PDA

View Full Version : Since ED was down for the game Yesterday.

Bulldog1
04-16-2018, 03:24 PM
Let's talk about Gary Henderson...
What was he thinking bringing Cole Gordon in to pitch and then leaving him out there like he did?

MetEdDawg
04-16-2018, 03:38 PM
Let's talk about Gary Henderson...
What was he thinking bringing Cole Gordon in to pitch and then leaving him out there like he did?

We should be more upset about his pitch calling. Throw a damn slider after you just threw one that got pulled for a homerun 40 feet foul. That pitch gets hammered 425 feet. I'm not going to say that I have as much experience calling pitches as he does, but I've called pitches in 7A high school ball and there's no way in hell that kid should have seen that same pitch.

I was not happy with the pitch sequencing from the 6th on.

Bulldog1
04-16-2018, 03:49 PM
We should be more upset about his pitch calling. Throw a damn slider after you just threw one that got pulled for a homerun 40 feet foul. That pitch gets hammered 425 feet. I'm not going to say that I have as much experience calling pitches as he does, but I've called pitches in 7A high school ball and there's no way in hell that kid should have seen that same pitch.

I was not happy with the pitch sequencing from the 6th on.

I think we could come up with a 3 page thread on everything he does wrong. Haha!

Percho
04-16-2018, 03:52 PM
What grips me is the only high fast ball we throw is one the catcher is standing up for before it is thrown and no one one God's green earth would swing at.

preachermatt83
04-16-2018, 03:54 PM
I think we could come up with a 3 page thread on everything he does wrong. Haha!

This^^^

AlSwearengen
04-16-2018, 04:00 PM
Is Henderson still a candidate for the head job?

Bulldog1
04-16-2018, 04:01 PM

No, no, no, no, no. Not a chance.

Leroy Jenkins
04-16-2018, 04:19 PM
#Hendersoning

parabrave
04-16-2018, 04:44 PM
He wanted to outdo B Snikter.

Todd4State
04-16-2018, 04:55 PM

I'm not sure that he ever really was.

Todd4State
04-16-2018, 04:58 PM
I think his biggest problem is he has worse roster management skills than Dan Mullen.

I'm filing playing Cole Gordon and pretty much any of the JUCO outfielders as poor roster management.

It makes zero sense as far as who he decides to play. Especially since we have better options in Keegan James and Blake Smith.

Henderson is as much to blame for this season as Cann is.

Bulldog1
04-16-2018, 04:59 PM
He wanted to outdo B Snikter.

Mission accomplished. He makes Snitker seem like Tony Larussa.

Bulldog1
04-16-2018, 05:02 PM
I think his biggest problem is he has worse roster management skills than Dan Mullen.

I'm filing playing Cole Gordon and pretty much any of the JUCO outfielders as poor roster management.

It makes zero sense as far as who he decides to play. Especially since we have better options in Keegan James and Blake Smith.

Henderson is as much to blame for this season as Cann is.

He should've been brought in to replace JB.

Todd4State
04-16-2018, 05:18 PM
He should've been brought in to replace JB.

The only thing that would give me pause about that is the fact that Bake Smith is coming off of Tommy John. So, honestly if it were me I would have brought Keegan James or Neff in and then gone to Smith in the 9th. Either way I wouldn't have gone with Cole Gordon.

Bulldog1
04-16-2018, 05:23 PM
The only thing that would give me pause about that is the fact that Bake Smith is coming off of Tommy John. So, honestly if it were me I would have brought Keegan James or Neff in and then gone to Smith in the 9th. Either way I wouldn't have gone with Cole Gordon.

I don't know how anybody could support bringing him in.

msbulldog
04-16-2018, 05:43 PM
This^^^

Their is somebody impersonating the Preach!

msbulldog
04-16-2018, 05:45 PM
Why was the site down?

preachermatt83
04-16-2018, 07:35 PM
Their is somebody impersonating the Preach!

I have many admirers

Activated Alpha
04-16-2018, 07:41 PM

I wouldn't go with Cole Gordon again in any of the upcoming SEC games. Keep him midweek

The Federalist Engineer
04-16-2018, 08:08 PM
I wouldn't go with Cole Gordon again in any of the upcoming SEC games. Keep him midweek

How did we get to Cole Gordon pitching in the SEC?

(1) Ashcraft bad hip
(2) Self has a shoulder
(3) Hughes never the same after TJ
(4) Ford did not recover from TJ
(5) Breaux is still in TJ recovery
(6) Padgett not the same after TJ
(7) Price is a current TJ
(8) Cyr decided to party in Kansas
(9) plumlee was taking some form of PEDs that probably didn't work
(10) Barton was a bust
(11) James is still in TJ recovery
(12) Mangum doesn't want to pitch anymore

That's how we end up with Cole Gordon even being a pitcher at MSU

shannondawg
04-16-2018, 09:09 PM
I figured Cole pitching was the reason the site got blown off the internet.

Bulldog1
04-16-2018, 09:12 PM
I figured Cole pitching was the reason the site got blown off the internet.
It would have been an epic meltdown, that's for sure.

Randolph Dupree
04-16-2018, 11:02 PM
How did we get to Cole Gordon pitching in the SEC?

(1) Ashcraft bad hip
(2) Self has a shoulder
(3) Hughes never the same after TJ
(4) Ford did not recover from TJr
(5) Breaux is still in TJ recovery
(6) Padgett not the same after TJ
(7) Price is a current TJ
(8) Cyr decided to party in Kansas
(9) plumlee was taking some form of PEDs that probably didn't work
(10) Barton was a bust
(11) James is still in TJ recovery
(12) Mangum doesn't want to pitch anymore

That's how we end up with Cole Gordon even being a pitcher at MSU

Actually, at least one of those TJ guys recovered fine. And Cann screwed us out of two of them. One of which is still counting against the 11.7 because Cann wasn't paying attention to scholarship cutoff dates.

Bulldog1
04-17-2018, 09:42 AM
I wouldn't go with Cole Gordon again in any of the upcoming SEC games.

Me neither.

The Federalist Engineer
04-17-2018, 03:35 PM
Actually, at least one of those TJ guys recovered fine. And Cann screwed us out of two of them. One of which is still counting against the 11.7 because Cann wasn't paying attention to scholarship cutoff dates.

I am happy to have Keegan James back and contributing, but I think if Keegan were 100% recovered, he would be an SEC starter on his way to 100 innings this year like Ethan Small. Yes, he is a better bet than CG in game situations where both are fresh. We had France, Neff, James, and Smith available to close-out the game.

At Hinds, Noah Hughes is having an ok season, ERA of 5.92 and 32 hits in 24 innings - means he gets slaughtered in SEC play.

At Chipolla, Jared Padgett is having a recovery season, ERA of 5.23 in 10 innings with 12 walks and 9 hits. Translates into slaughter against marquee D1 opposition in the SEC

Randolph Dupree
04-17-2018, 06:02 PM
Ford threw upper 90's (max 97) at the end of summer ball and was virtually unhittable through 4 innings in his last start.
This kid is still on campus and counting toward the 11.7 because Cann was an idiot and didn't handle the situation right.

Also, I think Hughes is ok too. I think his issues might be mental at this point. Cann jerked these guys around pretty good at the end of last year. Told them they were in good standing, and to go finish recovery over the summer then called them two weeks later and suggested they go Juco...or comeback and try to walk on. Wouldnt do it in person...all the while he was looking for their replacements.

Cann's off field issues were a blessing in disguise for us.