PDA

View Full Version : Marshmallow vs Brandon Walker Twitter War

ShotgunDawg
04-17-2018, 05:17 PM
Good stuff here and it?s gotten personal.

Linking the start of the thread. Just click thre the rest of the tweets to see the entire conversation.

https://twitter.com/bmarcello/status/986329889623171072

BeardoMSU
04-17-2018, 05:19 PM
I saw that, lol. Why is Marcello so damn bitter? Someone shit in his cereal?

ShotgunDawg
04-17-2018, 05:21 PM
Marshmallow strikes me as the type that’s bitter that they haven’t gotten the credit in their career that they think they deserve.

Bulldog1
04-17-2018, 05:24 PM
What a butt-hurt dummy. He knows nothing about football.
He says we won't top 7 or 8 wins, referencing the orange bowl loss with Dak. Well guess what, Brandon... There's a new sheriff in town, and his name is Joe Moorhead.

starkvegasdawg
04-17-2018, 05:25 PM
https://res.cloudinary.com/teepublic/image/private/s--qXvo9JKG--/t_Preview/b_rgb:262c3a,c_limit,f_jpg,h_630,q_90,w_630/v1466441276/production/designs/554421_1.jpg

BeardoMSU
04-17-2018, 05:27 PM
Marshmallow strikes me as the type that’s bitter that they haven’t gotten the credit they deserve in their career that they think they deserve.

What is it with these fan site sports writers and their egos, lol? They always seem to have an elevated sense of what they do (e.g., Not a Fan Neal, and Marcello).

ShotgunDawg
04-17-2018, 05:31 PM
There is obviously a split among the media when it comes to MSU.

There are 2 camps:

1. Recruiting ranking don’t lie and, regardless of how many starters MSU returns from an 8 win regular season team in 2017, they are only a 7-8 win team this year especially when you consider the loss of Mullen. This opinion isn’t awful. It’s just usually made without intimate knowledge of the team.

2 The 2nd group thinks MSU can take the next step. They believe Moorhead is more than adequate and that MSU is the outlier of what recruiting rankings typically indicate due to an abnormal amount of players being underrated by recruiting services.

What everyone agrees on is that MSU will be good. The debate is whether they will be good or great. Keep that in mind before you get overly offended.

preachermatt83
04-17-2018, 05:34 PM
Some dude on twitter said something about Marcello having pms. Hahahah

Todd4State
04-17-2018, 05:47 PM
What is it with these fan site sports writers and their egos, lol? They always seem to have an elevated sense of what they do (e.g., Not a Fan Neal, and Marcello).

That's the media in general. They think they know everything about sports because they write about it. There's a reason why ESPN doesn't usually put someone in the media in the booth during a game and why they put former players there in general.

Todd4State
04-17-2018, 05:51 PM

There are 2 camps:

1. Recruiting ranking don’t lie and, regardless of how many starters MSU returns from an 8 win regular season team in 2017, they are only a 7-8 win team this year especially when you consider the loss of Mullen. This opinion isn’t awful. It’s just usually made without intimate knowledge of the team.

2 The 2nd group thinks MSU can take the next step. They believe Moorhead is more than adequate and that MSU is the outlier of what recruiting rankings typically indicate due to an abnormal amount of players being underrated by recruiting services.

What everyone agrees on is that MSU will be good. The debate is whether they will be good or great. Keep that in mind before you get overly offended.

My problem is his stance is "You're MSU, you're only going to win 7-8 games AND YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY". It's a "you're Mississippi therefore be happy you don't suck" take. That's not anything that is based on anything tangible other than Tech and 10 in 1988.

Bulldog1
04-17-2018, 05:55 PM
Here's my favorite quote from that link.

No. You should just enjoy eight-win seasons and not act like it's the end of the world.
What a moron. We're not "poor ole Mississippi State" anymore, Brandon.

