PDA

View Full Version : Mississippi State students charged in Crimson Tide break-in

BhamDawg205
04-14-2018, 12:03 AM
So this is what I walk into at work tonight.
Already tough living in tide and tiger country... Was just hoping it wasn't players, but didn't recognize the names. Must be a frat thing. Not worth the felonies though
But all the recruitment news helps!

http://whnt.com/2018/04/13/mississippi-state-students-charged-in-crimson-tide-break-in/amp/

somebodyshotmypaw
04-14-2018, 08:32 AM
I guess this is where I'm different than everybody else on this board. Every time I discuss behavior, I'm labeled as an old out-of-touch guy who doesn't understand modern millennials. But I'll go there anyway and say this: It dang sure does deserve felonies. They traveled to Tuscaloosa, intentionally broke into a building, and burglarized it. Their ass needs to go to jail. I have no problem with a felony.

Now cue the responses of "it's not a big deal", "it's just a little theft", "it's perfectly normal for college kids to burglarize a building", and my favorite "I burglarized many places when I was in college, so I see nothing wrong with it."

If my kids did it, you can bet your tail it would be a big deal.

basedog
04-14-2018, 08:41 AM
I guess this is where I'm different than everybody else on this board. Every time I discuss behavior, I'm labeled as an old out-of-touch guy who doesn't understand modern millennials. But I'll go there anyway and say this: It dang sure does deserve felonies. They traveled to Tuscaloosa, intentionally broke into a building, and burglarized it. Their ass needs to go to jail. I have no problem with a felony.

Now cue the responses of "it's not a big deal", "it's just a little theft", "it's perfectly normal for college kids to burglarize a building", and my favorite "I burglarized many places when I was in college, so I see nothing wrong with it."

If my kids did it, you can't bet your tail it would be a big deal.

Exactly, anyone saying it is ok just can't be helped, those idiots should be punished.

Dental Dawg33
04-14-2018, 08:48 AM
I'm sure they were trying to be cute and funny thinking it'd be an epic prank but your actions have consequences and you have to own it. In this day and age there's always an excuse instead of saying well shit I messed up and I'll own it. Not all of us millenials are self centered, irresponsible cry baby's that deflect blame. A lot of the issue is a lack of accountability which starts with parenting or lack there of. Hopefully these guys will learn from this mistake bc it is a serious offense.

I seen it dawg
04-14-2018, 09:02 AM
Welcome to the real world assholes. Break into buildings and steal and vandalize has consequences. Get ready to man up and live with them.

Leroy Jenkins
04-14-2018, 09:14 AM

I don't see where it's debatable... it's a crime. Who said it's OK? Or are you just getting preemptively angry just in case?

somebodyshotmypaw
04-14-2018, 09:19 AM
I don't see where it's debatable... it's a crime. Who said it's OK? Or are you just getting preemptively angry just in case?

Not angry at all. But anytime we get someone arrested, and I say "can't the guy just behave and stay out of cop cars", posters start with the "it's not a big deal" and "everybody does it".

BhamDawg205
04-14-2018, 09:48 AM
I'm with you when you right. They got what they deserved.... Had 2 whole hours to talk their selves out of doing something stupid

BeastMan
04-14-2018, 09:51 AM
This was a college prank. One of those things that you laugh about for years if you don’t get caught. Hopefully they let these kids plead down.

Bulldog1
04-14-2018, 09:54 AM

If my kids did it, you can bet your tail it would be a big deal.
Agree.

BeastMan
04-14-2018, 09:55 AM
One more thing: not a single one of these guys are millennials. Millennials are 22-37. These guy are generation Z. The generation that eats tide pods and snorts condoms. Quit assuming everyone young is a millennial. And remember, it’s the baby boomers fault anyway

somebodyshotmypaw
04-14-2018, 09:58 AM
This was a college prank. One of those things that you laugh about for years if you don’t get caught. Hopefully they let these kids plead down.

Breaking into a building and committing theft is something you laugh about for years? Seriously? So when a kid in inner city Jackson breaks into a pawn shop in Jackson at 2:00 AM and steals cash and three TVs, you consider that a prank worth laughing about? Honestly, I'm curious.

