PDA

View Full Version : Cunningham Commits to MSU

ShotgunDawg
04-13-2018, 06:04 PM
This is unreal

Big4Dawg
04-13-2018, 06:09 PM
Can they not spread these out a little? Can’t handle.

Bothrops
04-13-2018, 06:09 PM
Where am I? Is this practice? Where was I before?

ShotgunDawg
04-13-2018, 06:11 PM
THANK YOU DAN MULLEN!!!

Dear 6 lb 8 ounce baby Jesus, if we would've only known

Thank you for leaving! Dan is the 17ing Man!

ElectroDawg
04-13-2018, 06:11 PM
This is freakin awesome. JM and staff are killin it.

Bulldog1
04-13-2018, 06:14 PM
https://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/chris-fowler-more-cowbell.gif?w=500

Ari Gold
04-13-2018, 06:17 PM
A 3/4 Star OL that Hev hadn’t offered. Questioned the kids arm length .. so ****ing stupid you can’t even make something like that up.
Props to Coach Peterson for offering him first ..

fader2103
04-13-2018, 06:21 PM
I?m guessing the Joe Moorhead can?t recruit in the south is dead for good now.

msbulldog
04-13-2018, 06:27 PM
Dammit Boys! Hail State! Somebody today on one of the several boards I read, said it was time to start bring in OL's. Ask and Ye shall receive!

War Machine Dawg
04-13-2018, 06:28 PM
We can sign a 4-star OL? That's legal? We don't have to settle for 2-star projects that need to be "developed"?******

Good riddance, Lateral Move. Amazing what a staff who's hungry and motivated as opposed to lazy can do.

War Machine Dawg
04-13-2018, 06:28 PM
Double post. WTF?

HoopsDawg
04-13-2018, 06:30 PM

Not if posters keep bringing it up every time we get a commit.

DogsofAnarchy
04-13-2018, 06:30 PM

It DAMN well better be!!! It’s time for us to stop with the bitching that goes on with recruiting. My goodness, this staff is for real!!! Now let’s go support them on Super Bulldog Weekend!!!

Lord McBuckethead
04-13-2018, 06:35 PM
Double post. WTF?

Triple post this I don't care

msbulldog
04-13-2018, 06:35 PM
We can sign a 4-star OL? That's legal? We don't have to settle for 2-star projects that need to be "developed"?******

Good riddance, Lateral Move. Amazing what a staff who's hungry and motivated as opposed to lazy can do.

I believe Cunningham is a 3 star.

msbulldog
04-13-2018, 06:36 PM
We are now 5th on 247 composite with 153.6 total points. Miami is 4th @ 160.58 total points. Look out guppies we're coming for you.

DogsofAnarchy
04-13-2018, 06:38 PM

He is a 4-Star on 247. Way to go /:;6bird!!

ShotgunDawg
04-13-2018, 06:39 PM

He's a 247 4 Star and composite 3 star. Even in composite though, he's like an 88.88889 or something which is a pubic hair from being a 4 star

They just do a bad job of promoting their own rankings.

KOdawg1
04-13-2018, 06:40 PM

3 star composite. In 247sport's ranking themselves, he is a 4 star

KOdawg1
04-13-2018, 06:42 PM
Regardless of what star he is, the kid has some good offers. We've been spoiled these past few days. Amazing work by this staff.

Turfdawg67
04-13-2018, 06:51 PM
I followed him on Twitter the other day, I think that's what did it! •

msbulldog
04-13-2018, 06:52 PM
He's a 247 4 Star and composite 3 star. Even in composite though, he's like an 88.88889 or something which is a pubic hair from being a 4 star

True that Gun, I usually go by the composite. But the fallacy of that is that the composite incorporates Rivals and ESPN, who don't have boots on the ground in Mississippi. 247/Scout has Paul, Robbie, Steve, David, and Mike chipping in. I can't think of any other team covering our recruiting that is any better. If there is a better site I will buy it.

But the bottom line is we now have 2 OL's committed, that's reason for celebration! Hail State!

msstate7
04-13-2018, 07:15 PM
This staff is doing an unbelievable job. After we win 9-10 this season, break out the wallet Cohen. Lock these guys up

Todd4State
04-13-2018, 07:34 PM
A 3/4 Star OL that Hev hadn?t offered. Questioned the kids arm length .. so ****ing stupid you can?t even make something like that up.
Props to Coach Peterson for offering him first ..

The funny part to me was Florida offered him after we did.

But yeah- this is a guy we don't get with the Country Club showing seriously relentless strain in recruiting.

Perpetual Underachiever
04-13-2018, 07:34 PM
Not sure how much Peterson, Austin, and Gibson are currently making...but they deserve a raise asap. Incredible job by the entire staff.

Todd4State
04-13-2018, 07:35 PM
True that Gun, I usually go by the composite. But the fallacy of that is that the composite incorporates Rivals and ESPN, who don't have boots on the ground in Mississippi. 247/Scout has Paul, Robbie, Steve, David, and Mike chipping in. I can't think of any other team covering our recruiting that is any better. If there is a better site I will buy it.