ShotgunDawg
04-17-2018, 05:56 PM
My problem is his stance is "You're MSU, you're only going to win 7-8 games AND YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY". It's a "you're Mississippi therefore be happy you don't suck" take. That's not anything that is based on anything tangible other than Tech and 10 in 1988.

Well, let's prove'em wrong. All it takes is getting to ATL to change the perception.

Bully13
04-17-2018, 06:03 PM
"Tech and 10" was the most MSU thing ever.

BeardoMSU
04-17-2018, 06:05 PM
He's triggered af....

Followers down by about 27. Blocked quite a few personal attacks from diehard fans. That fan base loved to insult my looks and weight seven years ago. Great times breaking into the business. Not all bad but, God, did some people try to make my life a living hell there.

Bulldog1
04-17-2018, 06:08 PM
He told Brandon Walker- "get up on my level."
If I saw him IRL, I'd knock his lights out.

Bulldog1
04-17-2018, 06:09 PM
He thinks he's entitled to something because "I'm a media writer". He's a joke of a writer.

msbulldog
04-17-2018, 06:11 PM
I saw that, lol. Why is Marcello so damn bitter? Someone shit in his cereal?

If you couldn't cut the cheese at the clarion ledger you would be bitter too!

Bulldog1
04-17-2018, 06:13 PM
Look at this one.
Like MSU in the fall, I'm losing followers by discussing their schedule. So I'm done.

Turfdawg67
04-17-2018, 06:15 PM

As "US states in general", there's very little difference between MS, AL, LA & AR. The only reason MSU isn't a powerhouse, or at least an Auburn/LSU is because a state of 2.8M people (1/2 of Atlanta alone) has THREE 17'n D1 football teams. At one point MS had more people in the NFL per capita than any other state. So yeah, why not Miss State!?!?!

Dental Dawg33
04-17-2018, 06:21 PM
I love it. It won't take long for the pundits to see what we're all about. Let him talk. It'll be great to watch him take a bite out of that shit sandwich 8 weeks in to the season.

msbulldog
04-17-2018, 06:22 PM
Well, let's prove'em wrong. All it takes is getting to ATL to change the perception.

Hey Gun is that a doobie in your hand? LOL

Pollodawg
04-17-2018, 07:13 PM
Lol. So triggered. Get on your level? Who are you?

Pollodawg
04-17-2018, 07:30 PM
Just read through it all.

Marcello takes completely unprovoked shot at MSU, gets put on blast by Walker and other State fans, loses his shit in a twitter meltdown.

BuckyIsAB****
04-17-2018, 07:41 PM
He is mad at State for something. Dont know why but its obvious when he said some State fans said some mean things to him when he was here.

He said State has 3 good players. Then brought up the Simmons hitting a girl thing. Signs that he has no argument

BeardoMSU
04-17-2018, 07:42 PM
He is mad at State for something. Dont know why but its obvious when he said some State fans said some mean things to him when he was here.

He said State has 3 good players. Then brought up the Simmons hitting a girl thing. Signs that he has no argument

Yeah, he's obviously an idiot. Poor baby heard a bad word, wah wah.

BuckyIsAB****
04-17-2018, 07:44 PM

There are 2 camps:

1. Recruiting ranking don?t lie and, regardless of how many starters MSU returns from an 8 win regular season team in 2017, they are only a 7-8 win team this year especially when you consider the loss of Mullen. This opinion isn?t awful. It?s just usually made without intimate knowledge of the team.