BeastMan
04-14-2018, 10:13 AM
Breaking into a building and committing theft is something you laugh about for years? Seriously? So when a kid in inner city Jackson breaks into a pawn shop in Jackson at 2:00 AM and steals cash and three TVs, you consider that a prank worth laughing about? Honestly, I'm curious.

First off, they stole memobillia which I take to mean some jerseys or something. 3 college kids from a rival school is not nearly the same as your retarded scenario. It would be more akin to some Provine kids spray painting the Callaway practice field and stealing tackling dummies.

Illegal actions have consequences and these kids will have to face that. School kids have been breaking in to schools and doing all types of mischief for 100 years. The difference is when my parents and their parents where growing up there were no cameras or technology so they got away. It was damn near impossible to get a DUI in 1974 but you’ll get one today with a quickness for 2 glasses of wine. My main point is the main ones (older people) who do the virtuous act pointing at the younger generations did all the same type of things (generally) but got away with it.

Liverpooldawg
04-14-2018, 11:10 AM
One more thing: not a single one of these guys are millennials. Millennials are 22-37. These guy are generation Z. The generation that eats tide pods and snorts condoms. Quit assuming everyone young is a millennial. And remember, it’s the baby boomers fault anyway

They are in Generation S. Generation STUPID. That one includes people born from creation/evolution till the end of time.

RocketDawg
04-14-2018, 11:12 AM
First off, they stole memobillia which I take to mean some jerseys or something. 3 college kids from a rival school is not nearly the same as your retarded scenario. It would be more akin to some Provine kids spray painting the Callaway practice field and stealing tackling dummies.

Illegal actions have consequences and these kids will have to face that. School kids have been breaking in to schools and doing all types of mischief for 100 years. The difference is when my parents and their parents where growing up there were no cameras or technology so they got away. It was damn near impossible to get a DUI in 1974 but you’ll get one today with a quickness for 2 glasses of wine. My main point is the main ones (older people) who do the virtuous act pointing at the younger generations did all the same type of things (generally) but got away with it.

Kinda sounds like you might have pulled a few felonious "pranks" when you were in college ....

Leeshouldveflanked
04-14-2018, 11:17 AM
Sigma Chi's representing.... embarrassment for both MSU and Sigma Chi.... MSU needs to have a heavy hand on this.

LC Dawg
04-14-2018, 11:59 AM
College kids do stupid shit. It's not like it's someone's personal dwelling or a business. These guys did something stupid and they will pay for it. If it was my kid I would definitely come down hard on them because that's my job as a parent but I can't have the knowledge from 30 years ago of stupid shit I did in college and act like this was a heinous crime. Everything BeastMan has said is true. Sometimes I'm amazed at the opinion my generation has of themselves.
I am, however, disappointed that State students didn't realize that in 2018 there are security cameras everywhere.
Oh, and one more thing - **** Bama!

BeastMan
04-14-2018, 12:06 PM
Kinda sounds like you might have pulled a few felonious "pranks" when you were in college ....

Is that supposed to be an insult or jab or something? Because you're damn right I did a ton of dumb stuff growing up. Me and my crew have a trip coming up in a month. We’re all mid 30s, everyone is successful, and we’ll laugh all night telling stories between our antics. It’s amazing we’re all alive and in good health. What can I say, the priesthood wasn’t for me.

BeastMan
04-14-2018, 12:09 PM
College kids do stupid shit. It's not like it's someone's personal dwelling or a business. These guys did something stupid and they will pay for it. If it was my kid I would definitely come down hard on them because that's my job as a parent but I can't have the knowledge from 30 years ago of stupid shit I did in college and act like this was a heinous crime. Everything BeastMan has said is true. Sometimes I'm amazed at the opinion my generation has of themselves.
I am, however, disappointed that State students didn't realize that in 2018 there are security cameras everywhere.
Oh, and one more thing - **** Bama!

100% nailed it

somebodyshotmypaw
04-14-2018, 12:47 PM
We set such low expectations for kids these days i guess. It’s okay kids, one day you can sit around the campfire and talk about your car theft, burglary, and assault and battery. It will be a barrel of laughs.

Todd4State
04-14-2018, 12:56 PM

I bet this is what happens. Have them do some kind of community service as punishment and if they complete it wipe it off their record.

