PDA

View Full Version : Our fans are possible the most horrible fans during a game in the NCAA...

RougeDawg
10-07-2013, 11:01 AM
What the **** is wrong with everyone. There are multiple issues. Our dumbass fans keep cheering loudly when we have the ball. Who honestly thinks that cheering when we have the ball helps? When we had the ball sat night I look around and about 30% of the east side is still cheering/yelling. I just can't believe that grown people at a football game can't figure that out.

Also, we don't make noise when the other team has the ball. Occasionally on a 3rd down a majority would stand up and yell. I guess a majority of our fans have never been to another college campus for a game or NFL game. Other fans stand up and make noise every play the opponent has the ball. I look around the east side on a 2nd and long and our fans are more worried about their nachos than the play on the field. Maybe this is due to shitty jumbo tron use, but most of it is due to a majority of our fans acting like pussies during the game. Damn it pisses me off.

bluelightstar
10-07-2013, 11:03 AM
Too busy watching the Hardee's commercial**

bocfarm
10-07-2013, 11:07 AM
It was my first game of the yr and it was disappointing at times but thought for the most part it was pretty loud.

A&M last yr was horrible tho, it was like a damn church in there

RougeDawg
10-07-2013, 11:19 AM
I went to the Auburn LSU game, in the pouring ass rain. The LSU fans yelled EVERY play until the game was put away. Then they all headed for dry land.

Saints games, we yell every ****ing play when the opponent has the ball. State games, we yell on 3rd downs when we are somewhat still in the game.

maroonmania
10-07-2013, 11:19 AM
What the **** is wrong with everyone. There are multiple issues. Our dumbass fans keep cheering loudly when we have the ball. Who honestly thinks that cheering when we have the ball helps? When we had the ball sat night I look around and about 30% of the east side is still cheering/yelling. I just can't believe that grown people at a football game can't figure that out.

Also, we don't make noise when the other team has the ball. Occasionally on a 3rd down a majority would stand up and yell. I guess a majority of our fans have never been to another college campus for a game or NFL game. Other fans stand up and make noise every play the opponent has the ball. I look around the east side on a 2nd and long and our fans are more worried about their nachos than the play on the field. Maybe this is due to shitty jumbo tron use, but most of it is due to a majority of our fans acting like pussies during the game. Damn it pisses me off.

Whatever, guess we should bench some of our fans and bring in our backup fans. It's annoying that a minority of fans can't seem to figure out what most helps the team during a game but we've got enough on the field problems that the "fan" problem is sort of in the noise.

AROB44
10-07-2013, 11:24 AM
This also was the my first game to attend this season. I must say that after 30+ years of buying season tickets, the atmosphere has turned in to a damn circus. There are more commercials that you get at home on TV on the jumbotron. Then you have the stupid sonic race and recognizing every Tom, Dick and Harry at every time out. I was waiting for the car with about 10 clowns packed inside to drive on to the field. The lack of the crowd being into the game is because the game is an after thought to the three ring circus. I will say that recognizing the baseball team, basketball team, women's golf team and any other athletic team during time outs is OK with me. The rest of the carnival can pack the hell up and get off the field and the jumbotron.

Squidawg11
10-07-2013, 11:29 AM
It was my first game of the yr and it was disappointing at times but thought for the most part it was pretty loud.

A&M last yr was horrible tho, it was like a damn church in there

Next year will be a lot louder because of the expansion. Not having the sound trapped has a lot to do with.

godlluB
10-07-2013, 11:43 AM
Then there are those of us who are perfectly capable of yelling from a seated position and who bring children with them who can't see when some asshat stands up in front of them for no damned reason. I have ZERO interest in standing up for the whole 17'ing game.

maroonmania
10-07-2013, 12:07 PM
Then there are those of us who are perfectly capable of yelling from a seated position and who bring children with them who can't see when some asshat stands up in front of them for no damned reason. I have ZERO interest in standing up for the whole 17'ing game.

Outside of the student section I don't believe anyone is standing for the whole game that I'm aware of and they shouldn't be. I do wish all fans (that are able) would at least get up and yell their lungs out on key 3rd downs when our defense is on the field.

