PDA

View Full Version : OT but general interest: Weekend Weather

RocketDawg
04-13-2018, 01:46 PM
Looks like some pretty dicey weather will be moving in my area for Saturday and into Saturday night. Presumably that means that Mississippi will be under the gun a little earlier, maybe tonight and through the early morning hours.

Any comments from the usual Weather Dogs?

Also ... a day or two ago I heard a snippet on the Weather Channel where their tornado expert mentioned the Louisville tornado of 2011 (or was it later; doesn't seem that long ago?), and said it was an EF-5. Does that represent an increase in rating? I thought it was a 4. He also said that not only had asphalt been lifted off of roadways, but that dirt had been scored as much as 2 feet deep. That is one nasty storm.

RocketDawg
04-13-2018, 01:50 PM
PDS watch just issued for Arkansas.

Lord McBuckethead
04-13-2018, 02:02 PM
PDS?

RocketDawg
04-13-2018, 02:04 PM
PDS?

PDS = Particularly Dangerous Situation (can also mean Pretty Damn Serious).

It's just issued when there's a high probability of large, long track tornadoes. A low percentage of watches carry the PDS handle.

starkvegasdawg
04-13-2018, 07:15 PM
Just west of the MS river down in LA starting to get active. Things could be a little rough in western MS until late tonight before waning. However, things are forecast to get active again in eastern MS tomorrow morning with tornadoes again possible.

RocketDawg
04-13-2018, 07:54 PM
Just west of the MS river down in LA starting to get active. Things could be a little rough in western MS until late tonight before waning. However, things are forecast to get active again in eastern MS tomorrow morning with tornadoes again possible.

Had a golf tournament scheduled to start at 8 Saturday morning in Guntersville (AL) that was canceled. Now watch it not rain until mid-afternoon.

starkvegasdawg
04-13-2018, 07:56 PM
Had a golf tournament scheduled to start at 8 Saturday morning in Guntersville (AL) that was canceled. Now watch it not rain until mid-afternoon.

It may not start until then there.

For those that live in the delta, stay observant the next few hours.

RocketDawg
04-13-2018, 07:59 PM
It may not start until then there.

For those that live in the delta, stay observant the next few hours.

Could be. For a couple of days they've been forecasting it to start early in the morning. The latest NWS forecast still has 100% after 7 a.m. Like you, I think it'll be later here.

msbulldog
04-14-2018, 07:34 AM
Tornado warnings went off on my phone at about 3:00 am this morning in the Monroe, LA.

Treemydawg
04-14-2018, 11:58 AM
we just got caught in traffic in Meridian in a tornado on the way to my sons rodeo in Purvis. Dang near filled my underwear up.