BeastMan
04-14-2018, 01:00 PM
We set such low expectations for kids these days i guess. It’s okay kids, one day you can sit around the campfire and talk about your car theft, burglary, and assault and battery. It will be a barrel of laughs.

Lol. It’s not about changing expectations. It’s about having wisdom from your past experiences the then using that to have understanding. My father is 60 and was a KA at State. The stories I’ve heard from him and some of his buddies....

You old guys are a trip. Little Billy gets caught drinking and tp’ing a house and y’all are looking for rope and a high limb.

bulldawg28
04-14-2018, 01:21 PM

Illegal actions have consequences and these kids will have to face that. School kids have been breaking in to schools and doing all types of mischief for 100 years. The difference is when my parents and their parents where growing up there were no cameras or technology so they got away. It was damn near impossible to get a DUI in 1974 but you?ll get one today with a quickness for 2 glasses of wine. My main point is the main ones (older people) who do the virtuous act pointing at the younger generations did all the same type of things (generally) but got away with it.

How is this different than the scenario given? Stealing is stealing. It's the same motive for both. They're forcibly taking something not theirs. Both situations are breaking the law. How is it ok? There is no excuse. They should be prosecuted to the fullest extent.

bulldawg28
04-14-2018, 01:23 PM
I bet this is what happens. Have them do some kind of community service as punishment and if they complete it wipe it off their record.

That's too easy and privilege. Either give it to everyone or eliminate it.

somebodyshotmypaw
04-14-2018, 01:30 PM
Lol. It’s not about changing expectations. It’s about having wisdom from your past experiences the then using that to have understanding. My father is 60 and was a KA at State. The stories I’ve heard from him and some of his buddies....

Good point. I can't use my wisdom of past experiences to have understanding. That's because I never broke into a locked building and burglarized it. If your past experiences include criminal felony activity (and I'm not saying it does), then maybe you understand it. But I don't.

While certainly this isn't murder, rape, etc., it's not exactly toilet papering yards. This is a criminal felony. This isn't a prank.

And at least two of these kids already have a reputation that makes this not very surprising.

somebodyshotmypaw
04-14-2018, 01:34 PM
And I'm a white, conservative, affluent male. And I think it's flat wrong that the inner city black male who breaks into the pawn shop at 2:00 AM and steals cash and a few TVs is considered a thug and criminal, while these kids are considered comedians who are having fun and made an innocent mistake.

BrunswickDawg
04-14-2018, 01:38 PM

^ This. My Baby Boomer Dad and his buddies all laugh and say if there had been security cameras, the desire to punish people heavily for stupidity, and the level of police around in the late 50s and early 60s they would have all been labeled as "troubled youth" and all have multiple felonies.

BeastMan
04-14-2018, 01:46 PM
How is this different than the scenario given? Stealing is stealing. It's the same motive for both. They're forcibly taking something not theirs. Both situations are breaking the law. How is it ok? There is no excuse. They should be prosecuted to the fullest extent.

Stealing is stealing but the motive is absolutely different. I don't think you understand what motive means. Let me give you a legal example. #1 Guy walks in on wife cheating and kills the guy on the spot. #2 Guy finds out guy screwed him in a land deal. He stalks the guy, learns his patterns, kills him, and gets rid of the body. In both 1 and 2 there is murder but there is a huge difference in how those guys would be prosecuted and potential plea offers. Guy #2 is getting life without at absolute best. Depending on the state of residence, guy 2 could get 3rd degree murder (like in Penn) or maybe manslaughter (in MS) if he's lucky.

BeastMan
04-14-2018, 01:48 PM
And I'm a white, conservative, affluent male. And I think it's flat wrong that the inner city black male who breaks into the pawn shop at 2:00 AM and steals cash and a few TVs is considered a thug and criminal, while these kids are considered comedians who are having fun and made an innocent mistake.

This isn't about race at all but you can be 100% certain I'd be saying the exact same thing if it was 4 black college students who were kappas or whatever.

BeastMan
04-14-2018, 01:49 PM
^ This. My Baby Boomer Dad and his buddies all laugh and say if there had been security cameras, the desire to punish people heavily for stupidity, and the level of police around in the late 50s and early 60s they would have all been labeled as "troubled youth" and all have multiple felonies.