WeWonItAll(Most)
10-07-2013, 12:11 PM

You sound like the asshole who tells people 4 rows in front of you to sit down. I can't stand people who bitch about someone cheering for the team.

Political Hack
10-07-2013, 12:12 PM
I sat on the 50, row 16, home side, LSU @ UGA. Everyone stood up the whole game and they yelled on every defensive play.

deltadawg99
10-07-2013, 12:15 PM
There are very few in our section that stand up and cheer. I understand if somebody has a child and doesn't want to stand up, but most of the people in our section were just sitting on their hands the whole game no matter who had the ball.

godlluB
10-07-2013, 12:21 PM
You sound like the asshole who tells people 4 rows in front of you to sit down. I can't stand people who bitch about someone cheering for the team.

Thanks for your fine examination of my character based on two sentences. Fortunately, I sit on an aisle, and can usually see around them. It just sucks when my kids can't see the game.

GumpDawg
10-07-2013, 12:25 PM
I agree most of our fans need to do a better job, but when you have a key 3rd down on defense and the opposing team calls a timeout what happens? Do we play music and let fans get rowdy like other stadiums? Nope we have a damn chevron car race, bulldog shuffle, kiss cam or some other stupid shit on the video board that sucks the life out of the stadium. I took someone with me this weekend who hasn't been to a game in several years. After one quarter their response sums it all up.

We have become to commercialized. Period.

Political Hack
10-07-2013, 12:36 PM
I agree most of our fans need to do a better job, but when you have a key 3rd down on defense and the opposing team calls a timeout what happens? Do we play music and let fans get rowdy like other stadiums? Nope we have a damn chevron car race, bulldog shuffle, kiss cam or some other stupid shit on the video board that sucks the life out of the stadium. I took someone with me this weekend who hasn't been to a game in several years. After one quarter their response sums it all up.

It sucks. Oregon doesn't do this, and they're reaping the benefits in donations, static sponsorships, etc... We sell whatever we have instead of using it to benefit the program over the long term. A rocking kick ass atmosphere will generate 10x the money those jumbotron ads do, but our administration is too shortsighted to realize that.

GumpDawg
10-07-2013, 12:54 PM
It sucks. Oregon doesn't do this, and they're reaping the benefits in donations, static sponsorships, etc... We sell whatever we have instead of using it to benefit the program over the long term. A rocking kick ass atmosphere will generate 10x the money those jumbotron ads do, but our administration is too shortsighted to realize that.

It does suck. The Holder deal was the correct use of the board. That was pretty badass. The car salesman commercials have got to go. If people really think I'm going to buy their product because they make crappy commercials and play them at the football games I don't know what to tell them. I would gladly pay a little more a year for tickets if it means no moo tube buzzkill.

On that note I did want me a Hardee's hamburger after Saturday night! Well not so much the burger.

CadaverDawg
10-07-2013, 01:07 PM
I thought our crowd did a pretty good job Saturday, and I was there the whole game.

If we didn't have constant reminders of when to cheer and when to ring a bell, we would probably be even better at it. It's almost like people forget they have voices when they have to put their bell down. Other than that, I thought everyone cheered pretty loud when we were on defense, and the crowd that was cheering when we had the ball was A. Primarily LSU fans, or B. Not loud enough to distract our team or our play calling whatsoever. This thread seems a bit exaggerated to me.

Esmerelda Villalobos
10-07-2013, 01:29 PM
I bought a hardees buffalo burger sunday at lunch.

On the other hand, I will never purchase a mercedes benz.

WeWonItAll(Most)
10-07-2013, 02:06 PM

The jumbotron was unbearably bad on the first drive. I don't know if it got better as the game went on, or if I just didn't pay attention as I got more into the game. But I'm betting its the latter.

Percho
10-07-2013, 02:13 PM
It was very loud on several third and longs against LSU. Guess what! 1st down LSU.

FlabLoser
10-07-2013, 02:14 PM
I noticed that as promised, there were a lot less commercials. But they didn't do much with music either, especially at key times in the game. The jumbotron was pretty flat.

