PDA

View Full Version : Agree/Disagree: Making a bowl game

CadaverDawg
10-07-2013, 10:34 AM
As many of you know, I feel like finding a way to make a bowl game this year is critical for our progression, and at this point I do not like our chances. But with that being said, if you look at the schedule there is still a chance.

So...."Agree" or "Disagree"....

If Mississippi State doesn't go 3-2 in our next 5 games, we will be at home this bowl season.

I say "agree". I do not see us winning back to back games vs Ark and OM with our backs against the wall.

TheRef
10-07-2013, 10:38 AM
I say agree also. I think this team is doing well and doesn't seem to have the mental fragility that we did last season. I think this team is tougher mentally than last year.

HereComesTheSpiral
10-07-2013, 10:40 AM
Agree that we will be at home if we don't go at least 3-2 over the next 5.

ChupacabraDawg
10-07-2013, 10:40 AM
I agree, BUT I think if we continue to improve and stay aggressive with our play calling and on our defensive front we can beat anyone left on the schedule outside of Alabama and Ta&m. Ole Miss makes a lot of mistakes and Arkansas is not very good even though we've never won in that state. At some point we will change that. Why not make it this year?

Maroon Diapers
10-07-2013, 10:43 AM
I agree that I will have no remorse for booking a ski trip over New Years this year.

Johnson85
10-07-2013, 11:26 AM
Disagree. We have a better chance of beating Arkansas and UM back to back than we do of stealing one from USC, A&M, or Bama. If we're good enough to steal one of those games, we're good enough to beat Ark and UM back to back.

cheewgumm
10-07-2013, 11:29 AM
Hmmm tough call. SC looks beatable now, but ARkansas also looks tougher than thought.

I'm going "agree".

maroonmania
10-07-2013, 11:30 AM
Disagree, I'm not sold that we can beat Ark and OM in back to back weeks either but there is a higher chance of that than beating either of @SC, @TA&M or Bama. So if we can't beat Ark and OM then I believe we will likely be sitting home. If the SC game was in Starkville I would actually feel pretty good about it and its still the most winnable game of those 3 but our odds are very slim to beat them on the road especially when I see the shaft job that SEC refs give teams like us that are considered in the "lower tier". If anyone thinks that the whole officiating crew just somehow didn't see the blatant hold by LSU out in the wide open on their first touchdown then you are just beyond naive.

Jack Lambert
10-07-2013, 11:59 AM
We'll beat bowling green and KY. That puts us at 4 and 3. Then we have to win two out of Alabama, A&M,SC, Arky and Ole Miss. It is possible. We are better then Arky and Ole Miss but we do go to Little Rock and that makes it tougher. Out of the other three, SC has problems and struggles but they seem to win in the end. A&M does not have a defense but stopping Johnny is going to be tough and we will have to out score them and then there is Bama. Bottom line is we can do it just can't afford any fourth quarter break downs. Which will happen with Bama. Always does just like LSU.

Political Hack
10-07-2013, 12:09 PM
strongly disagree. we much more likely to beat Ark and OM than we are SC, A&M, or Bama.

first things first though, we've got to take care of business against BG and UK. Any slip ups and we're screwed with this schedule.

GoToHellOleMiss
10-07-2013, 12:18 PM
We have a better chance of beating Arky and UM back to back.

But it ain't happening. We will not get to 6 wins.

drunkernhelldawg
10-07-2013, 12:21 PM
Agree there's a chance but disagree that it matters.

Coach34
10-07-2013, 12:21 PM
strongly disagree

UPig decides whether we get to 6 or not

Barking 13
10-07-2013, 12:32 PM
I'm going to cross fingers, rub rabbit's feet, hang horseshoes, pray, etc......

Bullmutt
10-07-2013, 01:14 PM
IWe can reach six only by beating Ark and OM back-to-back.