I'm not surprised you get it

BeastMan
04-14-2018, 01:53 PM
Good point. I can't use my wisdom of past experiences to have understanding. That's because I never broke into a locked building and burglarized it. If your past experiences include criminal felony activity (and I'm not saying it does), then maybe you understand it. But I don't.

I don't think you understand how incredible that statements is. If it's true, and I don't believe you honestly feel that way, you're saying you are not capable of having empathy for another human unless you've made the same exact decisions. That's a pretty wild belief to have.

If you're a faith guy, you should look in to prison ministry or youth outreach/mentoring. I'm not saying that to be a dick either. I think it would be as good as experience for you as it would the people you're helping.

bulldawg28
04-14-2018, 01:57 PM
Stealing is stealing but the motive is absolutely different. I don't think you understand what motive means. Let me give you a legal example. #1 Guy walks in on wife cheating and kills the guy on the spot. #2 Guy finds out guy screwed him in a land deal. He stalks the guy, learns his patterns, kills him, and gets rid of the body. In both 1 and 2 there is murder but there is a huge difference in how those guys would be prosecuted and potential plea offers. Guy #2 is getting life without at absolute best. Depending on the state of residence, guy 2 could get 3rd degree murder (like in Penn) or maybe manslaughter (in MS) if he's lucky.

Excuses you're making. Truthfully, you can't say what their actual motive is being you weren't there or between their ears. Obviously the institution robbed feels stealing should be punished.

BrunswickDawg
04-14-2018, 01:58 PM
I'm not surprised you get it
When I turned 16 my Dad said - "You can drive, and your weekend curfew is 12:00. And don't think you can get away with doing stupid shit - because every stupid thing you will think about doing, I've already done and did better than you." Needless to say, I then did stupid shit.

bulldawg28
04-14-2018, 01:58 PM
This isn't about race at all but you can be 100% certain I'd be saying the exact same thing if it was 4 black college students who were kappas or whatever.

I would hope so. But kappas or whomever need to be punished for this sort of stupidity.

BeastMan
04-14-2018, 02:06 PM
I would hope so. But kappas or whomever need to be punished for this sort of stupidity.

Anyone that knows me knows that’s a fact. And I’m cretainly not saying these guys aren’t stupid. I’m just not in to throwing the book at people under 25 unless it’s something really egregious. These guys should have consequences. Don’t let them off or there is no lesson to be learned.

bulldawg28
04-14-2018, 02:13 PM
Anyone that knows me knows that’s a fact. And I’m cretainly not saying these guys aren’t stupid. I’m just not in to throwing the book at people under 25 unless it’s something really egregious. These guys should have consequences. Don’t let them off or there is no lesson to be learned.

Agreed, I couldn't give you rep.

BeastMan
04-14-2018, 02:22 PM
Let me give an example of what I think would be an acceptable plea for discussion sake in this thread. This would take some cooperation from MSU as well but they've already said they would.

Plea deal:
-Plead non adjudication
-3 years probation
-200 hours of community service in T-town

MSU's role:
-withdrawn from school with ability to reapply in the fall
-suspended from fraternity until spring next year

Let's talk what that does:
-200 hours of community service is 25 8-hour work days. If you do every Saturday that means over 6 months of weekends spent cleaning up T-town
-3 years of probation basically covers the rest of the time they are in school so drug testing can be given whenever. Keeps them on the tight and narrow
-the non adjudication pleas keeps the charges off their record IF they finish their probation and community service without a hitch
-any violation of probation leads the non adjudication agreement being torn up and a guilty plea and having a felony on your record. The 3 years of probabtion could essentially be turned in to jail time at a revocation hearing should the guy be a total screw-up.

What that would accomplish:
-A plea like that would be a 2nd chance but now you have real consequences over your head. Complete everything like you should and you'll graduate with a clean record and be on your way to do whatever you want to do in life. If you decide to be a career criminal, there are enough firewalls to keep them tripped up (and locked up) should they go that route.

