PDA

View Full Version : FLORIDA SPRING GAME TOUCHDOWN CELEBRATION

Where'sWaldo
04-17-2018, 11:44 AM
I don't know how this hasn't made it to main stream media but after the 1st touchdown of the second half in the Florida spring game the guy celebrates by acting like he has a machine gun and the other players start falling like flies. I had to turn the channel because I simply couldn't understand that level of stupidity in the wake of the school shooting in Florida. Do I think it's a big deal? Not really it just was terrible timing and I'm assuming since most everyone covering the game was pro Florida it never garnered any attention.

preachermatt83
04-17-2018, 11:46 AM
Didn't bother me personally but my very first thought was "wow that was pretty insensitive"

Pit Bull
04-17-2018, 12:23 PM
I don't know how this hasn't made it to main stream media but after the 1st touchdown of the second half in the Florida spring game the guy celebrates by acting like he has a machine gun and the other players start falling like flies. I had to turn the channel because I simply couldn't understand that level of stupidity in the wake of the school shooting in Florida. Do I think it's a big deal? Not really it just was terrible timing and I'm assuming since most everyone covering the game was pro Florida it never garnered any attention.

Officials need to stop these extended celebrations. If I wanted to see a Broadway play, I'd go to NY.

mstatefan91
04-17-2018, 12:30 PM
Officials need to stop these extended celebrations. If I wanted to see a Broadway play, I'd go to NY.

Who cares? Start the play clock and if they aren't lined up to kick the extra point or run the two point conversion then flag them for delay of game.

Also, college football is all about pageantry

sandwolf
04-17-2018, 12:39 PM
You realize that the officials would throw a flag for this in an actual game, right?

mstatefan91
04-17-2018, 12:44 PM
You realize that the officials would throw a flag for this in an actual game, right?

Yeah "shooting" a gun is a bit much. But I have no problem with extended celebrations.. Like I said, start the play clock within 5 or so seconds of the touchdown being scored.. Granted, if it goes to review.. I could see that being an issue

parabrave
04-17-2018, 12:51 PM
One of the NFL teams used to do this back in the early 90's until they stopped it due to their city being the murder capital of the U.S.. Then the NFL banned this "mowing them down" celebration/

mstatefan91
04-17-2018, 12:52 PM
One of the NFL teams used to do this back in the early 90's until they stopped it due to their city being the murder capital of the U.S.. Then the NFL banned this "mowing them down" celebration/

Baltimore, Chicago, or Detroit? Could be any of those

Lord McBuckethead
04-17-2018, 12:54 PM
He wasn't pretending he was a school shooter. He was one guy taking down a group of school shooters. He was the only lawful one. You know... protecting people.
It was obvious.

NRA

BuckyIsAB****
04-17-2018, 01:29 PM
He wasn't pretending he was a school shooter. He was one guy taking down a group of school shooters. He was the only lawful one. You know... protecting people.
It was obvious.

NRA

rep

The Federalist Engineer
04-17-2018, 03:19 PM
This is an OLD soccer goal celebration - a choreographed little gimmick by the team

I guess in the new Western North Atlantic world where victim-hood, micro-aggression, and inferiority-complexes are the rage you gotta manage this stuff. The Uruguayan below is sent off by an offended French referee in a Ligue-1 match. Latin Americans, Russians, Iranians, and Chinese will one day, in the future, find that all the NATO nations will have become just one big day care.

https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article7589516.ece/ALTERNATES/s810/Everton-v-Arsenal.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/5b/d4/79/5bd479c8f73e477a52d66102bdcd4c65--football-soccer-football-players.jpg

https://secure.i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03077/Cavani1_3077286b.jpg

https://secure.i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03077/Cavani2_3077290a.jpg

Jake Mangum better never celebrate in France.

https://hailstatebeat.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/unnamed2.jpg?w=300&h=169

Cooterpoot
04-17-2018, 03:22 PM
It was obvious.

NRA

Either way, the FBI wouldn't care.

Behrdawg
04-17-2018, 03:26 PM
Wasn’t that a scene on “Any given sunday”?

BeardoMSU
04-17-2018, 03:53 PM

Yep.

Dawg61
04-17-2018, 03:56 PM

In the Last Boy Scout he actually does use a gun on the defense

RocketDawg
04-17-2018, 04:16 PM
Doesn't bother me. They can do what they want in a spring game at Florida. In a real game, they'd be flagged for excessive celebration.

sleepy dawg
04-17-2018, 04:39 PM

we're talking about practice man. What are we talking about? Practice? We're talking about practice, man. We're talking about practice. We're talking about practice. We ain't talking about the game. We're talking about practice, man.

parabrave
04-17-2018, 04:46 PM
Baltimore, Chicago, or Detroit? Could be any of those

Washington I think.