PM
Anybody know what kind of WR he is exactly? I've heard he's a faster Robert Johnson. And that sounds good to me.

He's very similar to both Robert Johnson and Chris Smith. He's a great athlete good speed and knows how to block. His HS WR coach is former NFL WR Todd Pinkston who has been working with him since 9th grade.

CadaverDawg
10-07-2013, 02:02 PM
He's very similar to both Robert Johnson and Chris Smith. He's a great athlete good speed and knows how to block. His HS WR coach is former NFL WR Todd Pinkston who has been working with him since 9th grade.

Hopefully he is faster than RoJo and Chris Smith. They are both decent route runners and possession guys, but both are a little slower than your elite SEC guys. They can both block well though, which is good considering Dak will be QB'ing

maroonmania
10-07-2013, 02:08 PM
Hopefully he is faster than RoJo and Chris Smith. They are both decent route runners and possession guys, but both are a little slower than your elite SEC guys. They can both block well though, which is good considering Dak will be QB'ing

My understanding is that he is a very talented receiver who has speed but he is not a burner. But heck, look at how good Landry and Beckham are and they aren't track speed guys either.

chef dixon
10-07-2013, 02:48 PM

With this much excitement about his commitment I hope to god he's better than those 2.

HancockCountyDog
10-07-2013, 02:58 PM
From what i have been told he is a little raw, but has really solid measurables. Pretty much a pure athlete.

I hope this gets us in the game with teammate next year Javon Patterson. He is a top 100 player in the country and Bama the bears are already all over him.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
10-07-2013, 04:46 PM
Keep! Hope! Alive!

mic
10-07-2013, 04:52 PM
Elijah and him showed out at Big Dawg camp..
he is a very good pick up for sure..

MSUDawg4Life
10-07-2013, 06:47 PM
From what i have been told he is a little raw, but has really solid measurables. Pretty much a pure athlete.

I hope this gets us in the game with teammate next year Javon Patterson. He is a top 100 player in the country and Bama the bears are already all over him.

Raw?

Hmmm.

Some are saying Todd Pinkston has done a very good job with him and he's very polished for a high school receiver.

I guess we'll see next year.

Coach34
10-07-2013, 07:02 PM

so are we

Jack Lambert
10-07-2013, 08:35 PM
My understanding is that he is a very talented receiver who has speed but he is not a burner. But heck, look at how good Landry and Beckham are and they aren't track speed guys either.

Jerry Rice was not a speedster.

FlabLoser
10-07-2013, 08:58 PM
Jerry Rice was not a speedster.

He just had 14 inch hands.

preachermatt83
10-07-2013, 09:03 PM
he is a very physical type wr.. he has decent speed and very good hands.

Jack Lambert
10-07-2013, 09:09 PM
He just had 14 inch hands.

I remember when he played they said that he was fast off the ball but did not have break away speed. Good routs and good hands will win every time. Also not being to scared to cross the middle and go air born helps. The NFL has made passies out of QB's and WR in today's world.

bulldawg28
10-07-2013, 09:42 PM

Actually they are. I know Beckham runs track I don't know about Landry

chef dixon
10-07-2013, 11:21 PM
Actually they are. I know Beckham runs track I don't know about Landry

Exactly. I don't know where our fans think those two guys aren't fast. In reality when those guys, especially Beckham, get in a foot race, they don't get caught. I have seen Jameon Lewis, who everyone seems to think is lightning fast, get caught time and time again on returns etc. when he gets a break for the endzone. Not sure how people evaluate speed, but that's the biggest relevance I see on the football field.

CadaverDawg
10-07-2013, 11:29 PM
Exactly. I don't know where our fans think those two guys aren't fast. In reality when those guys, especially Beckham, get in a foot race, they don't get caught. I have seen Jameon Lewis, who everyone seems to think is lightning fast, get caught time and time again on returns etc. when he gets a break for the endzone. Not sure how people evaluate speed, but that's the biggest relevance I see on the football field.

I agree. Jameon got caught by a linebacker on that long kick return. Granted, the guy had an angle, but he still caught him and made it look easy. Jameon is more quick than he is fast, if that makes sense. He would be hard to catch in a phone booth, but he could be beaten in a race by a decent runner

chef dixon
10-07-2013, 11:33 PM
I agree. Jameon got caught by a linebacker on that long kick return. Granted, the guy had an angle, but he still caught him and made it look easy. Jameon is more quick than he is fast, if that makes sense. He would be hard to catch in a phone booth, but he could be beaten in a race by a decent runner

Yep, he's definitely got a quickness advantage. When he broke those 2 pairs of ankles on that dump off pass over the middle, all I could do was shake my head. We have never really had a guy that gets in the open field and is GONE. Ballard as a RB had decent breakaway speed, and even Dixon did surprisingly. At the WR position though, I can't remember any off the top of my head. Maybe Leon Berry?

ShotgunDawg
10-07-2013, 11:37 PM
Yep, he's definitely got a quickness advantage. When he broke those 2 pairs of ankles on that dump off pass over the middle, all I could do was shake my head. We have never really had a guy that gets in the open field and is GONE. Ballard as a RB had decent breakaway speed, and even Dixon did surprisingly. At the WR position though, I can't remember any off the top of my head. Maybe Leon Berry?

O'Neil Wilder?

CadaverDawg
10-07-2013, 11:39 PM

Yep, he made those two look silly.

I agree again about the break away speed. I don't know if it's the way we train or what, but all of our guys seem to run out of gas when they break away. Especially everyone's favorite scat back, that we have turned into an every down back that can't run every down, Ladarius Perkins gets caught from behind damn near every time he breaks free. I'm hoping a guy like Fred Ross might have that combo of speed and quickness that allows him to turn a slant into a TD, but we'll see. Ballard's speed was very deceptive, much like those LSU RB's IMO. They don't look like guys that will bust a long run, but then they break one tackle and they're gone.

CadaverDawg
10-07-2013, 11:40 PM
O'Neil Wilder?

Wish we could have found out, ha

MSUDeltadawg1971
10-08-2013, 08:09 AM
My buddy and I were talking on the way to the game Saturday, wondering when and if we will ever have another Moulds or at least something close to Moulds.

DawgInMemphis
10-08-2013, 09:12 AM
O'Neil Wilder?

Holloway has breakaway speed.