BrunswickDawg
04-14-2018, 02:32 PM

This is also spot on. Where I get POd is with the generational labeling. Every generation has its stupid trends, dangerous stunts, and inside humor that you don't get unless you are in that age group. Is the Tide Pod challenge any dumber than eating goldfish or seeing how many people you can stuff in a VW or a phone booth? Is trying to steal our 1941 National Championship trophy*** from the Tide any dumber than Ole Miss stealing Bully and spray painting him? Just like giving kids participation trophies isn't a new thing - I've seen ones my grandfather got in the 1930s.

bulldawg28
04-14-2018, 02:39 PM
Let me give an example of what I think would be an acceptable plea for discussion sake in this thread. This would take some cooperation from MSU as well but they've already said they would.

Plea deal:
-Plead non adjudication
-3 years probation

MSU's role:

-200 hours of community service is 25 8-hour work days. If you do every Saturday that means over 6 months of weekends spent cleaning up T-town
-3 years of probation basically covers the rest of the time they are in school so drug testing can be given whenever. Keeps them on the tight and narrow
-the non adjudication pleas keeps the charges off their record IF they finish their probation and community service without a hitch
-any violation of probation leads the non adjudication agreement being torn up and a guilty plea and having a felony on your record. The 3 years of probabtion could essentially be turned in to jail time at a revocation hearing should the guy be a total screw-up.

-A plea like that would be a 2nd chance but now you have real consequences over your head. Complete everything like you should and you'll graduate with a clean record and be on your way to do whatever you want to do in life. If you decide to be a career criminal, there are enough firewalls to keep them tripped up (and locked up) should they go that route.

I would agree with this. They'd definitely learn the lesson

Todd4State
04-14-2018, 02:41 PM
That's too easy and privilege. Either give it to everyone or eliminate it.

It's also common sense. Most people that do something like this and have nothing else on their record are given a second chance as well. All demographics.

And trust me on this because I had a friend who was murdered in Jackson in cold blood and the murderer was from a much lower demographic than those students and the murderer was given a short sentence and released less than three years after the murder. So don't go there with me.

Todd4State
04-14-2018, 02:46 PM

Plea deal:
-Plead non adjudication
-3 years probation

MSU's role:

Excellent post. I agree because this is how you give someone a second chance but also at the same time giving them consequences. And if they don't hold up their end of the deal they get thrown in jail.

04-14-2018, 02:50 PM
Bunch of hypocrites in this thread.

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2018/04/teen_not_guilty_of_mike_gilott.html

Those 4 animals are going to get off scot-free for cold blooded murder of a veteran father. Yet you all are WANTING a couple of frat kids, who pulled a prank, to go spend serious time in jail.

Wake the eff up, freaking clueless sheep

bulldawg28
04-14-2018, 03:34 PM
It's also common sense. Most people that do something like this and have nothing else on their record are given a second chance as well. All demographics.

And trust me on this because I had a friend who was murdered in Jackson in cold blood and the murderer was from a much lower demographic than those students and the murderer was given a short sentence and released less than three years after the murder. So don't go there with me.

Go where with you? Go take a pill or something. Privileges are alive and well. I know too well about it, so please go there!

bulldawg28
04-14-2018, 03:39 PM

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2018/04/teen_not_guilty_of_mike_gilott.html

Those 4 animals are going to get off scot-free for cold blooded murder of a veteran father. Yet you all are WANTING a couple of frat kids, who pulled a prank, to go spend serious time in jail.

WTH does this have to do with anything? Those kids didn't get away. It looks like only one was not charged with murder. It has absolutely nothing to do with this conversation. You're acting as if this topic you brought up was discussed. If a prank is against the law they should deal with the punishment of they're too stupid to understand that they deserve the consequences just like the teens from the 2 year old case mentioned.

TUSK
04-14-2018, 03:51 PM

Plea deal:
-Plead non adjudication
-3 years probation

MSU's role:

I think they should be sentenced to clean, buff, wax (whatever) the Trophies, although they'd hafta prolly work more like 2000 hours...

Todd4State
04-14-2018, 03:55 PM
Go where with you? Go take a pill or something. Privileges are alive and well. I know too well about it, so please go there!

Figure it out.

I don't need a pill. You need to get a clue pill or something if you think that it's OK to murder someone and let that person serve a light sentence compared to the crime and then think that the law should throw the book at someone who presumably has no criminal record for doing something stupid that cost no loss of life with the items returned though.

