PDA

View Full Version : I love what coach JoMo said today after practice

Offshore Dawg
04-14-2018, 05:20 PM
We will put the "BEST" 11 players on the field at all times. Wow imagine that our best players get the playing time.

Todd4State
04-14-2018, 05:47 PM
That is exciting news to me. I'm curious to see how he uses Dear. It sounds like Hill and Aeris will probably split reps. And I like the idea of using Austin Williams in the slot along with Deddrick Thomas and Dear probably.

I seen it dawg
04-14-2018, 05:51 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if Hill passes aeries...learning pass blocking for 2 more yrs be damned

basedog
04-14-2018, 06:06 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if Hill passes aeries...learning pass blocking for 2 more yrs be damned

We gonna need both, I'm sure we will play both to their strengths.

shannondawg
04-14-2018, 06:16 PM
It tickles me how our opinion of a coach changes overnight, I would go down defending him to the last breath when he was here, and now the light has come on to all his shortcoming,

Todd4State
04-14-2018, 06:33 PM

He definitely has the higher ceiling of the two. I wouldn't be surprised to see Hill start either. I LOVE the way he runs the ball.

Todd4State
It tickles me how our opinion of a coach changes overnight, I would go down defending him to the last breath when he was here, and now the light has come on to all his shortcoming,

Well not all of us.

CadaverDawg
6'3 Williams in the slot is a mismatch. It's good to see some size out there catching passes again. I always liked seeing DeRunnya line up in the slot because it helped create mismatches in the pass game, but also gave you a big blocking WR near the line in the run game to help seal the edge. I don't think people realize how much losing Bear hurt our ability to break long, game changing runs.

Todd4State
04-14-2018, 06:36 PM
6'3 Williams in the slot is a mismatch. It's good to see some size out there catching passes again. I always liked seeing DeRunnya line up in the slot because it helped create mismatches in the pass game, but also gave you a big blocking WR in the run game to help seal the edge. I don't think people realize how much losing Bear hurt our ability to break long, game changing runs.

And I read on 247 a quote from a player who "couldn't believe that Williams redshirted" last year. While we're on the subject of playing our best players.

I like that we have options for the slot. We have Williams, Dear, Thomas, maybe Whop, and then you have the TE's like Green who I'm sure we will line up there. That's a lot of different types of players.

shannondawg
04-14-2018, 06:46 PM
Well not all of us.

Well that's just saying speaking of him or posting about him, Not what I was thinking at times!

BiscuitEater
04-14-2018, 07:11 PM
That is exciting news to me. I'm curious to see how he uses Dear. It sounds like Hill and Aeris will probably split reps. And I like the idea of using Austin Williams in the slot along with Deddrick Thomas and Dear probably.

Where do you play Mixon and his 15+ ypc?

Bully13
04-14-2018, 07:16 PM
We will put the "BEST" 11 players on the field at all times. Wow imagine that our best players get the playing time.

insider dig at Mullen? maybe listening to grumblings from the underclassmen? and maybe understanding their grumblings are legit?

Ari Gold
04-14-2018, 07:23 PM

Mixon will be your starter in the slot. Easily.. him being hurt this spring has give other guys lots of reps.
Mixon will be electric in this offense

msbulldog
04-14-2018, 07:54 PM
And I read on 247 a quote from a player who "couldn't believe that Williams redshirted" last year. While we're on the subject of playing our best players.

I like that we have options for the slot. We have Williams, Dear, Thomas, maybe Whop, and then you have the TE's like Green who I'm sure we will line up there. That's a lot of different types of players.

Don't forget Mixon.

bulldawg28
04-14-2018, 08:07 PM
6'3 Williams in the slot is a mismatch. It's good to see some size out there catching passes again. I always liked seeing DeRunnya line up in the slot because it helped create mismatches in the pass game, but also gave you a big blocking WR near the line in the run game to help seal the edge. I don't think people realize how much losing Bear hurt our ability to break long, game changing runs.