I don't know why we piss away the SEC's biggest A/V system. Its not rocket science. They should have selections of stuff ready to go for different situations, then just push play when the times comes. Geez.

maroonmania
10-07-2013, 02:18 PM
For all that is good and holy, can we PLEASE retire the Mercedes Benz commercial. Its horrendous and has been playing on the Moo Tube since the first day the board was used. Get rid of it!

Political Hack
10-07-2013, 02:31 PM
there shouldn't be a commercial in the 4th Qt.

chef dixon
10-07-2013, 02:56 PM
This thread is an absolute bitchfest

hailmari
10-07-2013, 03:20 PM
I feel the same. I thought the atmosphere (outside the car commercials) was solid. Don't underestimate how loud a small sample of LSU fans can get, that was mostly them yelling when we had the ball. But I'm sure we had our far share of dummies.

I like the videos involving the players though, like the one before the kiss cam made me laugh. But we gotta cut out the ads and stop recognizing John Smith for being a swell guy every damn timeout.

hailmari
10-07-2013, 03:23 PM
The one good music que of the game came immediately upon Nickoe's INT.. The rift from "Iron Man".. That was badass.

I'd love it if "Jump Around" actually got people jumping around.

RougeDawg
10-07-2013, 05:59 PM
I'd love it if "Jump Around" actually got people jumping around.

Well I'm pretty sure they played it after the game was out of hand and people were already headed for the gates. We must have a predetermined time in the 4th to play jump around. I say play those songs and other hype songs whenever the situation dictates. Has anyone ever been to a saints game? They rotate the same songs in similar situations. As well as the celebratory songs. We just look at the quarter and time on clock and hit a button the button that corresponds. No thought at all.

And I know section 19 was cheering a few times out team had the ball on that end. Who are you morons? And I our group of fans was told to sit down by people behind us Saturday night. If you want to watch the game sitting down, stay your ass at home or in the junction. I'm going to stand up and yell and be hoarse until Wednesday every week. I suggest you get the pussies in each section to start to do the same if we ever want a true homefield advantage. I pissed off some people during the game because I called them out for sitting there during critical plays. No excuse. The woe is me attitude, and church demeanor has got to be eliminated from the passive portion of our fan base.

sleepy dawg
10-07-2013, 07:04 PM
I don't think this is an exaggeration at all... Maybe it depends on where you sit, but where I sit, I feel like I'm the only person for miles who cares about trying to help our defense out (upper east near student section). We are louder during the kiss cam and "find the bell" games than we are while we're on defense. I don't know think there was more than 10 people visible in my section making any noise at all other than 3rd downs. And like Rouge is saying, people were cheering louder when we went for it on 4th down than they were through almost every defensive play... especially when comparing to 1st and 2nd downs.

It's obviously a differing of opinions, but I believe it is a fans responsibility to do what they can to help the team win. We demand a lot from our coaches and players, and we expect (not want, but expect) them to compete at the highest level, but what are we doing to help them?

As fans, we can't do much except promote our team and make it loud for the visiting teams. We fail badly at the latter, and the former is highly debatable.

Esmerelda Villalobos
10-07-2013, 07:12 PM
I understand. I am almost thrown out of west side club level weekly. **** our fans. Bunch of pentacostals that sit on their ass and get pissed at every little thing.

I come a long way and spend a lot to see this shitty product. If I wanted to just sit down and not enjoy a single thing about a college gameday, Id stay my ass at the house.

Im going to scream, drink whiskey and critique every play. When I cant do that, I will stop coming.

sleepy dawg
10-07-2013, 07:19 PM
I understand. I am almost thrown out of west side club level weekly. **** our fans. Bunch of pentacostals that sit on their ass and get pissed at every little thing.

I come a long way and spend a lot to see this shitty product. If I wanted to just sit down and not enjoy a single thing about a college gameday, Id stay my ass at the house.

Im going to scream, drink whiskey and critique every play. When I cant do that, I will stop coming.

I second that.... except the getting thrown out part, and the whiskey, and the critiquing of every play... but other than that, I agree.