04-14-2018, 04:12 PM
WTH does this have to do with anything? Those kids didn't get away. It looks like only one was not charged with murder. It has absolutely nothing to do with this conversation. You're acting as if this topic you brought up was discussed. If a prank is against the law they should deal with the punishment of they're too stupid to understand that they deserve the consequences just like the teens from the 2 year old case mentioned.

Alot. It's comparing crimes and punishment, and no, the point is that those clowns that killed Gilloti are all about to get off, the shooter has already been acquitted, and the 2nd guy missed the murder guilty plea too, said they couldn't prove they were there, but both of them put each other at the crime scene, really shitty prosecuting

Bunch of wannabe hardasses, got no common sense. Instead of going after the real societal problems, you want to corporately punish some frat kids who got drunk and acted dumb

STRANG EM UP1111 PRIVVVV LIGE

BeastMan
04-14-2018, 04:14 PM
I think they should be sentenced to clean, buff, wax (whatever) the Trophies, although they'd hafta prolly work more like 2000 hours...

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6ZsUJ44ffpnAW7Dy/source.gif

bulldawg28
04-14-2018, 04:15 PM
Figure it out.

I don't need a pill. You need to get a clue pill or something if you think that it's OK to murder someone and let that person serve a light sentence compared to the crime and then think that the law should throw the book at someone who presumably has no criminal record for doing something stupid that cost no loss of life with the items returned though.

I never said anything about a light sentence is justifiable for murder. I simply told you privelage exist and should given to everyone or eliminated altogether. Stop listening to the birdie telling you things people didn't say. I see you were determined to be mad by attempting to edit. "Figure it out!" How about you figure it out.

Todd4State
04-14-2018, 04:25 PM
I never said anything about a light sentence is justifiable for murder. I simply told you privelage exist and should given to everyone or eliminated altogether. Stop listening to the birdie telling you things people didn't say. I see you were determined to be mad by attempting to edit. "Figure it out!" How about you figure it out.

Maybe if you have a friend that is killed and the murderer is out running free you'll figure it out too. And that murderer was from inner city Jackson. And I'm not talking about Eastover. Or even Fondren or Belhaven. But your little "birdies" don't talk about that do they?

somebodyshotmypaw
04-14-2018, 04:27 PM
I don't think you understand how incredible that statements is. If it's true, and I don't believe you honestly feel that way, you're saying you are not capable of having empathy for another human unless you've made the same exact decisions. That's a pretty wild belief to have.

If you're a faith guy, you should look in to prison ministry or youth outreach/mentoring. I'm not saying that to be a dick either. I think it would be as good as experience for you as it would the people you're helping.

I can and do have understanding in the way of empathy, compassion, forgiveness, etc. What I'm saying is that I don't have understanding in the way of "I understand exactly why college kids want to be criminals, because I wanted to be a criminal when I was their age. So it's okay and there is nothing wrong with being a criminal."

I've done some prison ministry through the Baptist church. Don't confuse forgiveness with acceptance. People can be forgiven for murder. It doesn't mean you tell them that murder is acceptable, not a big deal, and is perfectly normal. It means you tell them it was wrong but forgiveness and salvation are available. While what these kids did is certainly in no way akin to murder, I do think it's nuts that their behavior is being normalized and accepted and written off as "boys will be boys" behavior.

bulldawg28
04-14-2018, 05:20 PM
Maybe if you have a friend that is killed and the murderer is out running free you'll figure it out too. And that murderer was from inner city Jackson. And I'm not talking about Eastover. Or even Fondren or Belhaven. But your little "birdies" don't talk about that do they?

I've had a friend killed and the killer was acquitted with no time. So cry me a river . That birdie has fooled you too think you're the only one. Pathetic you think so narrow and closed minded. Privelage still exists.

Offshore Dawg
04-14-2018, 05:24 PM
This was a college prank. One of those things that you laugh about for years if you don?t get caught. Hopefully they let these kids plead down.