But the bottom line is we now have 2 OL's committed, that's reason for celebration! Hail State!

That's why I actually go by 247 and not the composite.

Todd4State
04-13-2018, 07:36 PM
Not sure how much Peterson, Austin, and Gibson are currently making...but they deserve a raise asap. Incredible job by the entire staff.

We're going to see their full powers now that they don't have the Country Club limiting their potential.

I bet they're glad that they don't have to beat around the bush about why Hevesy hasn't called a recruit or why they literally hide Hevesy from recruits.

HoopsDawg
04-13-2018, 07:38 PM
That's why I actually go by 247 and not the composite.

Now that Scout is no more, the composite is worthless.

We now have 5 four star commits and Shrader should be 6. We had 6 in the entire class last year.

Todd4State
04-13-2018, 07:41 PM
Now that Scout is no more, the composite is worthless.

We now have 5 four star commits and Shrader should be 6. We had 6 in the entire class last year.

Agree about the composite.

We may have our highest rated class in school history this year. I thought our ceiling was top 15-20 but Joe is proving me wrong and making Dan look way worse in the process.

MetEdDawg
04-13-2018, 07:43 PM
Think about this folks. Cunningham is sitting at a .8889 composite ranking right now on 24/7. That brought our average star rating for this class DOWN. That's how good Joe Moorhead is doing right now. A kid that's a borderline 4 star and a very solid pickup for us brought our star average rating down.

Cunningham is a big get and I think should be a 4 star composite by the time this is done. 24/7 already bumped him to a 90 overall. ESPN and rivals need to get on board with that.

Bully13
04-13-2018, 07:44 PM
Agree about the composite.

We may have our highest rated class in school history this year. I thought our ceiling was top 15-20 but Joe is proving me wrong and making Dan look way worse in the process.

but we still ain't # 1 like tsun****

Todd4State
04-13-2018, 07:48 PM
but we still ain't # 1 like tsun****

I wonder with all of these recent commitments Joe is telling them to hold his beer. They're racking up on three stars and four stars that won't qualify or will play pro baseball and we're getting legit four stars and projectible three stars.

But Ole Miss is gearing up to focus on going after four star players now.********************************************** *********************

dawgs
04-13-2018, 07:49 PM

Different ranking services update at different points in the year, so while 247 May have update recently, ESPN and/or rivals may not update until after summer camps, or just before summer camps. Up until August or September, you are best off going by 247 alone until all the rankings are at the same point in the process.

Goldendawg
04-13-2018, 08:29 PM

But yeah- this is a guy we don't get with the Country Club showing seriously relentless strain in recruiting.

I know it's early, but are any Fl boards starting to grip or show concern about the Country Club's commits thus far and their lack of high star power at UF of all places?

Commercecomet24
04-14-2018, 01:26 AM
Ive never seen anything like this! Joe and staff are for real! Country club is no more!

msbulldog
04-14-2018, 07:24 AM

Notice that Florida is offering practically every player we are. Looks like they are watching what we do and copying us. I think Mutton knows how good our off-the-field recruiting guys are and he doesn't have the same thing at Florida.

JoseBrown
04-14-2018, 07:49 AM
Or he thinks his anti-MSU message should be credible, so as to get them to flip to him. Either way, he just doesn't seem to understand country club recruiting won't beat what we have now....

MetEdDawg
04-14-2018, 08:06 AM
Or he thinks his anti-MSU message should be credible, so as to get them to flip to him. Either way, he just doesn't seem to understand country club recruiting won't beat what we have now....

Mullen is going to have to win games at Florida in order for his recruiting to be passable to the fan base. Georgia is the top dog in that division now. Top FL kids and GA kids want to go there. Miami is now hot with Richt. FSU is FSU. Kiffin will snag a few kids a team like FAU shouldn't. Then you've got just the general poaching of FL talent.

Florida has lost some of its luster. It's not as great a self recruiter as it was 7 years ago. If Mullen doesn't go out and win some games immediately it's going to stay that way and he's going to be out of a job.

Pollodawg
04-14-2018, 11:11 AM
Mullen is going to have to win games at Florida in order for his recruiting to be passable to the fan base. Georgia is the top dog in that division now. Top FL kids and GA kids want to go there. Miami is now hot with Richt. FSU is FSU. Kiffin will snag a few kids a team like FAU shouldn't. Then you've got just the general poaching of FL talent.

Florida has lost some of its luster. It's not as great a self recruiter as it was 7 years ago. If Mullen doesn't go out and win some games immediately it's going to stay that way and he's going to be out of a job.

This. Recruiting class merely in the top twenty won’t cut it for a fan base used to top ten classes without the Ws.

RougeDawg
04-14-2018, 12:23 PM
This staff is doing an unbelievable job. After we win 9-10 this season, break out the wallet Cohen. Lock these guys up

9-10? We will be favored in at least that many games come game time. 9 is minimum wins, but 12 isn?t that far fetched in regular season.