Who gives a shit either way? I've never seen any media member win or lose a ball game

ShotgunDawg
04-17-2018, 07:50 PM
Who gives a shit either way? I've never seen any media member win or lose a ball game

It's just for discussion dude

BuckyIsAB****
04-17-2018, 07:56 PM
It's just for discussion dude

Obviously. Im just saying when you see somebody say State only has 3 players in 2018 you should immediately walk away

Pollodawg
04-17-2018, 07:58 PM
Yeah, he brings up the Simmons thing like Simmons hasn’t been a model student and athelete since he stepped foot on campus. Meanwhile, he posts a picture of himself and Tuberville like Tubbs never assaulted a graduate assistant on live television or screamed hysterically at a fan to go to hell.

jeremyrbrown
04-17-2018, 08:44 PM
Yeah, he brings up the Simmons thing like Simmons hasn?t been a model student and athelete since he stepped foot on campus. Meanwhile, he posts a picture of himself and Tuberville like Tubbs never assaulted a graduate assistant on live television or screamed hysterically at a fan to go to hell.

Are we gonna talk about the little hat, or no?

Pollodawg
04-17-2018, 08:49 PM
Are we gonna talk about the little hat, or no?

He looks like he’s about to go yodel somewhere about cough drops.

BeardoMSU
04-17-2018, 08:52 PM
He looks like he’s about to go yodel somewhere about cough drops.

Lol, nice.

Pollodawg
04-17-2018, 08:56 PM
Lol, nice.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ygFWByrkPik

whosyourdawgy
04-17-2018, 09:21 PM

MaroonFlounder
04-17-2018, 09:22 PM
Marcello has some incredibly thin skin for someone in journalism. I thought the first thing they were taught was that an immunity to insults would be an important thing to have.

Which one of you fine people of this forum called him a fat bastard when he was on the MSU beat?

Todd4State
04-17-2018, 09:37 PM
Marcello has some incredibly thin skin for someone in journalism. I thought the first thing they were taught was that an immunity to insults would be an important thing to have.

Which one of you fine people of this forum called him a fat bastard when he was on the MSU beat?

I'd venture to guess that most media members are insecure in general.

RougeDawg
04-18-2018, 05:47 PM

Because we all called him Marshmellow on message boards. I actually said it to his face one night, in a slightly inebriated state. Let?s just say everyone not involved with the media busted out laughing. My media buddy was pissed at me, but we now laugh about it.

Todd4State
04-18-2018, 07:33 PM
Here's the funny thing about this to me. When we played the Georgia game I said we should try to strive to go from an 8 win team to a 10 win team on Twitter. Some of the same MSU media people that are bashing Marcello right now for saying that we should be happy to be only 7-8 win team (and rightfully so) told me back in October or whenever it was that if I wasn't happy winning 8 games a year I would never be happy.

Glad to see that they've come around.

RougeDawg
04-18-2018, 09:06 PM
Here's the funny thing about this to me. When we played the Georgia game I said we should try to strive to go from an 8 win team to a 10 win team on Twitter. Some of the same MSU media people that are bashing Marcello right now for saying that we should be happy to be only 7-8 win team (and rightfully so) told me back in October or whenever it was that if I wasn't happy winning 8 games a year I would never be happy.

Glad to see that they've come around.

Well all things considered, these same MSU media asshats were expecting a 6-7 win ceiling last year. They are extrapolating this year from their ignorance and lack of confidence last year.

BeardoMSU
04-18-2018, 10:48 PM
Welp...he's losing his shit again. Poor pudin'.

Bulldog1
04-18-2018, 10:52 PM

Cue the guy pouring salt all over his head gif.

Todd4State
04-18-2018, 10:58 PM

Still? Wow.

Bulldog1
04-18-2018, 11:02 PM
Still? Wow.

Yea. He is ranting about Brandon W's podcast from Today. Marshmellow has an inflated ego.

BeardoMSU
04-18-2018, 11:06 PM
Yea. He is ranting about Brandon W's podcast from Today. Marshmellow has an inflated ego.

Yeah, it's almost to the point where I'm embarrassed for him now....almost....

Todd4State
04-18-2018, 11:08 PM

I don't know why he would even listen to that. He knew it was coming and surely he knew that he was going to be slammed.

Bulldog1
04-18-2018, 11:08 PM
Yeah, it's almost to the point where I'm embarrassed for him now....almost....