Bull shit, that is the trouble with this country now, no fear of retribution. Send them to jail let Tyrone take care of that ass a lesson needs to be learned. And yes I take a hard line on letting people off.

bulldawg28
04-14-2018, 05:25 PM
Alot. It's comparing crimes and punishment, and no, the point is that those clowns that killed Gilloti are all about to get off, the shooter has already been acquitted, and the 2nd guy missed the murder guilty plea too, said they couldn't prove they were there, but both of them put each other at the crime scene, really shitty prosecuting

Bunch of wannabe hardasses, got no common sense. Instead of going after the real societal problems, you want to corporately punish some frat kids who got drunk and acted dumb

STRANG EM UP1111 PRIVVVV LIGE

What are you smoking? You bring up any entirely different conversation that only you've read then post to call people here biast for not acknowledging it. Pretty legit huh? You do the crime you do the time.

Noxdog
04-14-2018, 05:31 PM
I've had a friend killed and the killer was acquitted with no time. So cry me a river . That birdie has fooled you too think you're the only one. Pathetic you think so narrow and closed minded. Privelage still exists.

You are referring to "white privilege", correct?

Todd4State
04-14-2018, 05:43 PM

Nope. Two wrongs don't make a right. Which means based on your experience which is similar to mine that you obviously equate stealing something as being worse than murder- which makes your stance even worse. But carry on your "birdie" company line.

I seen it dawg
04-14-2018, 05:45 PM

For once the convo is pretty civil...dude relax or step on out.

ETA...sorry it went sideways after your post and you aren't to blame. I read yours and replied before reading the rest.

bulldawg28
04-14-2018, 05:54 PM
You are referring to "white privilege", correct?

No sir. It has nothing to do with race. Just having certain connections bring privelages for some and excludes others. I'm saying make the field equal for everyone.

bulldawg28
04-14-2018, 05:57 PM
Nope. Two wrongs don't make a right. Which means based on your experience which is similar to mine that you obviously equate stealing something as being worse than murder- which makes your stance even worse. But carry on your "birdie" company line.

Being you're slow to comptehend today show me where I said murder and theft are the same. I'll wait.

Todd4State
04-14-2018, 06:12 PM
No sir. It has nothing to do with race. Just having certain connections bring privelages for some and excludes others. I'm saying make the field equal for everyone.

You mean like being a football player?

Todd4State
04-14-2018, 06:23 PM
Being you're slow to comptehend today show me where I said murder and theft are the same. I'll wait.

Since you are having difficulty "comptehend"ing today let me give you a replay of what YOU said:

Some of us said that they should plead out and do community service and see BeastMan's post on what the punishment in detail should be.

YOU said that would be too easy because of privilege.

I pointed out an example of someone from a lower demographic getting off easy. YOU then told me to take a pill. Because it shoots a big hole into your ignorance.

I just assumed that you were ignorant since maybe you hadn't walked in my shoes before. Until YOU told me that you had something similar happen to you. And despite that experience YOU think that these four guys should be punished not because of what they actually did- but because you obviously think that they should be punished and taught a lesson because of "privilege". So essentially what you are saying in a round about way is people should be punished because of their backgrounds rather than the actual crime that they commit regardless of whether it is murder or stealing something. And that's absolutely wrong.

Edit to say- and that's not to say that people from all demographics have or haven't gotten what they deserve or don't deserve at times over the course of American history. But you don't make "make up" calls on other people that had nothing else to do with another separate case that they had nothing to do with just because they were from the same demographic as another criminal who had a trial that got botched.

RocketDawg
04-14-2018, 06:29 PM

They could be made to glue back together the pieces of the national championship trophy that somebody broke at the Wal Mart showing a few years ago. And they'd have one just like it to "go by " ....

Howboutdemdogs
04-14-2018, 06:33 PM
Dumb Asses!

Noxdog
04-14-2018, 06:47 PM

For a well thought and measured response,

If it were only that easy. There are things in life, called consequences.

If it makes you feel better, I don't believe in privilege either. Let's not act like it's a sin, though. Nobody asks for it.

Pit Bull
04-14-2018, 06:52 PM
Those four will have fun checking the "felony" box on future job applications for the rest of their lives. Hope they all have families that own their own business.

bulldawg28
04-14-2018, 07:30 PM
You mean like being a football player?

Absolutely, that's one privelage. However, I didn't do stupid things like breaking the law to this extent....And I paid my speeding tickets.