I don't know if was a bear thing or coaching choice. Mullen never put the best 11 on the field with the exception of his 1st and 2nd year imo. I expect the smaller Wr' s playing time will be limited even in the slot if the best 11 play.

Turfdawg67
04-14-2018, 08:18 PM

Believe that was Green that said that about Williams.

TALL DAWG
04-14-2018, 08:25 PM

Are we to assume Guidry and Heath will not be on the sidelines this fall to give more depth?

Ari Gold
04-14-2018, 08:27 PM
Are we to assume Guidry and Heath will not be on the sidelines this fall to give more depth?

For the last time .. Guidry is fine .. he practiced again today . Just like he did Thursday and Tuesday this week

Leroy Jenkins
04-14-2018, 08:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP4fcyUxp38

Jarius
04-14-2018, 08:33 PM
For the last time .. Guidry is fine .. he practiced again today . Just like he did Thursday and Tuesday this week

He wasn't implying anything was wrong with guidry. He was implying he wouldn't be sitting on the bench because Moorhead would be playing the best players instead of seniors.

TALL DAWG
04-14-2018, 08:51 PM
He wasn't implying anything was wrong with guidry. He was implying he wouldn't be sitting on the bench because Moorhead would be playing the best players instead of seniors.

Correct and....Hail State!

TALL DAWG
04-14-2018, 08:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP4fcyUxp38

Watching Coach Jo-Mo speak is really refreshing compared to that guy who left for the swamp,
whatever his name was...

Ari Gold
04-14-2018, 08:58 PM

My mistake. And Gudiry wasn?t going to be on the sideline Mullen or no Mullen

TALL DAWG
04-14-2018, 09:22 PM
My mistake. And Gudiry wasn?t going to be on the sideline Mullen or no Mullen

No problem brother!

Keep bringing us ur great recruiting insight.
It?s top shelf stuff.

SmokeyDawg
04-14-2018, 10:04 PM
He said Gudiry has gained 20lb of muscle since he's been on campus. This is exaggerated right?

yjnkdawg
04-14-2018, 10:53 PM

Just the opposite of the Mullen "who plays" philosophy, which is great. This means more competition in practice, because nobody is guaranteed a starting position, or playing time in each game. The players have to earn it in practice and they know that.

yjnkdawg
04-14-2018, 11:02 PM
He said Gudiry has gained 20lb of muscle since he's been on campus. This is exaggerated right?

Why is this exaggerated? Guidry has the body frame to do that and we now have a great strength and conditioning coach, and also have a highly qualified Sports Dietician.

SmokeyDawg
04-14-2018, 11:18 PM
Why is this exaggerated? Guidry has the body frame to do that and we now have a great strength and conditioning coach, and also have a highly qualified Sports Dietician.

I was asking if it was an exaggeration. That would be great and it is doable in 3 months. It's just the first I have heard of this and I figured some one that's been around practice would have noticed.

bostondawg
04-15-2018, 01:31 AM
Where does Malik Dear fit into this offense?

JoseBrown
04-15-2018, 03:01 AM
insider dig at Mullen? maybe listening to grumblings from the underclassmen? and maybe understanding their grumblings are legit?

Speaking of, I've heard Moorhead say on at least two occasions that we've only had one winning conference record in the last 18 years, and that it was gonna change.

Pit Bull
04-15-2018, 03:46 AM

Would surprise me because I think Aeris is easily the best back we can put on the field. But that's just this one fan's opinion of which there are other fan's opinions that Hill may be the better back. Makes great message board chit chat. Should be fun to see what the our real professional coaches end up doing.

Leroy Jenkins
04-15-2018, 05:58 AM
Would surprise me because I think Aeris is easily the best back we can put on the field. But that's just this one fan's opinion of which there are other fan's opinions that Hill may be the better back. Makes great message board chit chat. Should be fun to see what the our real professional coaches end up doing.

Williams has a higher floor. Hill has a higher ceiling, I think Hill is a 3 yr guy.