I'm enjoying it. But I don't understand why he has it our for us.

deadheaddawg
04-18-2018, 11:16 PM
I get the impression he's bitter over our fans being critical of him.when he was here (2010-2012 ? )

I didn't pay that much attention to him and don't remember him. Was he awful? (I don't pay much attention to beat writers in general)

Either way dude needs thicker skin for the job he's in

mstatefan91
04-18-2018, 11:58 PM
I get the impression he's bitter over our fans being critical of him.when he was here (2010-2012 ? )

I didn't pay that much attention to him and don't remember him. Was he awful? (I don't pay much attention to beat writers in general)

He didn’t leave that much of an impact. I remember him but didn’t have much of an opinion of him when he left. Good for him being somewhere that makes him happier (I guess), but he should quit dragging our program and fan base down. He was obviously unhappy here. I gather that from his tweets the past two days. He thinks we win 7 or 8. Great. He should have kept it professional instead of fueling the anger and making it personal.

RougeDawg
04-19-2018, 01:13 AM

He was pretty awful. Just imagine a Bozo Bounds with much less yall lifestyle and much much less confidence. At least Marshmellow knew a little more about sports than Junior High womens tennis but he is pretty pathetic. He's what I like to call a "regurgitating journalist". never develops his own thought process, or logical explanation for sports related items. He basically reads what others have already said and fluffs them up in his own poorly written fashion.

His most prominent issue is his lack of actual sports knowledge. He continually makes highly uneducated conclusions. I'm not sure if he's a Salley type mouthpiece that gets paid to write things to control the narrative, or truly ignorant and borderline special. At least we know Salleey is a paid mouthpiece at this point, which explains his highly ignorant rhetoric. With Smoresmellow I'm not sure if its sheer stupidity or paid mouthpiece. After all he did come from the Clarion Liar, so the conclusion is still suspect.

dickiedawg
04-19-2018, 05:50 AM
I just went and read his tweets since right before the beef started. I?m no psychologist but man, this guy looks like he could seriously use some help.
He went from talking about struggling with his weight and exercise (I get it, really) to complaining that he ?wasn?t even invited? to the APSE awards, then someone actually gave him an award for ?the worst?. Next thing you know he?s in a multi-day rant about MSU, with healthy doses of ?no one appreciates how awesome I am.? At the end he throws in a comment that none of the media from MS are coming to his defense, so ?maybe it?s me?.
I don?t follow the guy, so maybe this is in line with normal and he?s just the saddest guy on the planet. But it really makes me worry for his well-being.

mparkerfd20
04-19-2018, 07:00 AM
The guy needs serious help. If not, you'll be reading about an OD from that guy. Geesh.

Matty Dispatch
04-19-2018, 07:01 AM
I just went and read his tweets since right before the beef started. I?m no psychologist but man, this guy looks like he could seriously use some help.
He went from talking about struggling with his weight and exercise (I get it, really) to complaining that he ?wasn?t even invited? to the APSE awards, then someone actually gave him an award for ?the worst?. Next thing you know he?s in a multi-day rant about MSU, with healthy doses of ?no one appreciates how awesome I am.? At the end he throws in a comment that none of the media from MS are coming to his defense, so ?maybe it?s me?.
I don?t follow the guy, so maybe this is in line with normal and he?s just the saddest guy on the planet. But it really makes me worry for his well-being.

Based on this tweet he is obviously very sensitive about it. My guess is he feels very insecure and grasping to his greatest success which is as a sports writer....when people start questioning his authority he gets really upset. I think most of this hatred of MSU it tied into State fans calling him names. This is all pretty high-school hallway type of bullying and crying about it but whatever. Twitter isn't the best place for him to sort through his issues for sure.

https://twitter.com/bmarcello/status/986010822861312001

Pollodawg
04-19-2018, 08:51 AM
He has issues. I don’t know if he just needs thicker skin or what, but he obviously has super insecurities lodged in there somewhere.