But I'll defend to my death your right to do so... except the whiskey part again.

Will James
10-07-2013, 07:31 PM

+1

its a progression thing. We now have new fans selling the place out but they aren't die hard. Once we graduate/convert more die hards the demand goes up and tickets go to them.

My theory.

TheRef
10-08-2013, 09:20 AM
You want to solve the problem? I see this all the time in the student section of Basketball games. They only get up for big moments or when they feel left out of a situation. You want to change the atmosphere of the games? Start with the students. Then it will slowly work its way into the season ticket holders. What are students doing most of the time during games? Sitting on their butts, texting or talking with their buddies and not paying any attention to the game. I will say this, the student section showed up when Tyler got the ball. A very audible "Let's Go Russell" chant started in the grandstand student section and worked its way into the endzone. Then when Dak got the ball from then on, "Let's Go Prescott" started. Just saying. We have our moments, but most of the time the students are lackluster. Just my two cents.

bluelightstar
10-08-2013, 09:47 AM
You want to solve the problem? I see this all the time in the student section of Basketball games. They only get up for big moments or when they feel left out of a situation. You want to change the atmosphere of the games? Start with the students. Then it will slowly work its way into the season ticket holders. What are students doing most of the time during games? Sitting on their butts, texting or talking with their buddies and not paying any attention to the game. I will say this, the student section showed up when Tyler got the ball. A very audible "Let's Go Russell" chant started in the grandstand student section and worked its way into the endzone. Then when Dak got the ball from then on, "Let's Go Prescott" started. Just saying. We have our moments, but most of the time the students are lackluster. Just my two cents.

I don't recall any of this happening on Saturday night. There was audible booing when Russell came in from right behind me in the student section. Also, nobody sits in the grandstand. Never. It's why I prefer it to the endzone.

TheRef
10-08-2013, 09:50 AM
I don't recall any of this happening on Saturday night. There was audible booing when Russell came in from right behind me in the student section. Also, nobody sits in the grandstand. Never. It's why I prefer it to the endzone.

I was in the endzone in the NW corner about halfway up. I heard it from the middle and opposite side of the endzone. Either you weren't listening or I was imagining things.

bluelightstar
10-08-2013, 09:51 AM
I was in the endzone in the NW corner about halfway up. I heard it from the middle and opposite side of the endzone. Either you weren't listening or I was imagining things.

Maybe they cheered in the endzone, but in the grandstand, there was audible booing, groaning, and chants of "We Want Dak."

TheRef
10-08-2013, 09:52 AM
Maybe they cheered in the endzone, but in the grandstand, there was audible booing, groaning, and chants of "We Want Dak."

Oh I remember that....I guess on the second drive the "Let's Go Russell" chant started. My bad.

SignalToNoise
10-08-2013, 09:57 AM
+1

its a progression thing. We now have new fans selling the place out but they aren't die hard. Once we graduate/convert more die hards the demand goes up and tickets go to them.

My theory.

I've had similar thoughts. Bunch of old heads that aren't used to creating a rowdy environment and supporting the team the way the younger fans want too. It will take a while but as the old heads are phased out and the energetic crowd is phased in things will change.

BulldogBear
10-08-2013, 12:51 PM
I bought a hardees buffalo burger sunday at lunch.

On the other hand, I will never purchase a mercedes benz.

Good grief I hate that one and they play it at least 3, maybe 4 freakin' times

BulldogBear
10-08-2013, 12:52 PM
For all that is good and holy, can we PLEASE retire the Mercedes Benz commercial. Its horrendous and has been playing on the Moo Tube since the first day the board was used. Get rid of it!

This^

BulldogBear
10-08-2013, 01:01 PM
It's like they are afraid people are gonna get bored. Really? People don't have to be "entertained" every moment. Sometimes it's hard to comment on previous play or series with somebody because of the dang commercials and junk blaring.

Sometimes on timeouts it still says "ring" all the way up to the snap of the ball. You better believe I do the whole time (and I do at other times too but mostly yell when it says yell). It can get just as loud if people'll yell like they mean it.